John Tavares injury

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Am guessing he's done for the night.
Lol, you think ? If he comes back it would be like..

MG23.gif

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
I don't think Perry meant to knee him in the head but I definitely think he meant to skate by and give him a bump. He had plenty of time to avoid him.

Plenty of time to avoid him if you are watching in slow motion. At full speed it is clear there was no time to react. About 0.2 seconds from when Tavares lands on the ice to when Perry makes contact.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
I appreciate the tweet from the Habs organization and really hope Tavares is able to make a full recovery and is okay. Very scary stuff

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The guy has young children as well, just brutal to see that.

I really hope it’s not a career ender for him, some things are more important than hockey though. Hopefully his wife has some support with her right now as well, I can’t imagine what she’s going through seeing that.

Reactions: leafsfan5

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Looks like one of those career altering injuries. Don't think he'll ever be the same player. He looked like a vegtable when the trainers got him on his knees. The blood on his eyes was also weird and from a weird angle. Hope it's not spine or brain injury. scary, scary stuff

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
I’m not sure how people can think this was anything but an accident. I hate Perry as much as the next guy and I’m a leaf fan, but this was so clearly accidental.

Also, the fight was dumb and unnecessary but I can overlook that if Perry gets punched in general.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I'm a Leafs fan and literally just shut off my feed after seeing that go down. I'll check the score in the norning. So much excitement for this series to finally start and not even a period in our captain goes down with a possibly life-altering injury. Just feel sick right now.
Hey do you but you're missing your team rally around their fallen captain.

Reactions: The National

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
A neurologist in the Habs Facebook group I'm in disagree with you on that. I'll take their word over yours.
Again, what would you or they have that guy do?

And I would absolutely take my opinion over a neurologist who hasn’t been on an emergency scene maybe ever. But I’m a cocky sob anyways.

Reactions: Vikke

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Hopefully he is alright, that looked really bad

As crazy bad as it could be, better a knee than a skate in that situation

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
I’m not sure how people can think this was anything but an accident. I hate Perry as much as the next guy and I’m a leaf fan, but this was so clearly accidental.

Also, the fight was dumb and unnecessary but I can overlook that if Perry gets punched in general.

You're on HF Boards, dumb opinions and statements should be expected. But to be fair, there's what maybe 2-3 posters who said it.

Reactions: Steve

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Tragic and I hope JT is okay, but come on...

Trevor Perry wasn't the most agile of skaters even in his day and JT falls ten feet in front of him, how is he gonna avoid that? Not even close to intentional.

Not at all like what that :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:er Dubois did to Muzzin last August.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Yeah I'm sure there's a handful of reasons why you aren't

Also wrt intent posts in this thread - hard to blame Perry here. Perry was skating full-tilt even prior to the hit being made. He had no time to avoid it.

where in my post do I blame perry? I think you may have gotten lost in your initial witty retort and imagined the rest.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Honesty, looked like an extremely awful, “and he was never the same again” type injury :( Not just how clearly concussed he was, but he appeared to be bleeding out of both sides of one eye - that eye might be wrecked.

But hopefully I’m wrong, sometimes injuries look terrible at first but the recovery is faster than you’d think, e.g. Patches/Chara. Fingers crossed it’s one of those - a non-career/life altering concussion, his eyes fine, and nothing in his face badly broken. My thoughts are with our captain.

Complete freak accident though - Perry does plenty of “accidentally on purpose” shit, but this wasn’t that, he didn’t have time to do anything. Looks a bit different in slo-mo, but at full speed it happens so fast, pure accident IMO. I do like the fight regardless - Foligno isn’t calmly analyzing a slo-mo replay, he’s revved up in an aggressive game and saw his captain get badly injured, he’s gonna fight the guy who did it, even if it was accidental. That’s hockey, and fine in my book.

Last edited:

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
?? You understand the jumbotron is in the center of the ice and replays stuff and the players can see it the same as you can on CBC?

Right?
Who the f*** are they running replays for, no one is in the building. Simmonds in his intermission interview said no one knew what happened.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Who the f*** are they running replays for, no one is in the building. Simmonds in his intermission interview said no one knew what happened.
You can literally see players looking up and watching the jumbotron all throughout the game. Open your eyes please.

Reactions: snag

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
A neurologist in the Habs Facebook group I'm in disagree with you on that. I'll take their word over yours.

In fairness, IIRC, Bleedgreen is an EMT, so he's trained in how to handle people immediately after an injury. He's not just some poster talking out of his ass like most of us.

Reactions: bleedgreen and L13

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I think even the most ardent of Perry haters can see it was accidental, especially after the thousands of (unnecessary) replays. Perry felt so bad.

That said, re: the Foligno fight - he doesn't have the benefit of replay. He just knows his captain went down and Perry was responsible. I can understand why he wouldn't be thinking straight. Besides, they dropped the mitts and that's it. Closure, reset, book closed. That's all the fight was. You could tell Perry wanted absolutely no part of it, but agreed to defuse the situation. Respect to Perry for that. In an alternate timeline where Kadri is still a Leaf, he senselessly crosschecks someone in the face and gets suspended.

Basically this. It creates a situation where teams don't escalate. Players, like it or not, agree it's settled and done and move on. Most horrific events that happen are due to refs not calling things, then they escalate. In this case it was an accident but there remains a code, whether people like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad