Player Discussion John-Jason (JJ) Peterka, RW (34th overall, 2020) -- Signed to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover

What a great interview to which to listen. I think I was smiling throughout as much as JJ. He's got a great outgoing, effusive personality. I'm really happy for him - and especially so for his parents - who received his first call about the call up and the fact that they are in the states to watch him play his first NHL game.

Makes me feel very good about the Sabres' future too. Guys who are developing and really want to play in this organization.

Last edited:

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
What a great interview to which to listen. I think I was smiling throughout as much as JJ. He's got a great outgoing, effusive personality. I'm really happy for him - and especially so for his parents - who received his first call about the call up and the fact that they are in the states to watch him play his first NHL game.

Makes me feel very good about the Sabres' future too. Guys who are developing and really want to play in this organization.

Yeah, it made me just smile. This is a pick when it was made that really excited me. The same how I felt about Asplund. It took a while longer for Asplund, but with Peterka, I just sense a vibe of tempo changed.

Reactions: Dex

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Seems like Rochester may not want to get too used to having him back
I’m excited to see him full time, I don’t think there’s all that much of a gap between JJ and Stutzle. I watched a lot of WJC last year and every time Stutzle did something awesome it was JJ cashing it in. They were a money line for Germany. Seen JJ live a few times here in Rochester and he’s so dynamic and talented.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I’m excited to see him full time, I don’t think there’s all that much of a gap between JJ and Stutzle. I watched a lot of WJC last year and every time Stutzle did something awesome it was JJ cashing it in. They were a money line for Germany. Seen JJ live a few times here in Rochester and he’s so dynamic and talented.

I wanted both of them lol

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

“I think I did pretty good there (in practice),” Peterka said following Saturday’s 4-2 loss to the Utica Comets at Blue Cross Arena.

Peterka did so well, in fact, he has been killing penalties since returning from the AHL’s COVID-19 protocol and an injury Jan. 21. After nearly half a season in North America, the Sabres believed the winger deserved an opportunity to shoulder more responsibility.

Appert said he and Sabres general manager Kevyn Adams and assistant GM Jason Karmanos had spoken all year about adding Peterka to the penalty kill. First, however, the youngster needed to improve his five-on-five and defensive habits.

“Some of the American League is throwing the youngsters in the deep end, a life jacket and having them figure stuff out, which I think is good as well,” Appert said. “But I also think some of it as a staff is trying to balance how much to give, because you don’t want them drowning, you want to give them enough adversity to where they’re growing and learning but not so much that it buries them.”

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

“I think I did pretty good there (in practice),” Peterka said following Saturday’s 4-2 loss to the Utica Comets at Blue Cross Arena.

Peterka did so well, in fact, he has been killing penalties since returning from the AHL’s COVID-19 protocol and an injury Jan. 21. After nearly half a season in North America, the Sabres believed the winger deserved an opportunity to shoulder more responsibility.

Appert said he and Sabres general manager Kevyn Adams and assistant GM Jason Karmanos had spoken all year about adding Peterka to the penalty kill. First, however, the youngster needed to improve his five-on-five and defensive habits.

“Some of the American League is throwing the youngsters in the deep end, a life jacket and having them figure stuff out, which I think is good as well,” Appert said. “But I also think some of it as a staff is trying to balance how much to give, because you don’t want them drowning, you want to give them enough adversity to where they’re growing and learning but not so much that it buries them.”

Oh wow, they actually had a plan for a young prospect in the AHL? What type of wizardry is this?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad