Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Thank you gentlemen for the replies. Sounds like he'd be an upgrade over Jovo or Weaver on the 3rd pairing so I'd take him.

-ghoste

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
What does everyone think of the Kane to Chicago rumor? Would Saad, Teravainen and a 1st do it for you?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
What does everyone think of the Kane to Chicago rumor? Would Saad, Teravainen and a 1st do it for you?

The only way I am moving Kane if he requests a move and someone overpays and even then I am moving him to the East so I see him only 2 times a year.

I would want Clendening in the packagae from Chicago.

Something like Saad,Teravainen,Clendening,1st 2014,2nd 2015 for Kane, Mid level prospect, 4th 2014

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

Well that would put the Blackhawks about $3.5MM over the cap so not sure how they would free up that much cap space.

Maybe they'd throw in Oduya and bring up an AHLer on NHL minimum to make it work.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne

Haven't heard this rumor. Heard Ladd to Chicago, but nothing about Kane.

I don't think there is any chance Chicago would offer both Saad and Teravainen in any such deal. Because they're on ELCs they are incredibly valuable to the Blackhawks. Given their situation one more ELC season of Saad and potentially two of Teravainen filling the 2nd line center position is worth far more to them than Kane.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
If we signed that guy we would likely trade burmi unless one of them plays well on the wing. It's never a bad thing having four legit top 9 centers.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
Hawks have Sharp, Saad, and Bickell at LW in top 9, but definitely need a 2C long-term and org is very high on Teravainen. There is also the cap issue (most of the room was already spent on Versteeg), not to mention that Bowman's approach so far has not included making splashy trades. As a Hawk fan I just don't see two Kanes in Chicago.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yes. He said that if there is an injury at forward the coach has said that Burmi is at the top of the list to be added to the team.

Might be on the list, but looks like he wasn't at the top. Semin was just named as an injury replacement to Igor Soin. Unfortunate, would have really liked to see Burmi there.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Might be on the list, but looks like he wasn't at the top. Semin was just named as an injury replacement to Igor Soin. Unfortunate, would have really liked to see Burmi there.

I'm not sure of that guy's credibility. He said Burmi played in Kazan during the lockout which was not true either.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
If we could grab Nikitin, bring back Burmistrov and sign that other Russian that would make a lot of us happy. Every year the coach has been handed a team with at least two gaping holes that I think could have been addressed better.

We're in our third year, and we still have 8 top 9 forwards (7 without Buff), 3 top 4 defensemen. Burmistrov could make 9 and Nikitin could make 4. We can afford it for sure with our expiring UFA contracts. We might have to overpay both but it's just as good as what will be out there in UFA pretty much..

Good teams have more than that often in case of injuries but our team is not even thinking about that yet lol...Hopefuly slow and steady wins the race.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
In spite of the rollercoaster being way up high right now I just want to go on record that I still think we should be moving guys at the deadline/off-season. It's nice to think that we'll make the playoffs but I still don't really see it happening. I'd also question whether moving two of the four (Seto/Stuart) below would really impact us anyway, even if we are in a playoff hunt.

Seto needs to go and we hopefully can get back that 2nd rounder this year. Need to see him pull up his socks a bit yet, but I'm guessing GMs still see something in this guy.

Move Olli out at the deadline for picks, possibly a 2nd and 3rd as he's played well this year. Would like to see the Jets re-sign him for third line money in the off-season and indicate as much to Olli so he can leave his family in place in the city.

Move Stuart for pick(s). For the love of all things holy, I don't understand why some people are such huge fans but get him out of here at the deadline please. He's a great character guy no question but too much of a defensive liability. 2nd/3rd? Pick and a prospect? Yes please.

Byfuglien. I love me some Buff, I really do. But he can probably return something significant (this week) since he's trending up. Sell high Chevy, sell high. Top six forward and a #4 LHD? Can't say no to that.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Think we could nick Harrington or Despres for Seto and Redmond or Postma. It would give Pittsburg a scoring winger and fix both of our LD/RD inbalance.

Buff+ for Tanev/Horvat would be a nice move too.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
The thinner the UFA crop gets every year, draft picks are going to become valued higher and higher. I know there's still some overpayments by contenders filling out depth, but I'm not sure we'll be getting a 2nd rounder back for any of our players besides Buff who'd commas more than that.

Sure it's great to say trade Jokinen for a 2nd + 3rd, but I'm not sure if there's a team in the NHL that needs Olli that bad. If I was a team I'm not sure I'd want to give up anything for him.

Stuart is probably on his last deal with the team, other teams know this. Douglas Murray got two 2nds last year but again, awful trade. Teams do tend to pay more for physical/character players than lesser skill guys but who knows.

I have no proof but I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Hainsey wasn't traded last year.

Setoguchi if we are lucky could fetch a 2nd back. Some teams are looking hard for wingers so we could luck out.

Time will tell how the prices shake down, but lets get what we can for these guys and look towards next year.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
The thinner the UFA crop gets every year, draft picks are going to become valued higher and higher. I know there's still some overpayments by contenders filling out depth, but I'm not sure we'll be getting a 2nd rounder back for any of our players besides Buff who'd commas more than that.

Sure it's great to say trade Jokinen for a 2nd + 3rd, but I'm not sure if there's a team in the NHL that needs Olli that bad. If I was a team I'm not sure I'd want to give up anything for him.

Stuart is probably on his last deal with the team, other teams know this. Douglas Murray got two 2nds last year but again, awful trade. Teams do tend to pay more for physical/character players than lesser skill guys but who knows.

I have no proof but I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Hainsey wasn't traded last year.

Setoguchi if we are lucky could fetch a 2nd back. Some teams are looking hard for wingers so we could luck out.

Time will tell how the prices shake down, but lets get what we can for these guys and look towards next year.

The value of draft picks is way less to a contender than to a team like us. Every year players of Jokinen's calibre are traded for more than a 2nd rounder such as Brendan Morrow getting a top prospect back. For example if I'm Vancouver I'd easily give up a 2nd rounder to acquire Jokinen's services as a 3rd line Center (and as an insurance in case one of Sedin or Kessler goes down in time for the playoffs) to make a cup run before their window closes with the Sedins getting older. I think Jokinen would get us a decent return (atleast a second rounder) if he's made available by Chevy. It doesn't look like there are many teams looking to be active "sellers" at the deadline, that increases Jokinen's value. I just hope that Chevy doesn't fall into the trap of making an outside run at the playoffs and not getting any assets for players that are not in our long term plans

I don't have any proof either but I'm willing to bet Hainsey wasn't traded because Chevy wanted to make a run at sneaking into the playoffs. Lesser defenseman have been traded at the deadline. A solid piece like Hainsey could have brought solid value to a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad