Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
What five teams do you guys think would be on Buffs list?

Is Cap availability for the trading team a factor for those lists? Like "We know you'd like to go to Pittsburgh but there is no way they can fit you under the cap". Does anybody know?

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Is Cap availability for the trading team a factor for those lists? Like "We know you'd like to go to Pittsburgh but there is no way they can fit you under the cap". Does anybody know?

Maybe the Jets are playing him at F to get him to waive his NTC? :sarcasm:

Sixty Minute Man

Apr 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Mb
If we're getting a NHL player back, why not? Those guys are both borderline, even if Postma develops he's going to be a defensive liability with strong offensive skills, not really a good fit considering who's ahead of him at RHD. Redmond projects as a little better fit, but still probably nothing more than a bottom-pairing guy if he develops.

I'm inclined to agree for the most part, but I'm not convinced Postma will be a defensive liability. I think he just needs more games, more minutes. As does Redmond. I believe the team has been trying to evaluate them, and choose which to keep. The problem is neither seem to have any luck and have been out with serious injuries every time they get a chance. That said, getting Despres would be worth losing either.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

I suspect if traded he would want to avoid another Canadian team

Edmonton
Calgary
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

Wouldn't it be funny if he ended up Luongo's team mate?

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I suspect if traded he would want to avoid another Canadian team

Edmonton
Calgary
Toronto
Montreal
Ottawa

Wouldn't it be funny if he ended up Luongo's team mate?

I dunno - he's a guy from Roseau, MN. I don't think he'd avoid a Canadian team just to avoid the media attention.

I'd guess he'd want to stay away from sad-sack franchises, so I'm going to guess:

Edmonton
Buffalo
Columbus
Calgary
NYI

FLorida is also a pretty pathetic franchise, but everyone seems happy to play there.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
He submits his list at the start of the season so it's already locked in.

Wpgpage

Nov 25, 2010
If the team is thinking of moving Buff they should keep Postma around. He can slide into Buffs spot on the #1 PP at least until Trouba proves he is ready to take that roll.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If you guys cheered for another team what would you give for buff?

That really depends on what team I cheered for and what our needs are. You know Chevy will be looking for a young talented active roster players a an A level prospect at a minimum.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
That really depends on what team I cheered for and what our needs are. You know Chevy will be looking for a young talented active roster players a an A level prospect at a minimum.

The unreliable source of eklund says the habs are looking what would you give if you were the habs?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The unreliable source of eklund says the habs are looking what would you give if you were the habs?

I am not sure I would need to take a hard look at your roster. You guys already have a dynamic offensive talent on defense why are you interested in Buff?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I was thinking eller too but he's a big centerman (shortage in montreal) and I can't see them getting rid of Gallagher.

Its why deals are so hard to get done in the NHL. That and the cap space of coarse.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I dunno - he's a guy from Roseau, MN. I don't think he'd avoid a Canadian team just to avoid the media attention.

I'd guess he'd want to stay away from sad-sack franchises, so I'm going to guess:

Edmonton
Buffalo
Columbus
Calgary
NYI

FLorida is also a pretty pathetic franchise, but everyone seems happy to play there.

It seems obvious why he has this sort of NTC deal starting in 2012-13. For the last few years of his contract (before UFA), he wants to stay away from a franchise that might sink his value as he gears up for his last big contract at age 30.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I was thinking eller too but he's a big centerman (shortage in montreal) and I can't see them getting rid of Gallagher.

Yeah, it would probably take Eller and one of McCarron, De La Rose or Tinordi, but like you said, Eller is Montreal's only big center so that makes it a tough call. Guess it really depends how much Bergevin likes Buff.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
So what kind of picks could we get for Stu?

I would have to think we would do no worse than we did for Oduya so a 2nd and a 3rd?

I actually liked Oduya a little more than I like Stuart (pizzas not withstanding). But I think there's more interest out there in Stuart than there was for Oduya as well. Plus last night's game won't hurt Stuart's appearances and he wasn't awful against Toronto on the national stage either.

So what if we got a 2014 2nd and a 2015 2nd? A little better return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad