HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
As a Canes fan with no attachment involved I’ll say that Farabee is probably only of the least likely to be moved players in the NHL at this moment and Kakko + Rangers 1st wouldn’t get it done.

Farabee being only a year older than Kakko has shown the exact kind of development and improvement year on year that you expect and hope from your draft picks, compared to one of the most high profile busts in recent history.

Farabee is signed to a deal you would already call fair and will undoubtedly become a bargain deal as the cap keeps increasing and especially if he can reach another level or two. You also have to look at Philly’s cap issues this year and the general make up of their squad and think about how teams like to build for the future to consider Farabee is a piece you keep and build around.

Johansen, Atkinson, and Ristolainen are eating up 15 mil in cap this year, with the former two coming off the books next summer. Not sure about Risto’s LTIR status but if he’s deemed fit he’s on the books 3 more years at 5. If the Flyers are trying to bring in younger pieces to build for the future they’re much more likely to deal Konecny either this summer or at the deadline given he’s in his last year and would bring back a decent package for a team looking to build younger.

Flyer’s fans can correct me if I misspoke on anything here.

Reactions: Hexy4 and Habs7631

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
As a Canes fan with no attachment involved I’ll say that Farabee is probably only of the least likely to be moved players in the NHL at this moment and Kakko + Rangers 1st wouldn’t get it done.

Farabee being only a year older than Kakko has shown the exact kind of development and improvement year on year that you expect and hope from your draft picks, compared to one of the most high profile busts in recent history.

Farabee is signed to a deal you would already call fair and will undoubtedly become a bargain deal as the cap keeps increasing and especially if he can reach another level or two. You also have to look at Philly’s cap issues this year and the general make up of their squad and think about how teams like to build for the future to consider Farabee is a piece you keep and build around.

Johansen, Atkinson, and Ristolainen are eating up 15 mil in cap this year, with the former two coming off the books next summer. Not sure about Risto’s LTIR status but if he’s deemed fit he’s on the books 3 more years at 5. If the Flyers are trying to bring in younger pieces to build for the future they’re much more likely to deal Konecny either this summer or at the deadline given he’s in his last year and would bring back a decent package for a team looking to build younger.

Flyer’s fans can correct me if I misspoke on anything here.
Farabee and Torts have clashes, hence the rumors. However, I doubt that they move Farabee for an underperforming winger. They would most likely since they seem intent on keeping TK, move Farabee for a young C. I'd think a Farabee for Rossi type deal would be the target, but who knows anymore.

Kakko is a resurrection project that the Flyers would have interest in, but not at the expense of a productive player. They have enough middling pieces - they'd move Farabee only for a player that has high end potential in a few years. Kakko may become a productive player still, but I think it's pretty well accepted that would be a best case scenario and any high end potential is gone. They may take a Flyer on him at a low cost at most, would be my guess.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Farabee and Torts have clashes, hence the rumors. However, I doubt that they move Farabee for an underperforming winger. They would most likely since they seem intent on keeping TK, move Farabee for a young C. I'd think a Farabee for Rossi type deal would be the target, but who knows anymore.

Which brings up the problem of the Flyers having a good young C already that Torts has issues with

What type of C is Torts looking for since he doesn't seem to like much about Frost

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC

Kakko is a resurrection project that the Flyers would have interest in, but not at the expensive of a productive player. They'll take a Flyer on him at a low cost at most, would be my guess.
Fair enough, if a TK extension goes down I could understand moving Farabee in a mutually exclusive hockey move. I also think Kakko would make sense in a throw them a 2nd kind of way.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Fair enough, if a TK extension goes down I could understand moving Farabee in a mutually exclusive hockey move. I also think Kakko would make sense in a throw them a 2nd kind of way.
Possible, but honestly, anything any beat reporter has at this point about the Flyers is total nonsense.

They are a vault since GMDB has taken over. Nobody knew about the Russians getting over (Kolosov, Fedotov), the Cutter or Provorov situations ahead of time.

The only pieces of information that have happened prior to the regime is the Sanheim, which was leaked from St. Louis (Krug's agent) and Michkov (which was leaked from Russia). Nothing has come from the Flyers - they've been air tight.

I don't know who this dude is, but it's probably BS.

The Rangers are looking for a veteran RW and are gunna solve this issue by adding a... 24 yr old LW? Lmao
The basis for a deal can exist, as the Flyers are loaded with RWs. Farabee, however, isn't one of them, so your point is valid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad