OT - NO POLITICS Memorial Day & Here Comes Summah edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Holidays begin in a few hours, 2 weeks off , boss has me into her office for my end of first year evaluation, haven`t had so much as a 5 minute one on one to get a feel for how she feels I`m doing, where I need improvement or areas she`s happy with.

20 minutes of her telling me all the areas she`s disappointed in and where she expects improvement moving forward. Said she expected so much more from a Senior HR Advisor, didn`t answer me when I asked why she never spoke to me the previous 12 months I`ve been here about things and she quickly changes the subject.

Came back to my office, exhaled for a few minutes then sent her an email with a half dozen email`s attached that I have sent her over the course of the year asking if we could have a quick chat about the work I`m doing, always the same, "yes, I`ll set something up soon"

She literally just left for her long weekend, didn`t respond to the email nor say goodbye, just said I will be under a Performance Improvement Plan when I return.....sure feels like a super way to start a vacation.
What a bitch, it sounds like she needs a performance review.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
oh my friend, if I told you I have dug in and gone back to work I`d be lying, literally started hitting the job boards once back in my office :) Too bad, work for a great organization who do amazing things for the most vulnerable members of our community.

I`ve held management positions for years, always had progress and performance meetings with staff to help identify areas we can work on, where they are doing well etc...
Good for you, Andrew. And sorry to hear this. My two thoughts:
1. Your manager is never going to improve.
2. A PIP stands for "we're planning on exiting you in the next two months" (I know the letters don't match up, but that's been my experience from the other side of things).

You deserve much better.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Your manager shouldn't be a manager.

I'd put something on her calendar for her first day back and send an email cc'ing her boss and bcc'ing your personal email recapping your meeting and asking for concrete examples of what you need improvement on.

If she can't do this, then she has no business putting you on a PIP. I sure the hell wouldn't sign anything.

I hate to say it but you should probably polish your resume and start networking as she's likely trying to push you out.
agreed with all and have already begun the resume refresher which sucks, I love my colleagues here, and I never really had much issues with my boss but it`s only because she`s one of those office hiders, never present with the staff

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
oh my friend, if I told you I have dug in and gone back to work I`d be lying, literally started hitting the job boards once back in my office :) Too bad, work for a great organization who do amazing things for the most vulnerable members of our community.

I`ve held management positions for years, always had progress and performance meetings with staff to help identify areas we can work on, where they are doing well etc...
Leave it here and go enjoy your vacation

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
great advice, thanks

However, anyone here living in BC looking for an HR guy......:D
Of course the worse vice is advice

If you think Karen Read is guilty, you haven't watched the entire trial. There is no evidence to support that she hit him with a car. No evidence to support his injuries were from a car. I trust science. And the science doesn't match. I trust the experts when they say, no these injuries did not come from a suv.

They want you to believe she backed up and hit him and he did a pirouette in the air (the commonwealth's words, not mine), and fell on the cocktail glass.

When your own medical examiner tells you they can't say with 100% certainty that the car caused his injuries because it's inconsistent with hit by a car injuries you've seen in your many years of doing your job, then that's a problem.

The Feds are involved for a reason.

Also connected to the Sandra Birchmore now officially deemed a HOMICIDE after saying it was a suicide. Something stinks up in Canton and Stoughton. And I can't wait for these predators to be exposed.

Justice for Sandra.
Justice for John.
Karen is innocent.
Amazing how a piece of hair can stick to a car days later in winter at 60 moh

Reactions: Mione134

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Finally got my dash cam installed in my car. Well, actually just the front camera. Running the wiring for the rear camera will take a little longer so we decided to do that another day.

It's a bit of a weird setup but I'll get used to it. I'm just glad to have it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It is goofy time at Hampton Beach

This happens every year

1719643838184.png

1719643695521.png

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Gymnastics is so cruel

Olympic Trials are this weekend and 3 of the girls, who all had a legit chance to make the team, got injured. 2 Achilles and one likely ACL injury. I hope someone sages the arena for tomorrow.

Biggest story is that reigning all around champion Suni Lee is in 3rd place after missing 2 years due to not one but two kidney diseases. She's an absolute warrior.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Gymnastics is so cruel

Olympic Trials are this weekend and 3 of the girls, who all had a legit chance to make the team, got injured. 2 Achilles and one likely ACL injury. I hope someone sages the arena for tomorrow.

Biggest story is that reigning all around champion Suni Lee is in 3rd place after missing 2 years due to not one but two kidney diseases. She's an absolute warrior.
It is brutal. My best friend was a provincial champion gymnast and she had a couple of terrible injuries which caused her to miss being on the Olympic team.

• Wow
Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
A bright spot is Stoughton, MA native Frederick Richard clinching the automatic Olympic spot for the Men’s Gymnastic team. He has a legitimate shot at multiple medals.

Stephen Nederosick from Worcester may make the team so MA is going to be well represented.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes