Post-Game Talk: Jets finish Preds. 5-1. ADVANCE TO THE WCF for the first time in HISTORY!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Congrats Jet fans, you guys really deserve the ride your on so happy to see that . You're playing some truly exciting hockey.As a hockey fan it's so great to watch a team not trying to win 2-1 every game.I could only wish my team would copy your style...lol

Best of luck against Vegas !

Be great to see the Stanley Cup back in Canada .

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Shoutout to my two favourite whipping boys: Myers and Chiarot. Steady, focused games from both of them, and Myers/Ehlers obviously had a massive impact on the night.

I don’t want to get ahead of myself but watching the post game show on NBC and replays, some of the bounces and breaks we’ve gotten so far in the playoffs makes me think we truly have “luck” on our side that every championship team needs. That Myers goal was such a fluke goal but that’s all we needed. Team came out ready to play. So proud of these guys.

In the second intermission on HNIC, Myers told Scott Oake that they had actually scouted that on Rinne! :amazed:

I disagree with the fluke distinction for our first two goals.

Our goalie was better than theirs. That's not flukey.

See above.

Marky Tarmac!

Happy to springboard your pick up by one spot, I guess? :dunno:

Hey, when you draft a generational poster in the Bnadwagon Draft, you gotta pay them.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
i think the secret to enstrom in the playoffs is to keep him out of the first round when it is much more violent. not nearly the same amount of big hits in round 2.

enstrom has been fabulous.
You could make the same argument for Frenchy being kept out of the first series. As long as you are strong enough that you can afford to rest strong players for rd2.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Uh oh lol, just read that the third round payment will be coming out of my account tonight at some point. My wife gets paid in about 2 hours, hope they don't try to take it out before then because I just got done making a massive final payment on a trip! Was expecting at least another day to get the money in! This has been an expensive frigging month.....

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
What a trade by Chevy to get Stastny , the best part was none of the so called experts even saw it coming . Still a bit in shock right now , happy for all Jets fans especially those of us that went through all the pain with Jets 1.0 . **** you Subban you overrated horrible so called defenseman . :laugh:

Funny thing, the night before the trade deadline I was talking with my dad and I suggested that Stastny might be a perfect target for the Jets since it seemed like St Louis might be selling. He was blown away that I called it when it was so shocking to the experts. In reality it was just a super lucky guess, but I'll ride it for all it's worth :laugh:

Reactions: Jack722 and Jets 31

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Summary of the game from a Nashville perspective.

BPOAumC.gif

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
In the second intermission on HNIC, Myers told Scott Oake that they had actually scouted that on Rinne! :amazed:

I said that during the game. It was obvious they were trying to get him to get into the reverse VH position. My guess is he has an injury that affects his ability to hold that position.

Reactions: Evil Little

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Funny thing, the night before the trade deadline I was talking with my dad and I suggested that Stastny might be a perfect target for the Jets since it seemed like St Louis might be selling. He was blown away that I called it when it was so shocking to the experts. In reality it was just a super lucky guess, but I'll ride it for all it's worth :laugh:

There was a few of us on the trade board speculating the same thing. I was pushing it hard 2 nights before it happened.

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Wait, Jets won? Told you it is PO and series aren't over till one team loses 4 games. Please stop with not been confident. We have ourselves a team, let's enjoy the ride.
Nashville started to sell tickets for next round? I feel even better now
Hear Fisher's wife is so sour grapes and officially supporting Vegas. Will be nice to disappoint her twice
21dqykx.jpg

Go Jets Go!

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Of course the best part of advancing is more GDT's from @Zhamnov5GoalGame :thumbu: you got your work cut out for you :nod:

Yikes.... time to make the donuts ;)

Happy to have that "problem"!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I survived a 2 hour delay to watch a PVR and had ZERO spoilers!!!!!
Couldn't believe what I saw.
I was so nervous I didn't even listen to sports radio today (outside of the car).

I'm sure this has already been mentioned but I haven't had time to even look at the thread... BUT the Vegas meddling in our attempts to get Brassard that landed us Stastny instead could be a great story.

We did it HF Jets.
8 wins to go.
A tough road go; no easy outs.
Gotta hope for the continued health of our players and we need to get our home ice mojo back!!!
giphy.gif

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
It's getting late so it's probably just the hardcore tipplers still on. So, in honor of you all, here's one I like to sing along to when I'm almost partied out.

My instincts are telling me
to pick up and go,
but I can't feel my fingers
and I can't move my toes

There's a drained bourbon bottle
layin' next to my head
and the piss and the vomit
are the sheets on my bed.

Reactions: larmex99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad