Post-Game Talk: Jets finish Preds. 5-1. ADVANCE TO THE WCF for the first time in HISTORY!

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I said that during the game. It was obvious they were trying to get him to get into the reverse VH position. My guess is he has an injury that affects his ability to hold that position.

Interesting. I didn't see anything about his play that suggested he couldn't get the toe locked on the RVH, but maybe you're right.

It's noteworthy that Hrudy was looking at Nashville's shot selection in, I think, game 5 and he thought it was strange that they kept shooting from the goal-line, as though they had seen something on Hellebuyck that he hadn't. Maybe they were projecting something they'd seen on Rinne.

Reactions: RedBar

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Well that's cool!

I don't mind seeing hockey away from that suffocating Preds D. They are a good team. Just lack firepower.

member 297479

I was so thrilled to wake up to these news. Woke up a few times during the night to check the score. Fortunately it looked good all the time so I wasn't robbed of my sleep. Very excited for the series against Vegas!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I think these two teams were so close in so many ways that it really only makes sense that the difference was often a bit of luck one way or the other. Game 6 might very well have been it for the series but for that fluke first goal. However, I thought the Jets looked way better in general in game 7 than any of the previous 6. They looked more like the team we watched all year - lots of cycling in the O zone. Lowery’s line just looked fantastic...

And I hope the refs are embarrassed at having bought that pathetic Subban flop job. What a joke.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Try not to break your face falling off the bandwagon, Carrie.
Okay so Carrie jumps on the bandwagon of the team going against the team that eliminated her team from the playoffs.....so Neil Young who is a Sharks fan not to mention being a Winnipegger will be fully on the Jets bandwagon..... Neil Young>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carrie Underwood.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What a game , still pumped from last night :vhappy:Can't believe how overrated Subban is defensively , all he does defensively is run around swinging one of his arms at guys like a f***ing wrestler , dives and acts like one too . :shakehead Vegas better hope Laine and Ehlers don't really get going because we beat the #1 team pretty much without production from them , look out if they get going now too . :yo:

Reactions: Cellee

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Hey...does this make us the Central division champs? Or is that determined by regular season points?
Nashville has 2 more banners to put up next season. Central Division Champs and Presidents' Cup Champs?. Jets still have to work hard for 2 banners.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Nashville has 2 more banners to put up next season. Central Division Champs and Presidents' Cup Champs?. Jets still have to work hard for 2 banners.
Ya we will win the harder banners first , next season we will win the easy ones . :laugh:

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I loved the cycle game of the Perreault-Little-Tanev line. That was a big difference that stood out for me in game 7. Tanev is a lot like a less skilled Perreault in that they both keep their feet moving all the time and win a lot of board battles by getting under guys. That line really wore down the Preds D.

Reactions: Jets 31

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
In the second intermission on HNIC, Myers told Scott Oake that they had actually scouted that on Rinne! :amazed:

I'm inclined to believe that. Around midseason there was a video about adjustments Rinne made for this season (tried finding it now but couldn't). I remember one of the points being that he now takes a position that does not extend beyond the post - it supposedly allows him to get across much quicker but looked like it would leave him a little vulnerable to the puck deflecting in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad