Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XIV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Any interest in TJ Galiardi? Useful young 3rd line LW.

No. He's nothing special, more of a complimentary piece. Put up ok stats only because he was attached to Thornton by the hip. Since Jets already have Ladd and Kane, he'd go to 3rd line LW. Jets don't have any scorers on 3rd line, so Galiardi would be pretty ineffective. He's probably going to try the Sharks in salary arb, so he's looking to be paid more than he's worth.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Any interest in moose? He has a 1.4m cap hit, and rather unspectacular numbers last year.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I'd say he got hot. Didn't pay attention to him a lot last year, but I did this year and he was quite good in the regular season. Against good teams in the playoffs though he fell apart and had to be bailed out by his team quite a bit.

I think you could just look up the game sheets and know that's not true.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I was interested in scooping up Clarkson, but then I found this:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1113331&page=17

TOP-TEN THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT DAVID CLARKSON

1) He falls down a lot

2) He's a deceptively talented fighter, but now that he thinks he's an Art Ross Trophy candidate, he doesn't fight anymore.

3) He has two offensive moves, and two offensive moves only:
Move a) Wrap-around
Move b) Toe-drag

4) He will shoot from the parking lot (of the practice rink arena).

5) He is physically incapable of passing, a born puck hog (GENUS: Sus SPECIES: Puckhogicus).

6) He seems like a genuinely nice young man.

7) On or off the ice, he is not a threat to cure cancer.

8) There are a handful of NHL GMs that seem to have a raging boner in their pants for him.

9) He's always the last player off the ice and shoots a puck into the open net before games.

10) He once scored 30 goals in a season (and he will never do it again, and once he realizes that, he will be a very effective player again).

bold emphasis mine. Maybe he would not be a good linemate with Kane, I think they would get upset with each other. Would need a very good puck distributing center with them. Jokinen is not that.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
RFA qualifying offers must be in by tomorrow. Anyone hear anything about who might have gotten offers yet?

I'm going to guess everyone but Tangradi. I think he's as good as gone. If Kulda gets one, he may accept it. Redmond may as well. I don't think anyone else will. Raises all around.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
So Ballard is on waivers.

Despite the flak he gets I'd actually consider putting in a claim and making Ballard-Bogosian our solid tough minutes pairing. Or we could wait it out and see if they put him on waivers for a buyout and attempt to get him cheaper through FA.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
How comfortable would you guys be with picking up no D-men in UFA or trades?

Enstrom - Buff
Kulda - Bogosian
Stuart - Redmond
Postma

Trouba as emergency callup

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I'm going to guess everyone but Tangradi. I think he's as good as gone. If Kulda gets one, he may accept it. Redmond may as well. I don't think anyone else will. Raises all around.

Tangradi? Really? He will assuredly get a QO he played decent enough last year. Why not at least qualify him, at worst hes decent depth in st. Johns if he clears waivers.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Tangradi? Really? He will assuredly get a QO he played decent enough last year. Why not at least qualify him, at worst hes decent depth in st. Johns if he clears waivers.

Yeah, I agree. He's a proven AHL stud and I'm willing to give him more time. He actually looked to be coming along really nicely towards the end of the season.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Yeah, I agree. He's a proven AHL stud and I'm willing to give him more time. He actually looked to be coming along really nicely towards the end of the season.

I'd resign him and Antropov (depending on what he wants) and send Thorburn FINALLLYYYYYY down.

BTW: Sweech whats up with your avatar? It looks all ugly and ****.

:sarcasm:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

Chevy said last week he had reached out to all RFA, so it sounded like we'd welcome Tangradi back if he accepted whatever Chevy was offering. Now, given how unproven and unproductive Tangradi is and has been as an NHL'er to date, it's possible Chevy only offers him a two-way contract. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad