Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't know if there's a place for Jokinen if Burmistrov returns. Jokinen is obviously better but Burminis young an has potential.

But I suppose that's a decision that would've made in the summer anyways.

Burmi CAN play wing.
We also don't know that Burmi is coming back.
Whats the saying a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Burmi CAN play wing.
We also don't know that Burmi is coming back.
Whats the saying a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

But what about a Burmi in hand?

Also,

If Burmi came back with a more effective game, we'd have one good looking group of young guys between him schief, trouba, and kane out there all making big impacts on the game.

jetkarma*

I don't know if there's a place for Jokinen if Burmistrov returns. Jokinen is obviously better but Burminis young an has potential.

But I suppose that's a decision that would've made in the summer anyways.

There's a place for Burmistrov IF he returns , he can easily slide to a wing. So could Little for that matter , there are legitimate options.

Jets can't lose UFA's that have value for nothing . I don't think it is cut and dried and I hope the Jets plans/thoughts are to trade at least 2 , we'll see if they do and which ones they are.

We could do worse than having Jokinen be our 3C at a fair rate , bridge another year or two until we have his spot filled by one of the prospects, which will happen :)

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Joki 31 points in 48 games. His good play is getting me pretty excited for his trade value. If he keeps this up perhaps we might even get a 1st rounder for him? I just hope Chevy still has the balls to trade him even after his good play as of late

I agree. Regardless of how well he's playing, they should be shopping him. He'd be a very good pick up for any contender.

Sell him on an opportunity for the Cup and welcome him back in July if he really likes it in Winnipeg.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I agree. Regardless of how well he's playing, they should be shopping him. He'd be a very good pick up for any contender.

Sell him on an opportunity for the Cup and welcome him back in July if he really likes it in Winnipeg.

I agree. 17 pts in the last 21 games. Heck he didn't have 17 points all of last season. A lot of speculation from insiders about teams he could be going to.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There's a place for Burmistrov IF he returns , he can easily slide to a wing. So could Little for that matter , there are legitimate options.

Jets can't lose UFA's that have value for nothing . I don't think it is cut and dried and I hope the Jets plans/thoughts are to trade at least 2 , we'll see if they do and which ones they are.

We could do worse than having Jokinen be our 3C at a fair rate , bridge another year or two until we have his spot filled by one of the prospects, which will happen :)

Yup. Would anyone complain about a Burmie -Olli - Seto or equivalent line.

jetkarma*

Has O'Dell done enough to be penciled in and counted on as a top 9 ?

I haven't seen that personally. We have the rest of the season so hopefully he gets sufficient playing time but still a lot of conjecture.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
1 or even 2 with a limited NTC would be perfect

Why in the hell would you want a 15g, 25-30pt 3rd line scoring winger with a NTC? That's Calgary Flame esc mismanagement.

Seto is the guy I want traded at deadline, even if Jets get back into playoff race. O'Dell can have his spot for the rest of the year and we can find a better solution in off-season. It won't make much difference for the rest of the year.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Why in the hell would you want a 15g, 25-30pt 3rd line scoring winger with a NTC? That's Calgary Flame esc mismanagement.

Seto is the guy I want traded at deadline, even if Jets get back into playoff race. O'Dell can have his spot for the rest of the year and we can find a better solution in off-season. It won't make much difference for the rest of the year.

well I said 1-2 yrs IF he wasn't traded which would be my first choice - and I chose length and type as the MOST I would offer - a 5 team NTC is barely worth mentioning as a counter for a short contract

1-2 yrs as a stop gap is hardly similar to Flames mismanagement and until he was saddled with Thor and getting buried in the Dzone he was still producing at the 3rd best rate on the Jets (he's still 4th btw) - give him a center than can push the play and isn't a shoot-first type and he could be a very effective 3rd liner IMO

if I had to keep one of Gooch and Olli it would be Gooch and not really close

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I hopped in my vehicle this morning and jumped into the middle of the illegal curve hockey show on 1290 and they were interviewing a sport corespondent from Russia and it was facinating. He discussed Burmi (only caught the end if it), Telegin, the Semin snub, the pressure of Russia to win the oly's, and issue of outisde pressure on Russia visa vie the laws around gay rights and the Olympics. It was a really cool interview and must hear.

When it is archived I will have to listen to the entire interview.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I hopped in my vehicle this morning and jumped into the middle of the illegal curve hockey show on 1290 and they were interviewing a sport corespondent from Russia and it was facinating. He discussed Burmi (only caught the end if it), Telegin, the Semin snub, the pressure of Russia to win the oly's, and issue of outisde pressure on Russia visa vie the laws around gay rights and the Olympics. It was a really cool interview and must hear.

When it is archived I will have to listen to the entire interview.

It was an interesting interview, but he said a few strange things regarding contracts, AHL vs. KHL, Burma with elite offensive skills, etc. Interesting to get another take, but I did say 'huh?' a couple times.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It was an interesting interview, but he said a few strange things regarding contracts, AHL vs. KHL, Burma with elite offensive skills, etc. Interesting to get another take, but I did say 'huh?' a couple times.

Yea I said "huh"? A few times as well

Did he say Burmi might be added to the Russian Olympic team?

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Yea I said "huh"? A few times as well

Did he say Burmi might be added to the Russian Olympic team?

Yes. He said that if there is an injury at forward the coach has said that Burmi is at the top of the list to be added to the team.

For those who missed the interview some other interesting things he mentioned: he said that when Burmi came back from Russia for the lockout season his heart was still in Russia and he doubts there was anything Noel could have done to make him stay. He also said that whether Burmi comes back depends upon if the Jets are willing to pay him, Maurice being the coach has opened the door but according to him at the end of the day AK Bars will be willing to overpay to keep Burmi there and that the Jets would have to beat their offer and overpay to get him back. He doubts that there is an NHL team willing to pay Burmi as much as he stands to make in the KHL. He said that he sees Burmi going the way of Nikita Filatov

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
But Burmistrov didn't play in Russia during the lockout. How could he come back from there when he was in St. Johns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad