GDT: Jimmy Hayes Plays - New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers 7PM MSG+, MSG2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid is a back-up goalie, nothing more. He manages to steal a few games every season and he's mediocre-to-good for the rest of the year.

I do have to say he has been on the receiving end of an absurd amount of wacky goals and he's also made quite a few ridiculous saves in each game he's been in.

Devils have played some absolute stinkers with Kinkaid in the line-up as well.
He gives up a soft goal at least every game, sometimes it's two. Like tonight. Goal 1 and goal 4 were bad goals.

He's been brutal this year.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Vatanen has been incredibly mediocre for us so far and was mediocre for a year and a half in Anaheim. Henrique is a mediocre player too and we weren’t going to resign him, so it doesn’t matter too much, but I was expecting a bit more from Vatanen. I’ll give it time, but I’m not that impressed. His skating is pretty weak, just a bit better than Butcher. He can make a good first pass, but he doesn’t really move the needle for this team.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Amen. Poor guy's had a bizarre number of fluke goals off skates etc... considering how little he plays.

Well, since he's been here, he's been the Devils best defenseman in toto. Either him or Lovejoy. Greene, Severson, Butcher have all had a bad stretch. Santini got pined. Moore has been, okay?

Kinkaid seems to have been in a lot of games where the Devils look horrendous this year too. Like I said, he seems to be on the receiving end of some wacky goals AND has made some flat out ridiculous saves on high quality chances.

Severson has been quietly solid the last few weeks. He struggles at times when he gets pinned in, but he's been far from the problem. Moore is in the same boat.

Butcher gets exposed as well, but he does a good job of mitigating chances. Even when he does get beat, he never gets beat completely. He usually always closes down an option and makes it easier on the goalie.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I fell into a burning ring of fire, I went down, down, down and the flames went higher. And it burns, burns, burns, The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He gives up a soft goal at least every game, sometimes it's two. Like tonight. Goal 1 and goal 4 were bad goals.

He's been brutal this year.

He also robbed Nash on a 2-on-1. Robbed Grabner in the slot wide open. Made way too many saves on one-timers in the slot by Buchnevich.

It goes both ways. This was an awful game by the Devils defensively and although he let in some weak goals, the Devils didn't do him any favors either.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Offense was clipped when Palms went down and Zajac came in. Team has to score goals to win like they did in the beginning.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Vatanen has been incredibly mediocre for us so far and was mediocre for a year and a half in Anaheim. Henrique is a mediocre player too and we weren’t going to resign him, so it doesn’t matter too much, but I was expecting a bit more from Vatanen. I’ll give it time, but I’m not that impressed. His skating is pretty weak, just a bit better than Butcher. He can make a good first pass, but he doesn’t really move the needle for this team.

Change of scenery for both guys could be a good thing. It'll take time.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I hate saying this about Trav but he's the square peg in the round hole on this team. Yes he's coming off an injury that he was supposed to be out until January for but he's just not looking like he fits on this team. Kills me to say that but it's pretty clear from watching him.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinkaid seems to have been in a lot of games where the Devils look horrendous this year too. Like I said, he seems to be on the receiving end of some wacky goals AND has made some flat out ridiculous saves on high quality chances.

Severson has been quietly solid the last few weeks. He struggles at times when he gets pinned in, but he's been far from the problem. Moore is in the same boat.

Butcher gets exposed as well, but he does a good job of mitigating chances. Even when he does get beat, he never gets beat completely. He usually always closes down an option and makes it easier on the goalie.
Then why doesn't Hynes play Butcher more? Because Hynes sucks.

I don't ever wanna read how this coach is so good, he's worth 5 points in the standings or whatever someone tried to argue in the past.

He's worth 5 less points, if anything.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just gotta think why do you disrupt the locker room to such a degree when things are going so well....

For a right handed Dman when you have Severson, Santini, Butcher, Lovejoy and Prout who can all play the Right side. It was and is a very questionable trade.

Reactions: guitarguyvic

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Three years with this coaching staff and I still can’t figure out what the f*** they are doing from a defensive strategy standpoint.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Then why doesn't Hynes play Butcher more? Because Hynes sucks.

I don't ever wanna read how this coach is so good, he's worth 5 points in the standings or whatever someone tried to argue in the past.

He's worth 5 less points, if anything.

Butcher will get exposed if he plays more. He's already starting to get exposed as the Devils are trying to spread the tough minutes away from only Greene.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
It happens. Team is young and still isn’t anywhere near complete. Coming down can suck but it’s to be expected with this team. And I’m sure they’ll be able to string some solid games together again. Rough weekend for sure but just gotta think big picture after games like these.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate saying this about Trav but he's the square peg in the round hole on this team. Yes he's coming off an injury that he was supposed to be out until January for but he's just not looking like he fits on this team. Kills me to say that but it's pretty clear from watching him.
He's been terrible. He looks cooked.

Maybe he needs to be shutdown for a little while, like he was the last year he had an injury in the offseason. He came back for 2 weeks, then left.

He looks very bad, and deserves all the criticism he gets. @Jets012 can you give us a crash course on Zajac's possession numbers this year? Coming into this game, he had the worst relative corsi and the worst relative fenwick among all forwards on the team.That's a troubling stat, as he's been very strong in that area throughout his entire career. Even the years when he wasn't scoring a lot.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I just gotta think why do you disrupt the locker room to such a degree when things are going so well....

For a right handed Dman when you have Severson, Santini, Butcher, Lovejoy and Prout who can all play the Right side. It was and is a very questionable trade.

I don't like the timing of the trade, but I don't think this is a trade that pays off right now. It's going to be one that pays off later on. I'd like to think Shero has a good grasp on the market for defenseman given his trade history and realized this was probably the best option he would get for Henrique.

Vatanen had shoulder surgery in the off-season as well, so it remains to be seen how much that is impacting his play. Hell just look how bad Zajac looks after he had to recover from his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad