Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XIV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Why would the Canucks ever want that deal?

They want to shed a starter contract, not exchange one for another at the expense of losing a elite goalie.

Exactly.

As I see it, the Jets have two options for upgrading Pavelec:

1) Sign a cheap-ish goalie and hope he overtakes him
2) Swing a deal for an established goalie and then deal Pavelec for below his market value (which isn't very high to begin with)

Goalie for goalie trades are pretty rare to begin with, they're even more rare when an overpaid goalie like Pavelec is involved.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Wheels played plenty big enough, especially on the forecheck causing turnovers and gaining possession (pretty sure he doubled his hits from 2011-2012)

I have zero desire to see him try and become an open-ice hitter or somesuch

I'm not saying he should change his game or any of the others, I'm saying we're big enough, we need to add toughness to the lineup.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I'm hoping that Chevy does his best to sign Boyd Gordon out of Phoenix. Yeah, not a very glamourous signing, but I'd bet he'd be a fan favorite. He's excellent on face-offs, plays with speed, tenacity and is a monster on the PK. Plays a similar game to that of Gregory Campbell.

Of course I'd like to see a legit 2nd line talent added as well as a good solid L/H defensive d-man. Hopefully a few more unexpected players become available and Chevy is ready to pounce.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So there are a couple of rumours flying around about Seguin. The Stars appear to be in talks to acquire him, and the Flames are apparently looking to trade their 1st + Gaudreau.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
So there are a couple of rumours flying around about Seguin. The Stars appear to be in talks to acquire him, and the Flames are apparently looking to trade their 1st + Gaudreau.

Seguin will be that much better once he finds a system better suited to his game. I would offer our first plus Redmond plus a second rounder for him.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Has there been any word on Blake Wheeler's contract negotiations? Is he close to a deal? What kind of term and $$$ is he looking for?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
Hands off our Wheeler! ;) ;)

No word yet, as far as I know. Some good analysis and conjecture on what he might receive here:

http://illegalcurve.com/2013/05/23/winnipeg-jets-contract-week-what-is-blake-wheeler-worth/

tl;dr version: guessing 4 years at $4.75M 'ish.

Thanks. Didn't ask because I'd want him on Penguins although now that you mentioned it, he'd certainly be the ideal winger for Sid :)

Hopefully you can lock him up to a reasonable deal. I like him a lot as a player. Very good skillset. Anything under $5 million would be a big time steal for the Jets. My own guess would be a similar deal as you gave to Kane last year.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
There's a thread in the trade section with a Russian report that burmi has or will sign with ak bars kazan.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Posturing for a trade?

...or a better RFA deal.

One way or another, I hope the Burmi thing gets resolved. What a distraction. Not sure if this has bee verified or not, but if so, it's a bit of a change of heart for him, considering what he said about the KHL a couple of years ago.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
...or a better RFA deal.

One way or another, I hope the Burmi thing gets resolved. What a distraction. Not sure if this has bee verified or not, but if so, it's a bit of a change of heart for him, considering what he said about the KHL a couple of years ago.

Well I guess he didin't thought he'd still be in the dog house in his third season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad