OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Now i want a corned beef pastrami combo at Lagrassas. Pretty sure their prices have doubled since I worked in the city 7 years ago.

Oddly enough, I think our best prospect at the moment is an older couple. They were looking for a small 2 bedroom just to have an extra room for when one of their kids was in town, but only came in to check on my place because the rent was less than any 2 bed apartment they’ve seen this year. We have a 3br
The admin by the front desk used to let all of us young moochers know when they ordered Lagrassas because there would be a ton of leftovers we could all grab at 1pm. Usually it was J Pace which is meh but the Lagrassas days were amazing.

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Hahaha I wish. He runs the dining program at Harvard Law School. He works occasional nights and weekends for big events, but it's a handful over the course of the year. When he started he worked Saturdays and pretty much all holidays. When he moved up the chain enough to be M-F it was strange because I was so used to having Saturdays to myself. He's been with Harvard Dining Services since 2006, he's eligible to retire from Harvard in 7 more years so we're trying to hold out for that at least so we don't have to worry about benefits for the rest of our lives. Their pay is meh but their benefits are outstanding. Much more flexibility for both of us after that!
Colleges have amazing benefits. I almost took a job at Colby College and they would pay $33k per year for your kid to go to college somewhere else.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Colleges have amazing benefits. I almost took a job at Colby College and they would pay $33k per year for your kid to go to college somewhere else.

Sure does. My mom has worked at Harvard Health Services since she was 17, she's been there for FOURTY EIGHT YEARS.

I've been suckling on Harvard's teet my entire life :laugh:. Minus the years between college and when we got married, I've always been on Harvard's benefits. They're just significantly better than most company benefits and the cost share is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad