GDT: Free Agency Frenzy July 1st @ 12pm ET (Apparently it's not 12pm)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kane never made much sense from the Rangers point of view, he’s not what they needed. Probably was just looking for a better offer from Detroit.
Who makes sense then? I know, a guy like Brady Tkachuk or Pavel Buchnevich. They are not available.

That's one top winger off the board, and if he is willing to sign for one year, it should have been us TBH. That's the kind of commitment I'm absolutely fine with for Kane.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
8vi0g4.jpg
Money is looking good these days.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Who makes sense then? I know, a guy like Brady Tkachuk or Pavel Buchnevich. They are not available.

That's one top winger off the board, and if he is willing to sign for one year, it should have been us TBH. That's the kind of commitment I'm absolutely fine with for Kane.
Someone who is better at playing on the walls, who can play off the cycle, who is a decent distributor. Kane is one of those things.

Reactions: AirGut

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
no Kaner, probably no Stamkos in NY, this team still does need big names despite what people here on HF think.

Drury is going to go with the bare minimum this summer again I already have that feeling.
why exactly do they need a big name? Other than for Dolan to sell jerseys

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Kane never made much sense from the Rangers point of view, he’s not what they needed. Probably was just looking for a better offer from Detroit.
It made a lot of sense actually. Guy came back from surgery and was basically a PPG player who could have played on the garbage Mika line to set those two up.

Who is playing on that line now?

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
no Kaner, probably no Stamkos in NY, this team still does need big names despite what people here on HF think.

Drury is going to go with the bare minimum this summer again I already have that feeling.
oh. yeah no not at all.

big names are not needed

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
I have zero issues with Chris or any of Rangers management, but unless there is some magic stew being brewed, somebody is being left at the bus stop, standing in front of a giant puddle of poop.

And the winged wheel is a comin fast.

What now? Stamkos?

RW is Rosie O'Donnell ugly

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
It made a lot of sense actually. Guy came back from surgery and was basically a PPG player who could have played on the garbage Mika line to set those two up.

Who is playing on that line now?
I don’t care about PPG, I care about the fit. He wasn’t the right fit. Quite frankly there aren’t many great fits to play on Kreider and Zibanejad right wing but Kane wasn’t it either.

Reactions: noncents

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
Kane scored at a decent clip last year. That said, a small offensive focus winger is not top of mind when it comes to rangers needs.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Maybe Sprong? 43 points on a rough DRW team, and he's a pretty good skater.

I'd love Trenin on the 4th line. He'll hit and can PK, plus he'll fight--good replacement for Goodrow.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
"We need a real top-6 winger!"

"But not like that!"

Guys, there isn't much out there. We can either get that top-6 forward, who are all going to be small and skilled (Stamkos, Kane, Skinner, Guentzel), OR we can continue with Kakko or whoever the f*** you want. I guess Tyler Bertuzzi might be available.

Or, we can trade our best prospects and multiple picks for a guy like Tkachuk, if the Sens even want to move him.

Reactions: Atax and yrrebbor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay