Confirmed with Link: Utah extends D Sean Durzi to 4-year contract ($6 Million AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Apparently, Durzi is switching to forward? :laugh:

Attachments

• IMG_8677.png
    IMG_8677.png
    260.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Kaizen and MIGs Dog

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Honestly this is not necessarily someone I wanted long term. A 6 x 6.5m could look ugly by year 4. We've seen players like Gostisbehere go from being hailed as the second coming of Bobby Orr by Philly fans to the team trading him with a 2nd to dump him. You almost don't have to worry about Durzi at this price in these years, and what else are we using the cap on anyways?

Plus the cap will keep going up and we have a real owner.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Honestly this is not necessarily someone I wanted long term. A 6 x 6.5m could look ugly by year 4. We've seen players like Gostisbehere go from being hailed as the second coming of Bobby Orr by Philly fans to the team trading him with a 2nd to dump him. You almost don't have to worry about Durzi at this price in these years, and what else are we using the cap on anyways?

Yep. I agree. Plus, we have to dump him sometime in the next 3 years because he wears Daniil But’s number. (Sarcasm)

Reactions: Grimes

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Why didn't you want him long term? He's 25 yrs. old. This is the time you want a player long term. He is also getting help with Sergachev coming onboard.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
A touch confused by how many think Durzi deal is an overpay. Does anyone have an example of a defenseman near his age, signed recently and near his production at $4-5m?
  • Sean Durzi 25 years old 41p 4x$6m
  • Vince Dunn 27 46p 4x$7.35
  • Travis Sanheim 27 44p 8x$6.25m
  • Jacob Chychrun 25 41p ? He will get at least $6m+ on his next deal no?

Reactions: Jakey53

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
A touch confused by how many think Durzi deal is an overpay. Does anyone have an example of a defenseman near his age, signed recently and near his production at $4-5m?
  • Sean Durzi 25 years old 41p 4x$6m
  • Vince Dunn 27 46p 4x$7.35
  • Travis Sanheim 27 44p 8x$6.25m
  • Jacob Chychrun 25 41p ? He will get at least $6m+ on his next deal no?
Chychrun isn't pulling $6m/year on his next deal. For what Durzi is and what he provides, 4x$4.5 is more what I think he's worth, but that's what agents are for, I guess. Durzi and I have very different jobs, but if his agent us available during my next contract negotiation, I'll gladly pay him 10% if he can do for me what he just did for Durzi.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Chychrun isn't pulling $6m/year on his next deal. For what Durzi is and what he provides, 4x$4.5 is more what I think he's worth, but that's what agents are for, I guess. Durzi and I have very different jobs, but if his agent us available during my next contract negotiation, I'll gladly pay him 10% if he can do for me what he just did for Durzi.
The Caps just gave Roy $5.5 for 6 years. Chychrun will not be getting less than him to extend and will certainly get $6 if he goes UFA. With all respect to everyone's opinions, I perceive yall are stuck in the flat cap era for contract valuations.

Edit: Also, it looks like Chychrun is already making $7, $6 for base and $1 for signing bonus. It is only cap that is $4.6.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2