GDT: Jimmy Hayes Plays - New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers 7PM MSG+, MSG2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Another game where we've given up 5 in regulation

I believe that's 7 times now

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
If the top-line isn't humming we're screwed.

Really need Palms back. And Zajac getting his head out of his ass would be nice.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's an 82 game season. You'd be a fool if you expect a team to play like the Rangers did tonight or the Devils did in Columbus.

When it comes down to it, the teams that make the playoffs are the ones that have either super star talent that steals games or teams that can get enough contribution throughout the season from the entire team to win games.
We got outshot like this every night. Even when we play ''Good''.

This is at least partly to blame on coaching.

And I don't wanna trash Kinkaid, but he's allowed 2 stoppable ones tonight. You gotta think about playing Cory all 3 games next week or risk being out of a playoff spot.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Getting heavily outshot every game catches up to you. People don’t think it be like it is, but it do.
And this goes back to coaching.

It's at least PARTLY to blame for this.

There's also this misnomer that a good possession team is some grinding team, that just circles back and forth in the offensive zone and gets perimeter shots. Taylor Hall is an ELITE possession player, and that isn't his game at all. So yes, you can definitely be a good puck possession team without that boring DeBoer grinding system or what Peters is doing in Carolina.

It's even a common misinterpretation about trapping teams. The 94-04 Devils were one of the best puck possession teams in the league for that decade. They were the best in a couple of those years....

Reactions: Darkauron

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
disappointing game... last night and tonight... hall hischier and brat were a train wreck .... I'm sorry leaving players all alone in front of the net on several occasions is minor league.... rangers played well devils did not.. that being said the bounces all went to the rangers.... but the devils are officially at a critical point in the season right now... they have not looked that good since stone hands has been back... i can see why they brought in another defenseman ... he is a 3 or 4 though... our #1 greene doesn't look good this season... they need to win a few in a row after this game... they don't look good.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
IMO we are a weak team defensively that gives up a ton of chances every game but we are a very potent team offensively that can capitalize very quickly.

Ultimately, I think that makes an inconsistant team. Sometimes were gonna win a bunch of games and then theres gonna be a stretch like the one that we are going through.

Will we make the playoffs? It really cannot be forecasted.

Reactions: VaxjoDevil

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
We got outshot like this every night. Even when we play ''Good''.

This is at least partly to blame on coaching.

And I don't wanna trash Kinkaid, but he's allowed 2 stoppable ones tonight. You gotta think about playing Cory all 3 games next week or risk being out of a playoff spot.

Devils clearly make an emphasis on getting high quality chances though.

Our strength is our goaltending and forwards. When we're playing well, we get outshot but we're controlling the game. Our shots are far more dangerous than the opponents.

At the same time, when it goes bad, it goes really bad. That's the nature of a weak defensive group that can't control the game well.

Reactions: My3Sons

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Great he had one assist and was invisible to bad the rest of the game. You do with Zacha what you accuse everyone else of doing with the goalies, using one play to justify everything else.

He also had about 6 scoring chances as well haha. But what ever, you push what ever narrative you want to try and push.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
This team is a joke hahahahaha. That Vatanen trade looks real good eh? And zajac? Guy is awesome. He might even go .5ppg in the ahl. How bout pavel zacha at 6 overall. He fanned on so many chances tonight it was impressive! And our -6 top line. Quite good.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
"Getting Zajac and Boyle back from injury will really help our team defense." -HFBoards, 2017
Seriously, f*** Zajac right now. He's been a strong negative. These are the worst 12 games I've ever seen him play. Even when he wasn't scoring in 14-15, he was playing a hell of a lot better than this. He looks closer to 15-16 Ruutu right this season. Scary enough, he's only about 1.5 years younger than Ruutu....

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Great he had one assist and was invisible to bad the rest of the game. You do with Zacha what you accuse everyone else of doing with the goalies, using one play to justify everything else.
That's....not true, like even a little bit. Zacha has looked really good tonight.

I know it's easy to throw everyone under the bus after two efforts like this.

Reactions: Lateralous
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad