Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
According to capfriendly.com, Bruins have more cap room than the Jets, with Krug being their only significant RFA. I'd be OK with the Jets taking the 4 1st round picks - that's a lot!

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Yeah. Chevy can't be seen as a player factory for the league, the way the Jets 1.0 were. The big bullies of the league will look to try to take advantage of the disadvantaged clubs (see: Philly and Nashville with Weber). It took Poille no time at all to get Forsberg to a new contract this time. Maybe this threat is what Chevy needs to loosen the purse strings some. It's basically a 3 way tug of war right now. *shrugs*

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
According to capfriendly.com, Bruins have more cap room than the Jets, with Krug being their only significant RFA. I'd be OK with the Jets taking the 4 1st round picks - that's a lot!

Bruins only have 16 players under contract with $20 M cap space. Jets have 19 players signed with $20.1 M cap space (cap friendly). Jets are not really a team that is easy pickings for an offer sheet.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The potential players n the RFA offersheet game

image.jpg

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Funniest comment from a Bruins fan:

They don't need first round picks because the guys Sweeney likes will still be available 30 picks later

KurtG8

Apr 4, 2015
So then it's open season on all future Jet RFA's first Ehlers then Connor Laine.....

It's not so cut and dry IMO

Seeing as nobody has ever given up 4 consecutive 1st round picks as compensation, i highly doubt it becomes " a thing " to do now. If Sweeney does this and pays Trouba 9million plus AAV, he will be the laughing stock of the league. i dont think many people would be lining up to follow in his footsteps. All just my opinon of course

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Seeing as nobody has ever given up 4 consecutive 1st round picks as compensation, i highly doubt it becomes " a thing " to do now. If Sweeney does this and pays Trouba 9million plus AAV, he will be the laughing stock of the league. i dont think many people would be lining up to follow in his footsteps. All just my opinon of course

The rumour say it's 7 x $7M. Nobody saying it's gonna be 9.4 AAV.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
oh my bad i keep reading about 4-1st round picks as compensation. the ONLY way that happens is if its 9.4 or more i thought?

If the deal is more than 5 years you divide the total by 5 anyway

7 x 7 = 49 then divide by 5 = 9.8 for the purpose of determining compensation.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
oh my bad i keep reading about 4-1st round picks as compensation. the ONLY way that happens is if its 9.4 or more i thought?

But offer sheet compensation is worked out based on 5 years. It is explained early on in the other thread discussing this.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I swear Aavco you should be on salary as a fact checker.

I knew very little on these matters until finding my way to these boards three years ago. I learned a lot of it right here from others.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I knew very little on these matters until finding my way to these boards three years ago. I learned a lot of it right here from others.

It is not just the accuracy but the speed ;) BTW I'm guessing you will have some good reports from development camp next week. Tomorrow I'm off on a little vacation time but will be checking in for some camp updates.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It is not just the accuracy but the speed ;) BTW I'm guessing you will have some good reports from development camp next week. Tomorrow I'm off on a little vacation time but will be checking in for some camp updates.

I imagine I'll attend most if not all of the camp.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

The Oilers tried to give up 4 firsts for Vanek in 2007.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
A team should have to give up compensation just by making an offer sheet.

If im looking at division rival id simply drive up the price just to hurt the other team. Unless there is already and im missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad