OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Here's an easy one for a Wednesday.

What's your favorite style of pizza?

I enjoy them all.

I like sardines, anchovies and pineapple. But not on a pizza,

Usually just cheese. I don't like dead fish on mine. OK with pepperoni if it isn't too greasy. I like thin crust.

My daughter likes pineapple (no ham). She is a vegetarian.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
What’s everyone’s summer vacation plans?

We head to my wife’s hometown in Western New York for a week each year and I eat my weight in chicken wings and Beef on Weck sandwiches. Plus it’s a short hop to Canada!
Not a whole lot since I used 2 weeks in April to go to Portugal

July will be staycation mode in VT with a trip to Santas Village, Early August we are making our yearly trip to tanglewood live score movie night which is Jurassic Park. then Cape Cod before the kids go back.

I enjoy them all.

There is a spot in West Glover VT called Parker Pie. They have HIlls farmstead on tap and make my favorite pizza, the "Green Mountain Special" B

Baby Spinach, Red Onion, Bacon, Apple, Fresh Garlic, Cheddar Cheese & drizzled with Deep Mountain Maple Syrup

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I absolutely LOVE Hawaiian! I didn't have pizza until we moved to Canada, took me a while to discover the Hawaiian and it was my favourite from the first time I had it.

To each their own, Number One.

I do not care for sweets, and do not like "sweet and sour" combinations with food. But, that's me.

That's why, to mix metaphors, they make chocolate and vanilla.

Where's that Don Ho record? Ah, here it is,

Reactions: caz16

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

I enjoy them all.

spicy sausage, ricotta and red pepper flakes

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Also, Sorry to all the House of Pizza lovers out there but I hate greek style pizza.

Growing up in the 413 aka Western, MA, most places had "party pizzas" which were huge square ones. Didnt realize until I left, those were not everywhere.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

My heart sings,

M.
Bacon and jalapeño. A little salty, and a little spicy.

There you go. Salty, spicy is it for me.

Also, Sorry to all the House of Pizza lovers out there but I hate greek style pizza.

Growing up in the 413 aka Western, MA, most places had "party pizzas" which were huge square ones. Didnt realize until I left, those were not everywhere.
What's a Greek style pizza? Yes, I can search it, but your opinion is more valuable.

Spill.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

That was the beauty of growing up in RI, we have both. There's a lot of greek style, and a lot of cookie sheet style.

Also bakery pizza which is the best pizza but I know I'll catch heat for that, its a RI taste for sure

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
That was the beauty of growing up in RI, we have both. There's a lot of greek style, and a lot of cookie sheet style.

Also bakery pizza which is the best pizza but I know I'll catch heat for that, its a RI taste for sure
Growing up in Detroit area, I can't say we had Detroit style Pizza all the time.

But we had I'll share in the late 70s.

Good times.

Greek style pizza is cooked in a round pan. Its very popular north of Boston but can be found a "Boston House of Pizza" and University house of pizza near Northeastern/Wentworth.
As an NU alum, shall check. Thank you.

Greek style pizza is cooked in a round pan. Its very popular north of Boston but can be found a "Boston House of Pizza" and University house of pizza near Northeastern/Wentworth.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena

According to the internet, RI party pizza is different than Western, MA party pizza apparently, below is what I am taking about

party-size-pizza.jpg

Growing up in Detroit area, I can't say we had Detroit style Pizza all the time.

But we had I'll share in the late 70s.

Good times.

I have ordered many slices of Pizza from Uhop through the hole in the wall at Punters Pub, RIP!

Reactions: BigBadBruins7708

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Attachments

• 0edfacce-8b40-4bd7-88d7-66f6ff37f303.jpg
    0edfacce-8b40-4bd7-88d7-66f6ff37f303.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Looking forward to this hopefully weekend getaway

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cheese
Pepperoni
(Green) peppers & onion

Dislike - olives on pizza

Ice cream
Chocolate chip

Dislike - maple walnut/ rum raisin (although admit never had)

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
There’s always room for pizza….

I just had it last night. A lot of it. Could I go for a roni and bacon from Papa's? Certainly. Will I pay for it tomorrow? Yes.

Do I still want it? Sadly, I do.

To me, its the perfect food.

Oh Chuck, I too am a PaPa Ginos customer. In a pinch their frozen pizzas are excellent . Taste just like the brick and mortar in under 20 minutes.

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay