Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Think we could nick Harrington or Despres for Seto and Redmond or Postma. It would give Pittsburg a scoring winger and fix both of our LD/RD inbalance.

Buff+ for Tanev/Horvat would be a nice move too.

Not Harrington, maybe Despres

Sixty Minute Man

Apr 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Mb
Would love to get Despres for Seto + or Jokinen +. How sweet would that be? Would we want to lose Postma or Redmond? Especially if Buff gets moved. What's a realistic deal? I really like Despres, I think he'd be a great fit.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Would love to get Despres for Seto + or Jokinen +. How sweet would that be? Would we want to lose Postma or Redmond? Especially if Buff gets moved. What's a realistic deal? I really like Despres, I think he'd be a great fit.

Around a year ago I'd have easily said lose Postma, but that was before Redmond's leg injury and he was coming around quite nicely. I'm not sure at this point though I'm still inclined to retain Redmond in hopes that he can continue that progress.

Whichever moves in that trade, get picks in the other (Seto or Olli) so we get our 2nd back this year and hopefully more.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
would you trade Chris Thorburn in a one for one trade for Dale Weise, Weise is a RFA and Winnipeg native while Thorburn is a UFA at the end of the year

i wouldn't. both players are a dime a dozen but what does it say about our team if we just trade people in meaningless deals when their family is esablished. Don't think we'll be in the habit of trading people unless it moves us in a certain direction, no lateral moves.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Can we not wait until the deadline? How about a conditional pick (2nd if he re-signs, 3rd if he doesn't) plus Klesla (for salary purposes), right now?

Someone from Phoenix wants Stu this bad - jeez Chevy get on to it:laugh:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
With the Flyers stinking it up again, I wonder if the Buff rumours spark up again.

Braydon and Brayden for Buff and Burmi.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Yep, that stuff generally comes and bites you in the butt, especially when you are talking about someone like Byfuglien. You have to admit he hasn't contributed a whole lot lately outside of that goal.

I am really torn on Buff right now. Do you keep him at F and away from a defense that seems to be playing a lot better as a group since he was moved up (outside of the occasional Pardy/ Ellerby adventure)? Or do you get him back there, doing his thing again, producing but giving up a lot as well. That 3rd line as it stands is pretty putrid. I would like to see Seto scratched that's for sure.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Yep, that stuff generally comes and bites you in the butt, especially when you are talking about someone like Byfuglien. You have to admit he hasn't contributed a whole lot lately outside of that goal.

As he said on HNIC, it takes time to make an adjustment like this. Very few players ever do what he's being asked to do.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I really think trading Kane would be a huge mistake. We would need a massive overpayment for me to be happy trading him.

Him and scheifele = money

I don't think Chevy is actually thinking about trading Kane. It has always been Media bringing it up, nobody ever said something about trading Kane from our Management. No way they trade him unless someone overpays big. I don't see Ladd moved either.

The article isn't really that useful actually, IMO. It's just a bunch of media rumours put together to one text.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I don't see the Jets trading either Kane or Ladd. They are our two top LW, and we have no depth behind them. Kane is on a good contract and has a lot of upside. His play this season has become more sophisticated and I like the combo with Scheifele.

Buff is the most likely due to contract length and the Jets' depth on RD. To me, he doesn't really fit as a 3rd line forward. My only concern is trading Buff without seeing him in the playoffs. He is one of those rare players that could take over a playoff series or run. I would only want to see him traded if the return is substantial.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't see the Jets trading either Kane or Ladd. They are our two top LW, and we have no depth behind them. Kane is on a good contract and has a lot of upside. His play this season has become more sophisticated and I like the combo with Scheifele.

Buff is the most likely due to contract length and the Jets' depth on RD. To me, he doesn't really fit as a 3rd line forward. My only concern is trading Buff without seeing him in the playoffs. He is one of those rare players that could take over a playoff series or run. I would only want to see him traded if the return is substantial.

And if Pavelec is having a good week he could dominate a playoff series too. I'm not worried about missing that.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

If we're getting a NHL player back, why not? Those guys are both borderline, even if Postma develops he's going to be a defensive liability with strong offensive skills, not really a good fit considering who's ahead of him at RHD. Redmond projects as a little better fit, but still probably nothing more than a bottom-pairing guy if he develops.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
My guess would be Buff is moved at the trade deadline.

Get a bidding war going with teams like Washington, Philly and NY Rangers. Teams (and their GMs who want to keep their jobs) looking desperately to get that final piece to make a playoff push may overpay to get an impact player like Buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad