NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
The movement on Buium’s line for 3rd overall today alone is absolutely wild
-180 to go exactly 3rd on B365

Lindstrome -190 to go exactly 4th

Levshunov -450(!) to go exactly 2nd

Bookies obviously think the intel is solid in the first 4 picks

I was hoping Levshunov might drop, obviously not

Demidov seems to be likely to drop to at least 5th, according to bookies, despite Bob’s ranking and the TSN mock with Button this afternoon

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Demidov seems to be likely to drop to at least 5th, according to bookies, despite Bob’s ranking and the TSN mock with Button this afternoon
He was +1200 5 hours ago, that kind of movement is pretty reliable.

Reactions: BigRig4

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I got it in at +750 when I heard Marek say it.

Seems like the top 4 is:

Celebrini
Levshunov
Buium
Lindstrom

We could have one of Demidov or Silayev there at 7 which is crazy since Bob's list had them 2 and 3 iirc.

i guess but i think hes the 4th best d man .
That's exactly where I have him too

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020

Yes it seems there is compelling intel

I hate these type of precision odds though, when the bookies aren’t willing to back up the line with the inverse odds minus their take. I would love to take “anybody except x” at any of those positions at +odds

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
-200 now for Buium, looking like a lock.

Also interesting: the over under on Beckett Sennecke is set at 6.5 and he’s -370 to go top 10. Would not be at all surprised if he’s our pick.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's a longshot, but Demidov might be available at #7 if things go like:

San Jose-Celebrini
Chicago-Levshunov
Anaheim-Buium
Columbus-Lindstrom
Montreal-Iginla
Utah-one of the top defensemen
Ottawa-Demidov
If Demidov is there at 7, we shuold be trading back with someone who wants him, because the Sens are not likely to be taking him

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Just another example that this draft is all over the place & the BPA depends on who you talk to or listen to or who they like at that time. Regardless, IMO there is going to be a very good player at 7th OA, but there's also the chance with a few guys they could be bust players in the making. Hope they choose he right guy.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
not sure why anyone would want him 3rd overall.. hes good but not that good.
He was literally better than Celebrini in the frozen 4 and the WJC.

Edit*

By laughing at the statement above I assume you didn't watch? Even Celebrini said he was better in the frozen 4. He didn't get scored on for 7 straight elimination games. Averaging 28 minutes a game en route to national championship. Was also USA's number 1 d at the wjc.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
We live in a world where Demidov and Silayev could be there for Ottawa at #7 and they'd pass on them for Dickinson/Sennecke. Draft day is here with a bang!

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Demidov is there at 7, we shuold be trading back with someone who wants him, because the Sens are not likely to be taking him
New GM really dont know that. But if he is there I think they should they could get tremendous value and a player that's just as good of they don't move too far back.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
We live in a world where Demidov and Silayev could be there for Ottawa at #7 and they'd pass on them for Dickinson/Sennecke. Draft day is here with a bang!

1719600996442.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad