John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
How would you suggest he does that? You think he expected Tavares to turn right in front of him with zero reaction time?

Normal human reaction is to move over and avoid hazards, he did not try to hit him but he had zero concern if he had to skate through him or not.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
Coming in to say I also hope he recovers. This is one of the most brutal collisions I have seen in sports, Perry (completely accidental) essentially punts JT right in the head at speed. JT's neck snapping back, f*** man, then he collapses before he is even conscious, the f***.

Mar 26, 2010
Just brutal for Tavares. The play happened fast and I hate to say it, but anything involving Perry makes me wonder if it was accidentally on purpose.
Yup, almost looks intentional.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I know it's Perry who isn't a choir boy but I don't think that was intentional and in real-time I'm not sure how he could have avoided it since it was sudden and he was skating fast. With that said potentially life-changing injury for Tavares...let's hope not.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Those eyes remind me of the hardest hit I ever saw live. It was AHL, perfectly clean hit, very similar to Wendel Clark / Bruce Bell. This one saw Ken Belanger rock almost 20 year NHL vet Gaston Gingras behind his own net. He was down for several minutes and eventually his teammates picked him up with his arms over their shoulders. He went right in front of me, legs still dangling, eyes all glassy. He retired from hockey after that hit.

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Normal human reaction is to move over and avoid hazards, he did not try to hit him but he had zero concern if he had to skate through him or not.

There was 0.2 seconds between when Tavares landed on the ice and Perry hit him. Reaction time for elite sprinters is around 0.15 seconds and that is when they are ready and expecting the starting gun to go off. And even if Perry was able to react that quickly, the amount of movement he'd be able to do once he reacted (in the remaining 0.05 seconds) would be minimal.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
If you watch it at real time, Perry would need some pretty great reaction time to the hit in front of him.

Lobsterski

Oct 26, 2018
I'd chalk that up as the worst looking leaf injury since Berard took that stick from Hossa...

Game doesn't even matter anymore, I don't smoke but I feel like a need a cigarette, witnessing him collapse backwards like that trying to sit back up will be permanently engrained in my brain. Scary shit

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
What would you have the guy do? He doesn’t have a collar, the crew with the stretcher have that bag. They don’t exactly fit in your back pocket. He knows his player took a blow to the head and is dazed. The priority is making sure the airway is clear, which seems fine and then holding c-spine so in case there’s a cervical fracture JT doesn’t severe his spinal cord by moving around while he’s seeing stars. What would you have him do?

Tell him he's had a head injury and that it's very important not to move. Please stay down until we can assess the situation John. Hold up, just stay still for a bit.

Reactions: NineteenSixtyFive

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
That was brutal to watch and I really hope Tavares can recover. I never thought I’d say this but I feel for Perry and all the players. These guys hate each other on the ice but have enough respect where things rarely cross the line with intent to injure and end a guys career. No one on either team wanted this...

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
That's about as far from intentional as it gets. All you can do is hope it doesn't end up nearly as bad as it looked.

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006
This was horrific. Johhny T were all awaiting your speedy recovery.

This was the definition of an accident. Scary

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
If you watch it at real time, Perry would need some pretty great reaction time to the hit in front of him.

Watch it real time from the second camera Perry’s view. He had time to flinch or lean or move he chose his path if it went through JT that was just a free bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad