GDT: Jimmy Hayes Plays - New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers 7PM MSG+, MSG2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
"Making sweeping generalizations after horrendously bad and ridiculously good games" -- HFBoards always
Agreed.

Coaching is good! Zajac has been solid, Greene has been solid, Hynes deserves a 3 year extension! Oh and Kinkaid has been good this season and if the defense wasn't so bad, he would have a save percentage quite a bit over .890! Only Zacha sucks! And Severson too!

Reactions: AfroThunder396

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
And everyone is going to blame Severson on that turnover...and he absolutely deserves blame

But that pass from Vatanen was ill advised and really but Severson in a very bad spot.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
This was a really bad weekend for us. Hopefully we turn it around the next game and don't go into a downward spiral.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
You gotta say Severson scoring a goal and then a few minutes later turning over the puck on the powerplay to lead to a breakaway is literally the short summary of his entire career in the NHL.

It really is, kid just makes bonehead errors at the worst times coupled with some good plays around it

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Right there. Both Vatanen AND Moore chased the puck to the corner and left a guy in the slot WIDE open

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Seriously, **** Zajac right now. He's been a strong negative. These are the worst 12 games I've ever seen him play. Even when he wasn't scoring in 14-15, he was playing a hell of a lot better than this. He looks closer to 15-16 Ruutu right this season. Scary enough, he's only about 1.5 years younger than Ruutu....
absolutely his play overall is crap and if he is anything but stellar in the other areas what good is he?

Reactions: Bleedred

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
I'd give him some time. Early returns aren't great but then again who has looked good on the backend lately?

Agreed, it wasn't like Henrique was doing anything anyway. He only produced in the first week of the season, 3 on 3, and the random game he was placed on the 4th line. Otherwise, he was invisible.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Devils clearly make an emphasis on getting high quality chances though.

Our strength is our goaltending and forwards. When we're playing well, we get outshot but we're controlling the game. Our shots are far more dangerous than the opponents.

At the same time, when it goes bad, it goes really bad. That's the nature of a weak defensive group that can't control the game well.
I don't think our goaltending is our strength, not when we feel obligated to play Kinkaid every back to back.

Our team save percentage is probably league average or below after this game, and it's not because of Schneider....

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
I like games like these where I have the game on in the background but I'm just posting on HFboards instead.

Reactions: tr83

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
absolutely his play overall is crap and if he is anything but stellar in the other areas what good is he?
Worst relative corsi among forwards, worst relative fenwick among forwards, 1 point in 12 games. I'm sure he's a minus if you want to use that stat, seeing as how he only has 1 point in 12 games and gets a significant amount of ice time.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I like games like these where I have the game on in the background but I'm just posting on HFboards instead.

That's basically the third period for me...I lost interest at 4-1, I had limited interest to begin with with the way the team came out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They did last night too (or at least both took the same man) on the goal Zajac was crucified for.
Zajac missed two clears within 40 seconds on that PK. Last night was the worst game I've ever seen Zajac play.

Reactions: tr83

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Kinkaid hasn't been very good this year, but it does seem like he's been on the receiving end of a ridiculous amount of wacky goals.

Amen. Poor guy's had a bizarre number of fluke goals off skates etc... considering how little he plays.

Getting a puck moving defenseman like Vatanen really helps our team defense - HFBorads last week

Well, since he's been here, he's been the Devils best defenseman in toto. Either him or Lovejoy. Greene, Severson, Butcher have all had a bad stretch. Santini got pined. Moore has been, okay?

Reactions: Darkauron

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
If Zacha started a brawl right here that would be the hockey way of earning his lineup spot for the next 10 games

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This team is a joke hahahahaha. That Vatanen trade looks real good eh? And zajac? Guy is awesome. He might even go .5ppg in the ahl. How bout pavel zacha at 6 overall. He fanned on so many chances tonight it was impressive! And our -6 top line. Quite good.

It’s a tough night no doubt. Patience is tough to come by but there is no other option.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't think our goaltending is our strength, not when we feel obligated to play Kinkaid every back to back.

Our team save percentage is probably league average or below after this game, and it's not because of Schneider....

Kinkaid is a back-up goalie, nothing more. He manages to steal a few games every season and he's mediocre-to-good for the rest of the year.

I do have to say he has been on the receiving end of an absurd amount of wacky goals and he's also made quite a few ridiculous saves in each game he's been in.

Devils have played some absolute stinkers with Kinkaid in the line-up as well.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Do they even have a system or is it just attack, attack, attack?
He needs to f***ing go if they miss the playoffs this year.

That will be TWO straight years that we missed after being in the playoffs at Thanksgiving. Don't something like 75%-78% of the teams in a playoff spot at Thanksgiving wind up making the playoffs? And we might miss after doing that two years in a row.

Not to mention that his system sucks, if even existent at all, we get outshot badly every year he's been there. When the shots for go up, our shots against go up as well. I'm already waiting for him to go back into conservative mode after these last two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad