GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I'm not thrilled with Dumba either but he is probably better than Suter. Not sure how the lines will shake out, but we played Suter with Miro for about half the year before Harley stepped up. I do think Miro - Dumba will be a better pair than Suter - Miro if the plan is to get Miro on his strong side.

I'm perfectly fine with Lyubushkin. If we had missed out on Tanev or another top 4 D at the trade deadline last year I think we would have made a trade for him instead.

I think these two signings bring some extra physicality and shot blocking over Suter and Hakenpaa and coming out of last years playoffs i think those were some areas Nill wanted to address.

I'm not sure if theres another big name right handed D at the deadline this year to make another move like the Tanev trade but we should be in a similar position again this year to look at something similar.
It’s the term and money that’s a problem.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Why is Pavs still on there lol

Tarasenko would be a solid fit to replace Pavs, and then you could slide Bourque down to the 4th line to ease him into the NHL, and when/if injuries hit he can move up. Steel, Bourque and Daddy Mac would be a skilled 4th line.

Tarasenko would have to take a pay cut though.

Nill was interested in Carrier, so I wonder if he's looking for a physical 4th forward, but there isn't much left in FA besides Clutterbuck and Martin, please no to both

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Why is Pavs still on there lol

Tarasenko would be a solid fit to replace Pavs, and then you could slide Bourque down to the 4th line to ease him into the NHL, and when/if injuries hit he can move up. Steel, Bourque and Daddy Mac would be a skilled 4th line.

Tarasenko would have to take a pay cut though.

Nill was interested in Carrier, so I wonder if he's looking for a physical 4th forward, but there isn't much left in FA besides Clutterbuck and Martin, please no to both
By god that is Cousins music

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
I liked Blackwell a lot when he was a NYR, haven't followed him since. He was a real good bottom 6 player with some scoring here and there. Good signing.

Reactions: Dallasman

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
"I reached out to a handful of NHL scouts about the deals,...
Another simply asked, “Why would they buy out Suter if that was how they were going to use the roster and cap space?”

That about sums it up.
Why is divorce so expensive? Because it’s worth it.

With Pavelski gone, they were finally able to fire his best friend.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
wtf, this would've been perfect. And it's right up Nill's alley too, poaching a freshly bought-out veteran from a division rival.

Apparently Schmidt wanted to go to Florida and passed on better offers. He wanted to play for Maurice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad