Speculation: Joel Farabee to NYR??

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
As a Canes fan with no attachment involved I’ll say that Farabee is probably only of the least likely to be moved players in the NHL at this moment and Kakko + Rangers 1st wouldn’t get it done.

Farabee being only a year older than Kakko has shown the exact kind of development and improvement year on year that you expect and hope from your draft picks, compared to one of the most high profile busts in recent history.

Farabee is signed to a deal you would already call fair and will undoubtedly become a bargain deal as the cap keeps increasing and especially if he can reach another level or two. You also have to look at Philly’s cap issues this year and the general make up of their squad and think about how teams like to build for the future to consider Farabee is a piece you keep and build around.

Johansen, Atkinson, and Ristolainen are eating up 15 mil in cap this year, with the former two coming off the books next summer. Not sure about Risto’s LTIR status but if he’s deemed fit he’s on the books 3 more years at 5. If the Flyers are trying to bring in younger pieces to build for the future they’re much more likely to deal Konecny either this summer or at the deadline given he’s in his last year and would bring back a decent package for a team looking to build younger.

Flyer’s fans can correct me if I misspoke on anything here.
Farabee was pretty terrible the last half of the season and didn’t show the progression Danny B was hoping for.

Combined with a glut of wingers (TK, Michkov, Tippett, Foerster are the top 6 wingers) and the needs we have, he’s been an almost sure thing to be moved this offseason for a while now. Every reliable beat reporter has said that.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Combined with a glut of wingers (TK, Michkov, Tippett, Foerster are the top 6 wingers) and the needs we have, he’s been an almost sure thing to be moved this offseason for a while now. Every reliable beat reporter has said that.

We don't have a glut of wingers, we have a glut of right wingers, and moving Farabee, the one of the bunch who is actually a LW, doesn't alleviate the actual glut in the slightest. I'm not opposed to moving him, but roster balance isn't the reason why moving him makes sense.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Everyone, try to picture Kakko getting yelled at by Torts. Is that a relationship that is being given the best chance to succeed?

We don't have a glut of wingers, we have a glut of right wingers, and moving Farabee, the one of the bunch who is actually a LW, doesn't alleviate the actual glut in the slightest. I'm not opposed to moving him, but roster balance isn't the reason why moving him makes sense.
Funny enough, the Rangers have way more LW than we do RW so we'd be experiencing similar roster balance issues in such a swap.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
NO NO NO
Rs should not be making a bid, let alone overpaying, for overrated Farra.

Also, Rs braintrust may be too stupid to listen to me, and instead do win now proven to = epic fail, and with that trade KK
BUT
we are not extending Panarin; he won't be offered anything that he can consider b'c and the result is not a good look that will seem an insult, best for everyone if he waives to FL [he is a fit and they are concerned about Rein walking away ufa. Rs get Mikkola x 2 + cap relief.
In such ^ realistic construct, keeping young W talent w/upside is preferential to stupid selling at a loss.

I will always be a Rangers fan,
BUT
if they continue to ignore my good advice and put us through the failed results, their braintrust can bite me.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Reactions: RangersFan1994

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Everyone, try to picture Kakko getting yelled at by Torts. Is that a relationship that is being given the best chance to succeed?

Funny enough, the Rangers have way more LW than we do RW so we'd be experiencing similar roster balance issues in such a swap.
Kakko is pretty responsible. I guess Torts would yell at him for not shooting the puck or driving it to the net, but I'm not sure he'd be blasted by Torts for his play without the puck.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
WIll Faraaee help NY to take down Florida next year.

1st round pick wont do but willing to hear offers, sure. Wny not.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Farabee has been a very good 5v5 scorer. It's the Flyers pathetic PP suppressing his point, among others. If moved, expect a jump in pts.

Flyers are idiots if they move him...and Frost for that matter. But I have come to terms that the organization as a whole has archaic views and will always do something dumb.

Not trading Laughton for a 1st+ last year only to trade Farabee/Frost this year, will be the next idiotic move.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Farabee was pretty terrible the last half of the season and didn’t show the progression Danny B was hoping for.

He had three less points than Tippett who apparently showed enough “progression” to get a massive extension.

It’s really comical that you go round defending Torts like he’s your daddy whenever it’s pointed out that he’s doing what he always does - picking fights with good players, forcing them to be moved at a discount. Not to mention the fact his league worst by a long distance powerplay is depressing all the forwards’ stats, further lowering their value.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Rythashocka

Mar 21, 2007
I remember torts benching Farabee for the entire game after his first shift because he did something torts didn't like.

Farabee isn't a bad player whatsoever, in the right system he could probably get 65 points.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He had three less points than Tippett who apparently showed enough “progression” to get a massive extension.

It’s really comical that you go round defending Torts like he’s your daddy whenever it’s pointed out that he’s doing what he always does - picking fights with good players, forcing them to be moved at a discount. Not to mention the fact his league worst by a long distance powerplay is depressing all the forwards’ stats, further lowering their value.
Show me where Torts touched you

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Philly Joel is a player that would really intrigue me. Has shown improvement points wise every season, signed for another 4 years at a good cap hit of 5m, and is 24 years old. He's the exact type of player I think where you would get tons of value for him on his last 3 years of his deal.

He's someone I would hope Toronto would be in on if he's up for a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad