OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I love seeing meteors. One year I was fortunate enough to see hundreds of them - it was the Perseid meteor shower. I was way up north at a friend's cottage and was mesmerized.
1719739371831.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I got my kitchen organized and the wires in my office managed this weekend. It all looks great but the fingers on my left hand took a real beating. Cut the knuckles on my middle and ring finger breaking down boxes and then cut the top of my thumb with a staple. Send a large tube of neosporin please.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Good bye June the month from hell (at least it's one month closer to moving to Maine)

Hottest June ever

Storm like hell today....trees down everywhere

No power..... estimate tomorrow 10 pm
And my generator says I don't think I want to play today...
6 hours later ...nope I'm not interested

I can't believe I am saying this....bring on July

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Good bye June the month from hell (at least it's one month closer to moving to Maine)

Hottest June ever

Storm like hell today....trees down everywhere

No power..... estimate tomorrow 10 pm
And my generator says I don't think I want to play today...
6 hours later ...nope I'm not interested

I can't believe I am saying this....bring on July
My one air conditioner just died

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Randomly saw this trial on tik tok and reading up on it. Some people just need execution. No trial

My issue with that kind of punishment has always been the fact that there is a non-zero # of people who have been exonerated posthumously.

There’s also the moral question but that’s for another time and place.

But the fact that they made that mistake even once means I could never support it.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Just got back from a weeklong conference in Phoenix...I know people say it is a dry heat but at 112 - 114, the wind made me feel like I was in an air fryer!

• Wow
Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
There
I couldn’t ever live there either, not because of the heat but because I’m absolutely terrified of snakes and Arizona is the snake capital of the US. I’d have to live in a high rise downtown somewhere.
There are many reasons I wouldn't live there. I hate the hot weather and love the ocean and seasons. I am not allowed to say some of the other reasons.

Bottom line I cannot think of one reason that I would want to live there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad