OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've seen some memes but haven't followed the case closely at all. I looked up a couple summaries of it the other day, and it seems like everything is pointing to she definitely did it but the police handling of the case was so sketchy that there may be enough to acquit on those grounds.

I've seen some memes but haven't followed the case closely at all. I looked up a couple summaries of it the other day, and it seems like everything is pointing to she definitely did it but the police handling of the case was so sketchy that there may be enough to acquit on those grounds.

Reactions: Ladyfan

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

yup, not innocent but not guilty according to due process. basically the OJ limbo. seems like the family would win a wrongful death civil case.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
yup, not innocent but not guilty according to due process. basically the OJ limbo. seems like the family would win a wrongful death civil case.
My opinion is that they are hung on the lesser charges. I do believe there is just enough evidence to charge her with the lesser of the two charges.

It is embarrassing how supporters on both sides of the case are behaving. People need to stop trashing the jurors and spewing conspiracy shit and act like f***ing adults. Asking someone to decide whether a person goes to prison for the rest of their life is the hardest thing anyone is asked to do. It is agonizing and you have to be 100% sure. I've been there. I was one of those people. It tears families apart. It tears jurors apart. You make this decision and then you're left going wtf just happened. Thank god for therapy.

Make no mistake, no one "wins" here.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
dont knock it until you try it. a fried egg is arguably the best topping you can put on a burger.

Well, you go ahead then.

Enjoy,

1719599550683.png

For me, "boiled eggs" (a misnomer) with a dash of salt are an excellent snack.

Love fried eggs and bacon with toast.

Beyond that,

1719599637418.png

or

1719599699679.png

Bon Appetit,

:tinker:

same here. thats why i took up disc golf. I picked that sport up in about 3 months.
hell of alot cheaper than golf. Just a hell of alot more poison ivy and ticks.

whatever style halftime pizza is. I could eat that all day and it doesnt really fill me up.

You are not human.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If you think Karen Read is guilty, you haven't watched the entire trial. There is no evidence to support that she hit him with a car. No evidence to support his injuries were from a car. I trust science. And the science doesn't match. I trust the experts when they say, no these injuries did not come from a suv.

They want you to believe she backed up and hit him and he did a pirouette in the air (the commonwealth's words, not mine), and fell on the cocktail glass.

When your own medical examiner tells you they can't say with 100% certainty that the car caused his injuries because it's inconsistent with hit by a car injuries you've seen in your many years of doing your job, then that's a problem.

The Feds are involved for a reason.

Also connected to the Sandra Birchmore now officially deemed a HOMICIDE after saying it was a suicide. Something stinks up in Canton and Stoughton. And I can't wait for these predators to be exposed.

Justice for Sandra.
Justice for John.
Karen is innocent.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I like to think I am a journalist. That is my training and vocation, when I can get paid for it.

Yes. This trial was a travesty.

A travesty of garbage.

Media circus garbage, a hoary practice that evidently survives into the AI age.

Make me sick.

PS If you dig it, good for you. Everyone has an opinion. Mine is mine. No debate, please.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Yep

Although its been many years since Ive been there.

@Fenway have you been there in recent past?

There's a place right up the street from the old State House, where I used to work.

They have a major Italian sub -- major major -- for $10, chips and soda included. I never got the latter, but the former was quite the bargain.

I forget the name. Well known, well-traveled.

Like Archie's (sic), they close at 3 pm. Bangin' business.

Reactions: Gee Wally

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Holidays begin in a few hours, 2 weeks off , boss has me into her office for my end of first year evaluation, haven`t had so much as a 5 minute one on one to get a feel for how she feels I`m doing, where I need improvement or areas she`s happy with.

20 minutes of her telling me all the areas she`s disappointed in and where she expects improvement moving forward. Said she expected so much more from a Senior HR Advisor, didn`t answer me when I asked why she never spoke to me the previous 12 months I`ve been here about things and she quickly changes the subject.

Came back to my office, exhaled for a few minutes then sent her an email with a half dozen email`s attached that I have sent her over the course of the year asking if we could have a quick chat about the work I`m doing, always the same, "yes, I`ll set something up soon"

She literally just left for her long weekend, didn`t respond to the email nor say goodbye, just said I will be under a Performance Improvement Plan when I return.....sure feels like a super way to start a vacation.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Holidays begin in a few hours, 2 weeks off , boss has me into her office for my end of first year evaluation, haven`t had so much as a 5 minute one on one to get a feel for how she feels I`m doing, where I need improvement or areas she`s happy with.

20 minutes of her telling me all the areas she`s disappointed in and where she expects improvement moving forward. Said she expected so much more from a Senior HR Advisor, didn`t answer me when I asked why she never spoke to me the previous 12 months I`ve been here about things and she quickly changes the subject.

Came back to my office, exhaled for a few minutes then sent her an email with a half dozen email`s attached that I have sent her over the course of the year asking if we could have a quick chat about the work I`m doing, always the same, "yes, I`ll set something up soon"

She literally just left for her long weekend, didn`t respond to the email nor say goodbye, just said I will be under a Performance Improvement Plan when I return.....sure feels like a super way to start a vacation.
Your manager shouldn't be a manager.

I'd put something on her calendar for her first day back and send an email cc'ing her boss and bcc'ing your personal email recapping your meeting and asking for concrete examples of what you need improvement on.

If she can't do this, then she has no business putting you on a PIP. I sure the hell wouldn't sign anything.

I hate to say it but you should probably polish your resume and start networking as she's likely trying to push you out.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Sweet Moses I hope this is a joke

Reactions: Mione134

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
no and her manager shouldn`t either if she isn`t requesting somewhat regular employee evaluations, so frustrating and a bit disheartening, not feeling sorry for myself, just frustrated
People like this are why people hate HR and are terrified every time they have any interaction with their boss.

There is no defending piss poor managers but perhaps your manager is lying to her boss. I've seen it happen before.

Stay strong Andrew. Hugs!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

That sucks Andrew. I worked for someone who did that to me once. Very poor management IMO.

Don't let it ruin your vacation (if possible)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No better time to look for a job is when you have one.
oh my friend, if I told you I have dug in and gone back to work I`d be lying, literally started hitting the job boards once back in my office :) Too bad, work for a great organization who do amazing things for the most vulnerable members of our community.

I`ve held management positions for years, always had progress and performance meetings with staff to help identify areas we can work on, where they are doing well etc...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad