Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ygo

Oct 19, 2015
Developing him as an impact forward instead of a bottom six player trying to keep his head above water is surprising
Why would he be bottom of roster in Buffalo? Assuming, Eakin, Girgs and Okposo is a 4th line with DZone responsibility, he outplayed several guys in preseason who are penciled in up front... Drake and Bjork for sure (put him on Conzens' wing, he deserves that). Furthermore, he looks to have outplayed Olofsson and Tage as well, but the org is set on giving them chance after chance at being decent at 5v5... The experiment with Tage, might be worthwhile, we will see. The long and short of it is, he was better than Caggiula and Bjork and you are not really experimenting with them. He should be on the team based on merit.

The only meaningful argument for holding him back is that he is not NHL ready... if that is the case, then, the guys you are keeping ahead of him should already be gone. By virtue of not picking up any players on the waiver wire, the team has sent a message that they have NHL calibre talent on the roster. So I conclude, that the guy they are sending to Rochester is better than a fair share of the guys on the roster. He earned a spot.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
Why would he be bottom of roster in Buffalo? Assuming, Eakin, Girgs and Okposo is a 4th line with DZone responsibility, he outplayed several guys in preseason who are penciled in up front... Drake and Bjork for sure (put him on Conzens' wing, he deserves that). Furthermore, he looks to have outplayed Olofsson and Tage as well, but the org is set on giving them chance after chance at being decent at 5v5... The experiment with Tage, might be worthwhile, we will see. The long and short of it is, he was better than Caggiula and Bjork and you are not really experimenting with them. He should be on the team based on merit.

The only meaningful argument for holding him back is that he is not NHL ready... if that is the case, then, the guys you are keeping ahead of him should already be gone. By virtue of not picking up any players on the waiver wire, the team has sent a message that they have NHL calibre talent on the roster. So I conclude, that the guy they are sending to Rochester is better than a fair share of the guys on the roster. He earned a spot.
Well let me rephrase put him in a position to succeed and excel

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Peca confirmed that the Sabres felt that it was better for Peterka's development to stay in the AHL rather than go to the World Juniors.

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Bummer, I would have liked to see him go to the WJC. I understand the rationale though.

Peca confirmed that the Sabres felt that it was better for Peterka's development to stay in the AHL rather than go to the World Juniors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad