GDT: Jimmy Hayes Plays - New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers 7PM MSG+, MSG2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This game is also top notch material for all the ''The Rangers are a strong team! They're so good! Look how badly they roasted us!'' people.

Meanwhile, there's many nights the Rangers look exactly like we do tonight.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we do miss the playoffs, that game last night might be this year's Anaheim game from last year. Up 2-0, blow the lead and lose.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Playoffs looking 50/50 now.

I'm sticking to my belief the Devils arent a playoff team, and they've been as lucky this season as Lundqvist has been tonight.

That said, I dont even care. There's been fantastic progress this season, and the youngsters are getting experience and learning. The future is bright IMHO.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I'm sticking to my belief the Devils arent a playoff team, and they've been as lucky this season as Lundqvist has been tonight.

That said, I dont even care. There's been fantastic progress this season, and the youngsters are getting experience and learning. The future is bright IMHO.

Would agree with this.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
This game is also top notch material for all the ''The Rangers are a strong team! They're so good! Look how badly they roasted us!'' people.

Meanwhile, there's many nights the Rangers look exactly like we do tonight.

It's an 82 game season. You'd be a fool if you expect a team to play like the Rangers did tonight or the Devils did in Columbus.

When it comes down to it, the teams that make the playoffs are the ones that have either super star talent that steals games or teams that can get enough contribution throughout the season from the entire team to win games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes, they have given up a ton of chances. Which also speaks to the system and coaching as well. That is kind on my bigger picture point
I mean, is it ALL on coaching? Certainly not. But Hynes knows exactly how he wants to play and this low shot/opportunistic/play not to lose/defend type game is exactly how he wants to play.

Carlyle plays like this too, he's been doing it for years. And when he has a healthy roster on the Ducks, they win games. Patrick Roy coached like this with the Avalanche too and it led to the playoffs in his first year. After that? All downhill.

I firmly believe if we do make the playoffs this year, it will be unsustainable.

You have to blame coaching on some of this, you just have to. You can't absolve the coaching of all blame here.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
I think with Palmieri we are a playoff team

Palmieri is kind of the "glue" of this team. He is a first liner that ultimately solidifies the lineup but without him the team is pretty exposed on their lack of offensive talent.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York

Palmieri is kind of the "glue" of this team. He is a first liner that ultimately solidifies the lineup but without him the team is pretty exposed on their lack of offensive talent.
We really need Palms back in the worst way

Reactions: Balance

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014

He's vital to our PP too

Reactions: Balance

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
He's lucky if he even manages to refer to the correct player.

Worst commentator in the league.

I agree. He messes everyone up. Thought Zacha was Noesen earlier. Messes up Hall and Butcher. Messes up Nico for god knows who quote often too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad