Value of: Jets' deadline store - Stastny, Copp, Dillon, Beaulieu

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think Scheifele is who he is. People keep saying all he needs is a kick in the rear and he'll go back to being an elite two-way center but the reality is, at his age and as long as his bad habits have been going on - I find it far more likely he's going to continue to just be a one-dimensional offensive player prone to lazy defensive effort and play - who doesn't look great out there when the puck isn't going in the net - which it hasn't been much this year.

Your past the point of selling high on him...not that you'd have ever wanted to deal peak younger Sheifele. But I actually think this summer is the perfect time for the Jets to go ahead and pull the trigger. That contract is the best thing you've got going for him in terms of value if your the Jets. Dealing him this summer lets you leverage two full seasons of that value for assets in return and even after a tremendously poor year, its obvious he's still got name value. Past that - your just cutting into his term. And the Jets need a shake-up in the worst way. And already have a better, younger center on the roster in PLD.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Necas, Trocheck, Scott Morrow, 1st for Scheifele and E. Svechnikov

If Chevy were offered this deal he should not let Waddell off the phone until he's personally delivered Schefiele to the front door of PNC Arena.

Scheifele still has plenty of value but to grab:
- A blue chip young NHLer with top line upside who already was pacing for a 60 point season
- Another center the same age as Scheifele who is scoring at nearly the same pace and also offers a useful two-way grind game
- A prospect in Morrow who was just picked 40th overall and is trashing Hockey East as a rookie
- and another first?

Are you sure you want to do this, Carolina fan? Does Andrei need his bro in Raleigh with him that badly?

Reactions: majormajor

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Rather do Copp/Stasny retained for Barron/pick as Barron would fit our retool better.
Avs would need to send money back your way to make the cap work, hence Compher being included. As for Barron, I'm pretty sure Sakic wouldn't move him for rentals.

NotTheRocketman

Jul 13, 2021
I don't follow the Jets closely, but what is Scheifele's problem exactly? Is he fighting through an injury of some sorts? Is it literally just a motivational/mental issue on his end? When he's on his game, he can be a Top 10 center in the league; he's only 28 and he's on a solid contract as well, so even the thought of trading someone like him sounds crazy.

Reactions: north49er

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Cons :

- Defense, who needs it, right?
- Last name is notoriously hard to spell.
- Didn't say "hi" back to me when I saw him at a tennis court once.

Should be worth at least a 3rd Round pick, no?

Flybys galore
His name is FeFe
I didn’t get a high five from him when I was sitting beside the bench in Boston, I still harbour hard feelings for that! Trouba didn’t high five me either! Copp did, he can stay
Conditional 3rd at least

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
scheifele puts up a ppg at the most sought after position in hockey and is on a sweet sweet contract in a flat cap world, it would need to be for a star player or a package with some good prospects

Agreed. Scheifele is having a middling year by his standards but he is a legit #1 center that is still in his prime and on a great contract. Teams would pay out the nose for him. Jets need a culture change so he may be a casualty of that.

Reactions: Heldig

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Agreed. Scheifele is having a middling year by his standards but he is a legit #1 center that is still in his prime and on a great contract. Teams would pay out the nose for him. Jets need a culture change so he may be a casualty of that.
My sentiments exactly.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
congrats you some how made us worse in both the present and the future
Really? Glad your opinion is just your opinion.
Maybe we should do nothing and waste Connor, Ehlers, Hellebuyck, PLD, etc…
Yeah, that’s it.. we’ll just sit and watch Wheeler skate around, slower than a 90yr old, and listen to Scheifele explain how regardless on who his linemates are, he’s on the 1st line because he’s him.

Last edited:

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Copp and Dillon are just what the doctor ordered for Canucks depth, barring their handedness.

What would the ask be for each or both, in a presumed hockey trade?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Copp and Dillon are just what the doctor ordered for Canucks depth, barring their handedness.

What would the ask be for each or both, in a presumed hockey trade?
don't see us as good trading partners, if we trade copp we would most likely want picks so we can have capspace next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad