NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
just hope we avoid parehk to much risk with that pick the more i look into him sure the potential is high but he also has the biggest bust potential. take silayev or dickinson if there avaiable .either one seem like safe bets to be #2- #3 defencemen at worse in nhl line ups. wasn't sold on silyev earlier this summer but hes grown on me even if not put up much offense 6 ft 7 with that reach and speed for his size is a unicorn

Reactions: Icelevel

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Alright someone has to talk me into the Sennecke hype. I’ve been quiet about him as I’m down on him but now with all the smoke around Sennecke and Ottawa I’m a little nervous

I see a super lanky, kid with a decent shot, decent speed but trouble with his edges.

He does a lot of dipsy doodling with the puck that works in junior but will get him crushed or stripped of the puck in the NHL. A vast majority of his scoring chances come from breakdowns resulting in him getting a breakaway.

I see the size, shot and i know he’s still growing and plays somewhat of a power game, but does he have that dog in him to be a power forward? Or is he more like a Rick Nash type power forward?

I see the upside if he puts it together but I’m not convinced on him.

I much prefer others players in the draft in the top 10.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Parekh and Yakechmuk have as much potential as anyone after Celibrini, but I don't think it's a swing the Senators can take given they've gone 3 years without a 1st round pick (Boucher doesn't count) and they already moved 25. It might sting a bit in 10 years if they end up reaching anywhere near their ceiling but I think Sens management are going to be looking at the more well rounded/higher floor options like Dickinson, Iginla, Sennecke.

The wildcard here for me is if Silayev slides because that could be a guy worth throwing out "the plan" for and just taking the swing on him. He's safe in the sense that he has the tools to be a 3rd pairing guy next fall but obviously whoever drafts him might have to take him along more slowly if he's going to develop anything on offence or in transition.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Alright someone has to talk me into the Sennecke hype. I’ve been quiet about him as I’m down on him but now with all the smoke around Sennecke and Ottawa I’m a little nervous

I see a super lanky, kid with a decent shot, decent speed but trouble with his edges.

He does a lot of dipsy doodling with the puck that works in junior but will get him crushed or stripped of the puck in the NHL. A vast majority of his scoring chances come from breakdowns resulting in him getting a breakaway.

I see the size, shot and i know he’s still growing and plays somewhat of a power game, but does he have that dog in him to be a power forward? Or is he more like a Rick Nash type power forward?

I see the upside if he puts it together but I’m not convinced on him.

I much prefer others players in the draft in the top 10.

You didn't mention playmaking, which is a big part of his appeal. I think he's a passer/playmaker first and a goal scorer second. And for the way Ottawa is built, with Pinto and Norris both being shoot-first centres, a playmaking RW would be a very good fit. I have him ranked quite high and would be happy with him at seven.

My only real concerns are the chatter around his character/attitude, which none of us are in a position to judge, and his uneven draft year. His draft year actually reminded me of Logan Brown's in some ways. Like Brown, he got cut from Canada's Hlinka team in the summer. Like Brown, the draft year production wasn't great for a top 10 prospect. Like Brown, Sennecke came on later in the year, being a dominant player in the playoffs. For those who don't remember, Logan Brown was an absolute monster at his u18s - it was the best he ever looked.

Now, they're very different players, so I'm not making that comparison, but there's a risk there that Sennecke's second half and playoffs prove to be an outlier in his trajectory, as opposed to the stretch where he put it all together for good.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy and DJB

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So do Habs pass on lindstrom? If they do I think he ends up at 7.l if Utah loving sennecke are to be believed

Columbus is such a hopeless franchise.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
He says buium would be best. Parekh more realistic to be there and he’d take him.
I can agree with half of that.

Wheeler's been higher on Parekh than most. He tends be higher on the guys he's written profiles on (Parekh at 5, Eiserman at 7), with Yakemchuk being an interesting exception (13).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad