Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
What some see as a player who was rushed into the league and regressed under a terrible coach can alternatively be viewed by others as perhaps a petulant and selfish veteran of nearly 200 games that has refused to perform as requested by his employer.
This just made my day. I'm scared to inquire what exactly the employer was asking his employee to do. Don't think to hard the answer is way more simple. Look at our organization drafted players since 2010 (the new Jet)
13 Canadiens
8 US boys
1 Swede
1 Czech

Burmistrov kinda doesn't fit into this formula. As simple as that. So you could always blame "A" and look for excuses for "B" or blame "B" and look for excuses for "A", but the answer in this case is more then clear to anybody who refuses to be blind :naughty:

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
This just made my day. I'm scared to inquire what exactly the employer was asking his employee to do. Don't think to hard the answer is way more simple. Look at our organization drafted players since 2010 (the new Jet)
13 Canadiens
8 US boys
1 Swede
1 Czech

Burmistrov kinda doesn't fit into this formula. As simple as that. So you could always blame "A" and look for excuses for "B" or blame "B" and look for excuses for "A", but the answer in this case is more then clear to anybody who refuses to be blind

To answer your question, IMO he clearly had near refused to adjust to being asked to play a more north/south type of game. Perhaps it just upsets you that a fan favorite has been in the doghouse due his own reported behaviour, and you are perhaps attempting to cite the organization as having some sort of a vague xenophobic bent in order to justify your own view... despite that they've signed Euro free agents, have made Euro waiver claims, and have drafted Euros as well since the new management group took over. That claim doesn't really stand up versus fact however.

Sunstroke

Dec 18, 2010
Mathias Niederberger G 22

Niederberger plays for the Barrie Colts

He could be signed as a free agent

Is he worth signing to an AHL contract?

He beat out Malcolm Subban in the playoffs

Hawerchuk is his coach and he played with Sheiffle and Telegin ,shouldnt the Jets be all over him as I believe he could be retained cheaply

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I realize it's Eklund, but I found it interesting he has Buff at 60% going to New Jersey.

Just curious, who would the Jets target from NJ? Clarkson? Henrique? They don't have a 1st rounder next year.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
The draft is over and we still don't have top 6 winger to play Kane:(

Won't happen until after free agency anyway.

Every team (including us) has to figure out their cap situation first.

My money is either we get a free agent or we'll end up trading for Drew Stafford.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Won't happen until after free agency anyway.

Every team (including us) has to figure out their cap situation first.

My money is either we get a free agent or we'll end up trading for Drew Stafford.

Kind of my feelings to, Sweech. I had thoughts we would make a move yesterday but that didn't happen, and there ws only a few trades across the league. Perhaps this week and into free agency we see something. Chevy will acquire a top 6 forward of some sort, in my opinion. I believe it has to happen, Ladd, Little, Wheeler and Kane can't do it all.

Aela*

Niederberger plays for the Barrie Colts

He could be signed as a free agent

Is he worth signing to an AHL contract?

He beat out Malcolm Subban in the playoffs

Hawerchuk is his coach and he played with Sheiffle and Telegin ,shouldnt the Jets be all over him as I believe he could be retained cheaply

He's a decent goalie who can get hot at the right time afaik. I've watched him play a bit and he should be worth drafting/giving a spot to in the AHL, I'm not sure I wouldn't want Comrie in that spot though.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Kind of my feelings to, Sweech. I had thoughts we would make a move yesterday but that didn't happen, and there ws only a few trades across the league. Perhaps this week and into free agency we see something. Chevy will acquire a top 6 forward of some sort, in my opinion. I believe it has to happen, Ladd, Little, Wheeler and Kane can't do it all.

Yeah, GM's were very open about the fact that there was A LOT of trade talks going on, but almost nothing really materialized on that front. It shows that everyone is trying to figure out there situation before jumping into something.

He's a decent goalie who can get hot at the right time afaik. I've watched him play a bit and he should be worth drafting/giving a spot to in the AHL, I'm not sure I wouldn't want Comrie in that spot though.

He didn't really just "get hot". He's been playing out of his mind for the past two years. I have a hard time finding games where he was poor. Definitely has the size issues to overcome, but I'd love to see him come down here for tryout.

Plus Comrie is still a little ways away anyway.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
(...)

He didn't really just "get hot". He's been playing out of his mind for the past two years. I have a hard time finding games where he was poor. Definitely has the size issues to overcome, but I'd love to see him come down here for tryout.

Agree Sweech - more often than not, Niederberger played lights out. Extremely talented, and very good positionally. If he were a bit taller, I think teams would be all over him.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I'm really happy that Schneider went for cheap, and other players went for relatively cheap. Goes to show roster and cap space is at a premium right now, probably the highest in years. Chevy should be able to swing a deal for decent middle 6 forwards. I'm just worried about the LHD hole.

Aela*

I'd say he got hot. Didn't pay attention to him a lot last year, but I did this year and he was quite good in the regular season. Against good teams in the playoffs though he fell apart and had to be bailed out by his team quite a bit.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
We're not sure how he fits, and we want more than what any team is willing to give. I don't see him traded in the next few days without a contract. If we can sign him to a contract, there's a possibility he will be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad