Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (Part XIV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Ugh: that thread on the trade board is ridiculous. Jets sign him to a long term contract, arguably the Jets best offensive player - trade him! :facepalm:

I keep trying to stop myself from ever going on the trade board, so much garbage over there.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I keep trying to stop myself from ever going on the trade board, so much garbage over there.

What I can't stand: no one wants to actually have a conversation - bickering and drive by postings end up being the majority of the rapport.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
...or a better RFA deal.

One way or another, I hope the Burmi thing gets resolved. What a distraction. Not sure if this has bee verified or not, but if so, it's a bit of a change of heart for him, considering what he said about the KHL a couple of years ago.

Not really.

Burmistrov said many Russians feel they must bad-mouth the KHL (or Russian hockey) just to gain the confidence of GMs during the draft. It's a sad situation...the 'Russian factor' is strong.
Burmistrov is still very close to Ak Bars. Skates and trains with them in the offseason.
Saying that, I think he's committed to the NHL for now.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Not really.

Burmistrov said many Russians feel they must bad-mouth the KHL (or Russian hockey) just to gain the confidence of GMs during the draft. It's a sad situation...the 'Russian factor' is strong.
Burmistrov is still very close to Ak Bars. Skates and trains with them in the offseason.
Saying that, I think he's committed to the NHL for now.

Fair enough.

Aela*

Alzner would be the near perfect partner for Bogosian. That would be an amazing shutdown pair, and Bogo would be able to explore some more offensive opportunities as well with a guy like that backing him up.

Unfortunately, I don't think offer sheets have much of a success rate.

Probably not but it's nice to dream, and I just don't see how WSH to stand to pay Alzner 5m. We can stomach that, I don't see how WSH could, they have no cap space.

There's a thread in the trade section with a Russian report that burmi has or will sign with ak bars kazan.

Probably not true, or I sure hope not. Burmi has always said he wants to play for WPG and has no plans to go back to the KHL.

anyone else hearing the Byfuglien for Yakopov rumour?

I love Buff, but love Yakupov even more. I'd probably want it to be next year though to see if Trouba can handle a top 4 move. Would also prefer a good playmaking center tbh although I can't complain about Yak.

What I can't stand: no one wants to actually have a conversation - bickering and drive by postings end up being the majority of the rapport.

I agree, the trade threads are also to biased for rumors too, Buff is 300 pounds and Burmi isn't worth anything cause he wants out, according to them.

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
chevy ain't gonna make any substantial trades....he said repeatedly he wants to keep the core of this team despite noel's problems with burmi and buff!! hence the one year contract......chevy will be a vulture and and try to pick off cast offs and left overs from other teams third and fourth line players for the top six players on the jets......you are gonna have to be patient...very patient!!!!!

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
I'm still upset with the first round pick. I pray Chevy isn't considering Frolik as a top six.
We still need to come out of this summer with a second line RW.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 54s

Jets also inquired about Dave Bolland. Coveted both Bolland and Frolik. Happy to get Frolik, who will have a larger role in Wpg

I thought so

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
gary lawless ‏@garylawless 11m

Cheveldayoff on Burmistrov to Russia rumours, "if it's his choice to go and play in Russia, I can't compete with that." #nhljets #bn

Great response, IMO, basically calling him out.

To paraphrase "If he doesn't want to play here, oh well."

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Kind of glad we got Frolik over Bolland due to cost, and their RFA / UFA status.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Great response, IMO, basically calling him out.

To paraphrase "If he doesn't want to play here, oh well."

I swear Chevy can do no wrong in some people's eyes. You don't give up on a 21 year old with Burmistrov's talent. This is a player who was rushed into the league and has regressed a little bit under a terrible coach. Five years from now he could easily be the 2nd best forward currently on the roster.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
I swear Chevy can do no wrong in some people's eyes. You don't give up on a 21 year old with Burmistrov's talent. This is a player who was rushed into the league and has regressed a little bit under a terrible coach. Five years from now he could easily be the 2nd best forward currently on the roster.

Hey, player appreciation is as subjective as is art appreciation. What some see as a player who was rushed into the league and regressed under a terrible coach can alternatively be viewed by others as perhaps a petulant and selfish veteran of nearly 200 games that has refused to perform as requested by his employer. To each their own, c'est la vie.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind

I swear the same people want Chevys head on a pike with no matter what move he does

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I think it's more about games with the agent, which is kind of sad. Burmi plays great when he has hunger. He needs that.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I think it's more about games with the agent, which is kind of sad. Burmi plays great when he has hunger. He needs that.

Yup. Trying the exact same tactic that worked so well last year for Pavelec. Methinks Chevy has learned from that.

I want Burmi back here for the fall, but all he should get is the same type of contract that Wheeler and Bogosian got two years ago. Just like Zach, you got rushed a bit and maybe weren't ready for it. Fair enough. Show me what you got kid, then we'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad