Value of: Jets' deadline store - Stastny, Copp, Dillon, Beaulieu

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Trading Copp and Dillon for picks….and you said my proposal would weaken the team….lmfao
I said if we trade copp, and the only way we trade copp is if we are out of the playoff because he is a pending ufa, so yes we would want picks in that situation.... "lmfao"

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
don't see us as good trading partners, if we trade copp we would most likely want picks so we can have capspace next season

What manor of pick/picks would we be talking about here? I like the two way game he brings, but the third line C role he'd be acquired for would just be to shuffle Miller or Pettersson on to the wing, and get someone that brings a little more offense in for Pod and Hog, or move one up to Horvat's line.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
What manor of pick/picks would we be talking about here? I like the two way game he brings, but the third line C role he'd be acquired for would just be to shuffle Miller or Pettersson on to the wing, and get someone that brings a little more offense in for Pod and Hog, or move one up to Horvat's line.
we'd want a 1st which doesn't make sense for you guys if you only want him for the 3rd line

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
what is your obsession with boeser, he's an rfa with 1 year of control left and a q/o of 7.5. he can just take that and walk right to free agency, he does not work at all from a jets perspective
What’s your obsession with Scheifele and Wheeler.
Jets need RW, preferably RHW, and yet you people all want LW, C, or Picks….where’s the logic in that. Boeser is the exact type of player Winnipeg needs. Young Kessel style player. He would be a perfect fit with Connor and PLD.
You put a jets logo on your account and suddenly think everything you say is right and everyone else is wrong… it’s a problem with the majority of the Jets boards too.
You are not the God of hockey.
Your way is not the only way

Last edited:

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
He’s the first one they should trade… he’s definitely not needed

So Scheifele, who is locked in at $6.125 million for 2 more years, and has 10 goals and 29 points in 35 games (63 points in 56 games last year), is not needed.

But

Boeser, who is an RFA with a qualifying offer of $6.5, has 11 goals and 22 points in 38 games (49 points in 56 games last year) is a perfect fit?

Scheifele is both cheaper, locked in for 2 more years, and a substantially better hockey player, even in a down year for him.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
What’s your obsession with Scheifele and Wheeler.
Jets need RW, preferably RHW, and yet you people all want LW, C, or Picks….where’s the logic in that. Boeser is the exact type of player Winnipeg needs. Young Kessel style player. He would be a perfect fit with Connor and PLD.
You put a jets logo on your account and suddenly think everything you say is right and everyone else is wrong… it’s a problem with the majority of the Jets boards too.
You are not the God of hockey.
Your way is not the only way
I don't have an obsession with wheeler or scheifele, I just don't see us winning any scheifele trade...
I've told you several times why boeser makes no sense to us and all you do is ignore that...
every time you make a trade proposal and someone tells you it doesn't work and why it doesn't work you act all offended and personally attacked...

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I don't have an obsession with wheeler or scheifele, I just don't see us winning any scheifele trade...
I've told you several times why boeser makes no sense to us and all you do is ignore that...
every time you make a trade proposal and someone tells you it doesn't work and why it doesn't work you act all offended and personally attacked...
You thinking that a trade doesn’t work is irrelevant… your opinion doesn’t matter.
That’s where you’re having the problem… thinking your opinion is important, relevant, or necessary.
I couldn’t care less what you think of what I post. if you don’t like my posts… please feel free to hit block… you won’t be missed.
As for feeling personally attacked… not even close.
This site is entertainment, nothing else. There is not a poster on here who matters in the reality of hockey. No one here is an actual GM so their proposals are personal opinion… not fact.
To many here take themselves far to seriously and believe themselves far to important.

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
So Scheifele, who is locked in at $6.125 million for 2 more years, and has 10 goals and 29 points in 35 games (63 points in 56 games last year), is not needed.

But

Boeser, who is an RFA with a qualifying offer of $6.5, has 11 goals and 22 points in 38 games (49 points in 56 games last year) is a perfect fit?

Scheifele is both cheaper, locked in for 2 more years, and a substantially better hockey player, even in a down year for him.
Jets have C… but have almost no RHW…
It’s a simple conclusion to come to if one but thinks on it, logically

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ok let me put it another way. Which of these 2 scenarios is more desirable:

Jets keep Schiefele. He has a perceived 1C value. He puts up points but doesn't want to/cannot play good defence. Jets 3rd line does little offensively. Scheifele only plays at his best if he is paired with players he likes (Wheeler) . Due to this , Jets do not realize their full potential and are pretenders at best.

Or

Jets get a good 200 foot C, who *is* motivated and will listen to the coach and has good chemistry making other players better. Jets also get a player that helps turning the 3rd line to a scoring line. Balanced lineup and team first attitude enables them to make serious noise in the playoffs

Who is this hypothetical elite two-way 2C that teams will give up for Mark? Normally teams will keep said player and move out futures at the deadline to enhance their teams chances at the playoffs. If you want to move Mark in a hockey type deal it won't happen until the offseason.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Anyhow this thread is about our pending UFA players and maybe Dillion:

I'd want a 1st for Copp
I'd want a 2nd and 3rd for Stastny
I'd want a 2nd and 3rd for Dillion

BatVader

May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Anyhow this thread is about our pending UFA players and maybe Dillion:

I'd want a 1st for Copp
I'd want a 2nd and 3rd for Stastny
I'd want a 2nd and 3rd for Dillion
I think Copp could get a 1st+ in a TDL auction
Stastny, easily a 2nd or 3rd… COL would likely be interested
Dillon cost us 2 x 2nds so I’d want at least that back, or a package involving a young player and a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad