Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 15-16 Part XIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
You would just hope that Chevy's comments about wanting a left handed defenseman shows what they think about a guy like Stuart at this point (and maybe where Morrissey is at right now).

I do hope they don't see it like this:

Enstrom-Myers
???-Byfuglien
Stuart-Trouba
---
Chiarot-Postma
---
Morrissey AHL (development)

jetsfaneh

Feb 15, 2015
I do hope they don't see it like this:

Enstrom-Myers
???-Byfuglien
Stuart-Trouba
---
Chiarot-Postma
---
Morrissey AHL (development)

Agreed. I don't want to see that! Cannot see them rolling the right side like that. Trouba on the left seems pretty inevitable at this point even if less than ideal. Really hoping Morrissey takes the next step. Not sure how this all shakes out if we do sign another starter quality dman. If it forces another year in the A for Morrissey then so be it. Maybe Enstrom's role is his eventual spot. And maybe that will be when Enstrom isn't on the roster. Which would make trading Enstrom before the expansion draft a real possibility. If he couldn't be traded I wonder if the Jets would cut him before the expansion draft in order to protect more forwards. Is that crazy?

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Hamhuis is the only notable LD I want, and there's not a chance he'd come here.

Okposo would be nice, but the the writing is on the wall for him to sign in Minnesota after they bought out Vanek.

Realistically, Ladd is the one I'm hoping for. Maybe Pirri too, since Chevy did want to trade for him once upon a time.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hamhuis is the only notable LD I want, and there's not a chance he'd come here.

Okposo would be nice, but the the writing is on the wall for him to sign in Minnesota after they bought out Vanek.

Realistically, Ladd is the one I'm hoping for. Maybe Pirri too, since Chevy did want to trade for him once upon a time.

Schlemko would be an upgrade on Chiarot. If he delays Morrissey it isn't really a gain.

He went for a 6th so Chevy didn't want him very badly. Please, no Pirri.

I'm not really hoping for any UFA signing. There are a few I wouldn't mind but none that I see accomplishing anything over what we have. I wouldn't mind Ladd back if he would sign for 3 years, which I doubt.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
You would just hope that Chevy's comments about wanting a left handed defenseman shows what they think about a guy like Stuart at this point (and maybe where Morrissey is at right now).

I think they know what they have in Hellebuyck and watching the playoffs had to give them faith in going with a young goaltender.

Chevy didn't sign guys like Tlusty and Stempniak because he wanted to promote from within. You have to think that this year guys like Peluso and Thorburn will not be allowed to block some of the younger guys. Maybe keep Thor in the press box/locker room for this year.

Management needs to give Maurice the right players. Hopefully they eliminate Stuart and Thorburn from the equation. If they did that I don't think Paul could mess up the lines too much even if he tried.

I took it as wanting to replace Pardy and Harrison. i.e. Depth

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Wiercioch from Ottawa wouldn't be a bad depth signing. Better than Chiarot, shoots left so maybe better for us than Posty

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Depending on what Wier is looking for in a contract I would be interested on a one season, show me what you got contract/hold us over for a year type deal. But anything long term I would stay away. I still follow the Sens quite a bit since the Jets came back and I have not much good or negative to say about him, he was just there doing his job as a 5-6.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
This is KAOS, I mean Winnipeg. We don't buy out peoples.

Couldn't resist a picture of this :naughty:

th

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Wiercioch from Ottawa wouldn't be a bad depth signing. Better than Chiarot, shoots left so maybe better for us than Posty

He is actually better than that. Looks terrible. But does score a bit and his stats are pretty good. I particularly like his effect on linemates.

gOXhH2C.jpg
[/IMG]

He had a poor scoring year last year (usage?) or his production numbers would look batter. The HERO chart is weighted towards the most recent year.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
He is actually better than that. Looks terrible. But does score a bit and his stats are pretty good. I particularly like his effect on linemates.

gOXhH2C.jpg
[/IMG]

He had a poor scoring year last year (usage?) or his production numbers would look batter. The HERO chart is weighted towards the most recent year.

I think him being paired with Trouba would see a huge spike in both his and Troubas production.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Really? I thought they all got 90k a year for 3 years on an ELC. Maybe it is worth getting your teeth knocked out.

$92.5k. That's the signing bonus.

Eichel had potential $2.85M in performance bonus (same as McDavid max allowed in the CBA)

Reinhart $2.65M
Barkov $2.65M
Murray $2.6M

There's an unnoficial rookie scale for bonuses based on where you were selected in the draft. #1 overall gets max bonuses and it generally drops from there but last year Eichel broke the mold and got max bonus as a #2 pick. Will it continue. Will Laine get max bonus?

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
I don't know how to link tweets and such but on the main board there is a thread with a rumor about Boston potentially offer sheeting Trouba. Potentially 4 1st rounders

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
If it's 6.5 aav they don't have the required picks. Also I think we'd match. If over 6.5aav it will be 4 1sts if 6 years... I think

I'd imagine we take the 4 1sts

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I don't know how to link tweets and such but on the main board there is a thread with a rumor about Boston potentially offer sheeting Trouba. Potentially 4 1st rounders

They don't have a 2nd or 3rd rd pick next year so that's why they are talking about an offer sheet needing 4 1st rders.

7 x 6.75M would cross the threshold for 4 first rd picks.

Would you match that if you're the Jets? Or take the picks?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If it's 6.5 aav they don't have the required picks. Also I think we'd match. If over 6.5aav it will be 4 1sts if 6 years... I think

I'd imagine we take the 4 1sts

7 x 6.71M I believe the exact cutoff. If it's 5 years it's $9.38M

bogostick

Jun 13, 2014
They don't have a 2nd or 3rd rd pick next year so that's why they are talking about an offer sheet needing 4 1st rders.

If you factor in other aspects like not needing to protect 4 dmen now for the expansion draft. Also Boston being a team somewhat declining, I think I would seriously consider taking the picks. Curious to see others opinions

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I think I might take those picks. I think Boston is in a decline. Chara should be retiring soon meaning Trouba would be their #1D at that point. Those first rounders have a good chance of landing us some lottery picks over the next 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad