Value of: Jets' deadline store - Stastny, Copp, Dillon, Beaulieu

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I know you have to give to get and thought I offered a lot but not willing to move Schneider, he is untouchable. Have no problem with adding a first to the package I offered or any other prospects not named Schneider, Othmann or Cuylie. Put Lundkvist in instead of Jones because you look weaker at right defense then left defense, is that correct?

Your original offer was fair, maybe just tweak it a tiny bit but not saying increasing values or much.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Caps might have interest in Stastny.

Winnipeg's 2022 2nd
Additional conditional pick, between Caps 5th in 2022 and Caps 2nd in 2023. (Caps don't have their own 2022 2nd.)

Unknown for now if any retention would be needed. Depends on Mantha, whether they can trade another piece like Hagelin, and whether they also deal for a goalie.

Decent offer. 2022 2nd being Winnipeg's makes it likely it would be the in the 40ish range depending how bad the Jets burn. More enticing than if it was the Caps; own 2nd.

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
Good offer. I know us Jets fans really want Schneider (for the same reason Rangers fans want to keep him) but Lundkvist is a top RHD prospect. And you would ADD another prospect too? I would tempted to ask for Kravtsov. Is that fair?

Chytil, Lafreniere, Lundkvist and Kravtsov for Scheifele ? Thats an awful lot for 1 player, as good as Scheifele is. You would need to add to Scheifele. What would you be willing to add?

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Caps might have interest in Stastny.

Winnipeg's 2022 2nd
Additional conditional pick, between Caps 5th in 2022 and Caps 2nd in 2023. (Caps don't have their own 2022 2nd.)

Unknown for now if any retention would be needed. Depends on Mantha, whether they can trade another piece like Hagelin, and whether they also deal for a goalie.

For the record, Giroux might be their primary target to fill the forward/center depth and insurance role, but between his price and NMC, this route could be a backup plan.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
What are you thinking? I am all ears

TBH I don't get too involved in trade talks, especially the specifics bc I find it too much rhetoric (not you, just in general). I'm just saying you first offer is pretty fair (congrats to you), but it likely depends how the Jets scouts see each of those prospects vs what our needs are. Example maybe we throw Heinola (who is a good prospect also, albeit not as highly rated as Schnieder) into the trade to get Schnieder also. So: Mark & Ville for Chytil, Schneider, Laf & 3rd pick or something. Just spitballing, again depends how scouts from both teams see the prospects involved. Jets might be able to even retain a bit on Mark's 2.5 year contract.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
I know you have to give to get and thought I offered a lot but not willing to move Schneider, he is untouchable. Have no problem with adding a first to the package I offered or any other prospects not named Schneider, Othmann or Cuylie. Put Lundkvist in instead of Jones because you look weaker at right defense then left defense, is that correct?

Nils isn’t the kind of defender we need, we have enough of them. I think Rags and Jets would make great trading partners, and could really make a trade that suits both teams equally in where they stand for contention (NY) and retool (Jets)
Im not sure where/why NY fans stand on Schneider being untouchable. He’s a great prospect but most pundits have him topping out as a second pair, physical Dman who can log minutes, which you have in Trouba. Fox plays top line which leaves Schneider playing 3rd line and PK for the foreseeable future as I don’t see Trouba or his contract going anywhere anytime soon.
Getting a guy like Scheifele on that steal of a deal coupled with the rest of your core would make NY one of the teams to beat.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Chytil, Lafreniere, Lundkvist and Kravtsov for Scheifele ? Thats an awful lot for 1 player, as good as Scheifele is. You would need to add to Scheifele. What would you be willing to add?
So you value Kravtsov more than the 1st? Or did I misunderstand your earlier offer?

Rangers offer Chytil, Lafreniere and Lundkvist for Scheifele

I know you have to give to get and thought I offered a lot but not willing to move Schneider, he is untouchable. Have no problem with adding a first to the package I offered or any other prospects not named Schneider, Othmann or Cuylie.

NYR425

Sep 30, 2005
So you value Kravtsov more than the 1st? Or did I misunderstand your earlier offer?

Rangers offer Chytil, Lafreniere and Lundkvist for Scheifele

I know you have to give to get and thought I offered a lot but not willing to move Schneider, he is untouchable. Have no problem with adding a first to the package I offered or any other prospects not named Schneider, Othmann or Cuylie.

No not at all. I value the first much more. I think Kravtsov has a lot of talent and ability but has a lot of growing up to do. Don't think New York is the place for him to reach his potential. To be honest I think at this point based on what he has done twice Rangers would be extremely luck to recoup a 2nd for him. But that being said a package of Lundkvist, Lafreniere, Chytil and Kravtsov is an awful lot to give up for 1 player. Most Ranger fans think Lafreniere for Scheifele, 1 for 1 is a non starter, I don't agree. I think we/ the Rangers need to add. I would be willing to add the first or anything else to the package but think then there would have to be a + to Scheifele.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Canes don't have their 1st this year, but what else might be of interest in a trade for Copp?

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Canes don't have their 1st this year, but what else might be of interest in a trade for Copp?

Someone else’s 1st.
We may be going into rebuild territory, since nothing is working with this group. TNSE targets players really specifically, which they usually do through the draft. Unless you have a young player you recently picked that they coveted before, they’re going to go to whoever offers the best prospect on top of the 1st.

Reactions: hn777

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Have to imagine Copp would generate a lot of interest to contenders. That's a very affordable cap hit for a plug and play middle 6 forward that can pretty much do it all.

Especially if Winnipeg retained 50%, sub 2M for him would be very enticing I think.

But at the same time.... If feels like the list of quality forwards likely/potentially available at the deadline just continues to grow larger and larger.

Yeah, he'll definitely be in demand, but as you said there's going to be a tonne of forwards available at the deadline which will probably push the price down somewhat.

Giroux
Kessel
Pavelski
Hertl
Miller
Domi
Rakell
Stastny
Copp
Tierney
Namestnikov
Jarnkrok
Lehkonen

Giroux, Pavelski, Hertl, Miller, and Copp probably all are worth 1st's at the deadline. But all of them won't get one given how infrequently 1st's are moved for pure rentals these days.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I mean teams don’t really trade within the division but I do think a Stastny + Copp package would be pretty good for the Avs 3rd line
I agree that a Stastny + Copp package would be useful for Colorado.

I also note from the post quoted below that Winnipeg need RHS forwards and RHD, both of which Avs have in abundance (eg. Compher, O'Connor, Aube-Kubel, Kaut, Foudy, Beaucage; and Helleson and Barron).

For me it’s RHD or RHW… both are equally important.
With Wheeler declining hard and no real top 6 projected RHW in the pipeline, we have a serious need there.

With our lack of a top pairing RHD, or any in the pipeline, that’s also a serious need.
Also, we are overflowing with left handed shots and seriously lacking righties.
I, personally, don’t follow the BPA philosophy. I’m fine with picking within 3 of our pick to get a player of need.
ie: if we have pick #14, any player from #14-#17 that fits need over BPA, unless BPA also fits need

That being the case perhaps something like the following could work:

Stastny (50%/ $1.875m) + Copp (50% / $1.82m) -- $3.695m combined

for

Compher ($3.5m x 2) + Kaut + pick(s)

The caphit going across would be roughly the same which would work well for Colorado given the limited capspace and give the team really strong C depth.

Landeskog -- Mackinnon -- Rantanen
Nichuskin ----- Kadri ------- Burakovsky
Copp --------- Newhook ---- O'Connor
Jost/Maltsev -- Stastny ----- NAK

From Winnipeg's perspective they get two RHS forwards and a pick (value depends on how you rate the other two players). Canadian teams may struggle to sign UFA's this offseason so getting two players with some term/team control as part of the return who can contribute immediately could be positive. Sakic is probably too loyal to Compher to send him to Winnipeg though.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

I also note from the post quoted below that Winnipeg need RHS forwards and RHD, both of which Avs have in abundance (eg. Compher, O'Connor, Aube-Kubel, Kaut, Foudy, Beaucage; and Helleson and Barron).

for

The caphit going across would be roughly the same which would work well for Colorado given the limited capspace and give the team really strong C depth.

From Winnipeg's perspective they get two RHS forwards and a pick (value depends on how you rate the other two players). Canadian teams may struggle to sign UFA's this offseason so getting two players with some term/team control as part of the return who can contribute immediately could be positive. Sakic is probably too loyal to Compher to send him to Winnipeg though.
rather just have picks then added cap space next year

Reactions: hn777 and Snowman

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

for

No interest in JT, sooner have picks & prospects. A guy 1.5 years away from UFA isn’t all that interesting to a team who likely is restructuring this summer

Reactions: hn777 and Snowman

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont

for

Rather do Copp/Stasny retained for Barron/pick as Barron would fit our retool better.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
RHD is not a position of strength for us. That leaves us Pionk and DeMelo down the right, with either Beaulieu or Chisholm in the future for the 3rd spot. We can offload LHD to make room for Heinola and/or Samberg, so Dillon and his cap hit are expendable.
Kings enter the chat. We would be happy to take Dillon -- need RHD? -- we're drowning in them.

Jimmy Hoots

Oct 10, 2013
Scheifele has worn out his welcome here in Winnipeg. So, in the words of Dylan McKay from 90210 : "Let the bridges you burn light the way!"

Pros :

- 2.5 years left at 6 million, then UFA
- Can score goals which, I don't know if you've ever played hockey, but that can be difficult.
- Piercing blue eyes. Haunting, really.

Cons :

- Defense, who needs it, right?
- Last name is notoriously hard to spell.
- Didn't say "hi" back to me when I saw him at a tennis court once.

Should be worth at least a 3rd Round pick, no?

Last edited:

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Calgary would pony up for sure.

I think based on Winnipeg needs and what Calgary is trying to do, our offers are probably based on on Backlund/Monahan ++

Not sure if Jets are interested if that's the case. They're probably more likely to just keep him and hope he figures it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad