Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XVIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW6

Sponsor
Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
What are you guys expecting in return for Andrew Ladd?

Would Marcus Johansson, Caps 1st and Connor Carrick/Madison Bowey be enough?

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
What are you guys expecting in return for Andrew Ladd?

Would Marcus Johansson, Caps 1st and Connor Carrick/Madison Bowey be enough?

That's an interesting return. I think Chevy is more looking for players and prospects then picks but your offer is very tempting. Throw in Eric Fehr and you got a deal :sarcasm:

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
That's an interesting return. I think Chevy is more looking for players and prospects then picks but your offer is very tempting. Throw in Eric Fehr and you got a deal :sarcasm:

If we are talking about an in season trade I can't see any team giving up players of equal value for Ladd or anyone else. That wouldn't help with a playoff push.

Trade would have to be for a player and futures. Near NHL ready players or high picks would be ideal.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I am sure there are a few. Some have peaked later.

On average, players hit it around 25 though.

I think 25 is off, I'm sure its easy enough to get the stats, but its gotta be around 28, 29. Seems like they are peaking later than they used to in the 80's for example.

Not sure if Shane Doan was mentioned (31)

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I think 25 is off, I'm sure its easy enough to get the stats, but its gotta be around 28, 29. Seems like they are peaking later than they used to in the 80's for example.

Not sure if Shane Doan was mentioned (31)

Most players are in their offensive prime from 22/23-25/26. Few score more after that.

Nationals28

Sep 21, 2011
What about Ladd + a prospect or low pick to Chicago for Teuvo Teravainen, Bickell, and a 1st round pick. Just a rumour I heard a guy at work talking about. Im not a huge Bickell fan but its a decent idea seeing as we would have to take some salary back in a deal.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
What about Ladd + a prospect or low pick to Chicago for Teuvo Teravainen, Bickell, and a 1st round pick. Just a rumour I heard a guy at work talking about. Im not a huge Bickell fan but its a decent idea seeing as we would have to take some salary back in a deal.
There is a page or two on this trade.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
At this point, what would you guys place Trouba's value at from Edmonton? I layed out a big price on the main board and some posters deffinetly didn't agree. I said 2 of the big 4 and there 1st. Mainly because I say he's untouchable and if you want him, you have to really over pay.

What would you value him at?

jetkarma*

At this point, what would you guys place Trouba's value at from Edmonton? I layed out a big price on the main board and some posters deffinetly didn't agree. I said 2 of the big 4 and there 1st. Mainly because I say he's untouchable and if you want him, you have to really over pay.

Top 4 pick plus Hall plus Eberle you mean?

Edmonton would not do that nor should they and I definitely don't want to trade Trouba.

Want the Meeechigan connection here asap.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Top 4 pick plus Hall plus Eberle you mean?

Edmonton would not do that nor should they and I definitely don't want to trade Trouba.

Want the Meeechigan connection here asap.

Yeah that's what I ment

And oh don't worry, I deffinetly don't want to trade him, just wanted to see what others value him at, at this stage of his career

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne

The problem is there is too much variation within the 'Big 4'.

I'd trade Trouba straight up for Hall in a heartbeat. There is also a good chance I'd do RNH straight up as well. Basing it around Eberle I'd want at least their 2014 1st in addition, but I'd rather not trade Trouba in any deal where Eberle is the centre piece because there is too big of a gap between their upsides. Yakupov, who knows. The guy is too difficult to assess at this point in time.

Trouba has the potential to be a Norris winner one day, but lets not kid ourselves, he has a long way to go before that is a reality. At this point in time there's really nothing to indicate Trouba is more Pietrangelo than Phaneuf.

I agree with the general sentiment that Trouba is not going to be moved for anything short of a massive overpayment, but we differ a bit on what is a massive overpayment at this time.

bazaaa*

Yeah that was kinda embarrassing.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I can see that being true in instances , but I also feel there would be many that would prefer Trouba , I do.

I would say it is fair value, but I think it makes more sense for the Jets to keep the young defensive player.

If you move JMFT you have to replace him. If you get someone younger (draft) they are going to be years away. JT fits the Jets timeline. If all goes well he will probably start taking and beating true toughs in the 2015-16. That will he right around when the next wave of youth comes.

Scheifele, Kane anf Trouba rolling into their primes.

Some of Petan, Copp, Kossy, Lippy, Lowry, this year's 1st will start pushing for ice at the same time.

Depth happens and the team gets good. Trading a vet to add to that depth, add competition and increase the odds of finding another difference maker makes a load of sense to me.

I don't see much value in trading Kane, Scheifele or JT unless the return is multi player and HUGE.

JT for one of their studs and the right to draft Reinhardt or Ekblad would be cool, but it would have to be something that features two young stud NHLers IMO.

One for one trades are about fit. Trouba fits just fine.

jetkarma*

I would say it is fair value, but I think it makes more sense for the Jets to keep the young defensive player.

If you move JMFT you have to replace him. If you get someone younger (draft) they are going to be years away. JT fits the Jets timeline. If all goes well he will probably start taking and beating true toughs in the 2015-16. That will he right around when the next wave of youth comes.

Scheifele, Kane anf Trouba rolling into their primes.

Some of Petan, Copp, Kossy, Lippy, Lowry, this year's 1st will start pushing for ice at the same time.

Depth happens and the team gets good. Trading a vet to add to that depth, add competition and increase the odds of finding another difference maker makes a load of sense to me.

I don't see much value in trading Kane, Scheifele or JT unless the return is multi player and HUGE.

JT for one of their studs and the right to draft Reinhardt or Ekblad would be cool, but it would have to be something that features two young stud NHLers IMO.

One for one trades are about fit. Trouba fits just fine.

We totally agree.

There is some good depth for at least 12 picks , we will get a very good player to get into that mix for that timeline too.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I was just looking at the UFA list and it sure would be nice to add a guy like Elliot, I wonder how much he will go for on the open market, my guess is CAL would offer up some good cash for Elliot, Halak or Hiller. The other guy that stood out is Moulson, I know our top two LW spots are locked up but Moulson is such a good player, but I think Im dreaming if we get him, he may end up in TOR. If there is a core shake up tho and Ladd or Kane go then adding Moulson would be beauty.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I was just looking at the UFA list and it sure would be nice to add a guy like Elliot, I wonder how much he will go for on the open market, my guess is CAL would offer up some good cash for Elliot, Halak or Hiller. The other guy that stood out is Moulson, I know our top two LW spots are locked up but Moulson is such a good player, but I think Im dreaming if we get him, he may end up in TOR. If there is a core shake up tho and Ladd or Kane go then adding Moulson would be beauty.

Tank master Elliott? Uh WHAT?!?!? Elliott is the LAST guy I want (outside of maybe Emery). Elliott is a TERRIBAD goaltender. Keep Montoya over that joke. Elliott was acquired by Colorado a few years ago with the express purpose to tank the season. Yeah, that bad.

Halak or Hiller I could see as reasonable acquisitions, but only as !A/1B type goalies. Neither have the durability or stamina to be true starting netminders.

Would still rather take flyers on Khudobin/Greiss type acquistions (as I stated last year) than any of the high priced "marquee" names. These are guys who have proven it at every level but have never given a chance. Give it to them, they might surprise. Worst case scenerio is that you have a proven solid backup netminder.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Tank master Elliott? Uh WHAT?!?!? Elliott is the LAST guy I want (outside of maybe Emery). Elliott is a TERRIBAD goaltender. Keep Montoya over that joke. Elliott was acquired by Colorado a few years ago with the express purpose to tank the season. Yeah, that bad.

Halak or Hiller I could see as reasonable acquisitions, but only as !A/1B type goalies. Neither have the durability or stamina to be true starting netminders.

Would still rather take flyers on Khudobin/Greiss type acquistions (as I stated last year) than any of the high priced "marquee" names. These are guys who have proven it at every level but have never given a chance. Give it to them, they might surprise. Worst case scenerio is that you have a proven solid backup netminder.

I think if you go tandem with Elliot and whoever that he would be just fine. And Khudobin would sign here if Jets gave him a real shot but if Carolina trades Ward (which I can't see) then Khudobin will resign there and battle Peters, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad