Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Just wanted to say that based only on an up-close look at two development camp workouts, Lemieux looks like he has the makings of a pro.

I have heard a lot of positive comments on Lemieux from posters observing the workouts and also from the other players in Camp, If these early results hold true, Lemieux may be climbing our prospect top 25 list in the near future...:handclap::yo:

edit .... happy with his recent signing on July 3rd.......

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't mind knowing that Bogo will be delivering pizzas in Buffalo fom now on.

Kane had to go.

Myers is better than Bogo by far.

Kane may be better than Stafford, depending on his injury status.

The extras deeply favour the Jets.

The extras will deeply favour the Jets if they turn out well enough. No matter how encouraging it may look now we still don't know for certain. I have to admit I am getting excited by the potential but certainty is still in the future.

Oh ..... and Kane is better than Stafford even when he is playing injured .... AINEC.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Not to mention, by the time Armia, Lemieux and Roslovic are fully entrenched in the Jets lineup, Kane may well have gotten to UFA and chosen another team/city than Buffalo.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Well if Kane pops 30 goals next year and Armia spends another year playing average hockey with the moose we will see how confident we all are that we "won" the trade ;)

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
If Stafford can pop 20-25, I don't care if Kane gets 30. There are enough other parts that will help this be a good trade. Like I said, by the time the other parts are breaking in/contributing, kane may well have chased the big$$$ in a big market.

I fully expect he will go that route.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Kane got 5+ for one 30 goal season if he has another 30 goal season in his mind when he becomes a ufa he'll want 7-8

Kane's currently on pace to have a more productive career than Ladd, Little, Wheeler, and Scheifele. Of course he's going to get paid. There's a lot of things I don't like about his game, but he's going to score a lot of goals over the next decade.

There's been so much talk of how the Jets are this big, fast, bruising team. Honestly, I thought the label kind of wore off a bit after he was moved, most evident in the playoffs. We absolutely missed his presence on the forecheck, PK (a SH threat).

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Kane's currently on pace to have a more productive career than anyone on the Jets. Of course he's going to get paid. There's a lot of things I don't like about his game, but he's going to score a lot of goals over the next decade.

I think Ladd, Wheeler and Little might have something to say about this. I love Kane, but you're selling these guys short, IMHO.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kane's currently on pace to have a more productive career than Ladd, Little, Wheeler, and Scheifele. Of course he's going to get paid. There's a lot of things I don't like about his game, but he's going to score a lot of goals over the next decade.

There's been so much talk of how the Jets are this big, fast, bruising team. Honestly, I thought the label kind of wore off a bit after he was moved, most evident in the playoffs. We absolutely missed his presence on the forecheck, PK (a SH threat).

The physical part I tend to agree with, Bogo and Kane were big parts of that identity.

The productive part I guess we'll see. I am not sure how many 70 game seasons he has left in his body let alone 82. Productively is one factor but on balance I would take at least 5 Jets ahead of him right now not counting the prospects.

He could get paid though as long as he keeps his nose clean. Terry doesn't mind overpaying when he falls in love with guys. It would help if he got back up to the magic number though (30).

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Kane's style of play will take a toll on his body, in the last 2 years he's missed 64 games. He has never played a 82 game season. Kane's career high is 57 points as compared to Ladd whose is 62 and Little whose is 64. Kane has a long way to go before you would be able to compare him to those two.

jetkarma*

Both Kane and Bogo represent legitimate injury risks .

Hard to fault effort and I'm not but some players just can't stay healthy and that is a factor imo .

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Not according to the stats, he's not:

Name|Gm|G|A|P|G60|A60|P60|PenD|CF%|PDO|PSh%|ZSO%Rel|TOI/Gm
Blake.Wheeler|556|103|150|253|0.84|1.22|2.05|-14|52.28|101.01|9.86|3.76|13.3
Andrew.Ladd|747|140|173|313|0.89|1.1|2|-29|53.42|99.92|10.5|-1.11|12.58
Evander.Kane|360|77|80|157|0.9|0.93|1.83|12|50.55|99.46|8.09|4.8|14.32
Bryan.Little|559|90|131|221|0.73|1.06|1.79|55|51.03|100.49|11.25|1.33|13.28
Mark.Scheifele|160|22|36|58|0.6|0.97|1.57|32|50.97|101.14|9.87|-1.6|13.86

He's outpacing Little by a smidge, but both Ladd and Wheeler have better P/60 rates than Kane. He's outpacing Scheifele by a large margin - if you want to pit a 5 year vet against a rookie, I guess that's a win. Kane also has the lowest Corsi, and heaviest o-zone deployment of the players you've mentioned (though they're all good positive CF% players).

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

IMO Kane will never be more than a top-line winger, which is what Ladd and Wheeler are right now. Unlike McDavid, Eichel doesn't has the same set of elite play-making abilities to turn him into a perennial 40+ goal guy. I honestly think we won that trade by sheer virtue of Buffalo losing the lottery, because they won't be maximizing the value of Kane anywhere near as much.

As for the second part of your post, lol, did you even watch that series? The reason we got stomped is because of a skill mismatch, not because Anaheim outplayed us physically. If anything, we needed more Ehlers and Petan and less Ladd and Kane.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Kane is within 40 career goals of Little & Wheeler who are 4,5 years older respectively. He's got 5+ seasons to make up 200 points on Ladd.
I don't think it's a stretch to say he'll post career bests in Buffalo. It will be the first time in his career he's played with a legit #1/2C. It never happened here.

Last edited:

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Though a part of me wishes Kane was still with us (and that he never wished to leave the Jets), in the end I am happy with the young studs we've received, and hope they all become corner stone players for us in the future.

Adding Lemieux, Armia and Roslovic added 3 great players to our already deep pool of prospects.

The Jets are gonna be a team to be reckoned with in the future.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Kane is within 40 career goals of Little & Wheeler who are 4,5 years older respectively. He's got 5+ seasons to make up 200 points on Ladd.
Next year will be the first time in his career he's played with a legit #1/#2C. It never happened here.

Or he might not - it'll be interesting to see if his propensity to create points on his own continues. If so, he could find himself working his way down the lineup as happened here.

If he continues to score at the pace he's scoring, he'll never catch Ladd on points, BTW. Total goals/pts aren't that interesting to me, as it depends on TOI - P/60, G/60 and A/60 are more telling. Ladd, Kane and Wheeler are clustered very closely together on G/60, but much further apart on P/60.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
^ He only needs to average 15 goals a season over the next 5 to pass Ladd's current career mark.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I don't think it's a stretch to say he'll post career bests in Buffalo. It will be the first time in his career he's played with a legit #1/2C. It never happened here.

If he stays healthy he for surely can. No worries though as he is not on our team any longer. interesting watching the comparisons though :popcorn:

I personally believe we have received a very good return for him and bogo.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
^ He only needs to average 15 goals a season over the next 5 to pass Ladd's current career mark.

Ok, great. I assume that Ladd hasn't dropped of the planet in the meantime, and is probably still scoring at a 20-30G rate. Not sure what the point is.

Here's my rebuttal - Kane will never match Ladd's total points, based on his P/60 rate.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Ok, great. I assume that Ladd hasn't dropped of the planet in the meantime, and is probably still scoring at a 20-30G rate. Not sure what the point is.

Here's my rebuttal - Kane will never match Ladd's total points, based on his P/60 rate.

Ladd if he signs an extension will continue to play with Little and maybe Wheeler getting 1st or 2nd line time. Don't know who Kane is going to play with. Again because of the style Kane plays injuries are bound to happen and that alone will be the cause of Kane not catching Ladd in points.

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Ladd if he signs an extension will continue to play with Little and maybe Wheeler getting 1st or 2nd line time. Don't know who Kane is going to play with. Again because of the style Kane plays injuries are bound to happen and that alone will be the cause of Kane not catching Ladd in points.

Kane probably plays with O'Reilly on the top line this year, with Eichel being sheltered on the second line. After that, Eichel will probably be his mainstay center for the duration of his tenure in Buffalo. Bylsma seems smart enough not to thrust Eichel into that role right away.

No idea who slots at RW alongside those two. I'm quite surprised Murray wasn't more aggressive on Frolik, tbh. He'd be a perfect fit on that team.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
IMO Kane will never be more than a top-line winger, which is what Ladd and Wheeler are right now. Unlike McDavid, Eichel doesn't has the same set of elite play-making abilities to turn him into a perennial 40+ goal guy. I honestly think we won that trade by sheer virtue of Buffalo losing the lottery, because they won't be maximizing the value of Kane anywhere near as much.

Ladd and Wheeler are 28-29 years old. When Wheeler was Kane's age when Kane last played an NHL game Wheeler hadn't even started his NHL career. When Ladd was the same age, he was a 4th line player putting up 10-20 points a season. Nuff said

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Ladd and Wheeler are 28-29 years old. When Wheeler was Kane's age when Kane last played an NHL game Wheeler hadn't even started his NHL career. When Ladd was the same age, he was a 4th line player putting up 10-20 points a season. Nuff said

Kane's been in the NHL for six seasons. Just because Wheeler took a long route because of college and Ladd was buried on the deepest forward corps in post-lockout history to start off of his career, while Kane was by all means rushed by the Thrashers fresh off the draft, you're gonna hold it against them?

I don't see why Kane has any more pedigree than them, tbh, when all three were top-5 picks who have ultimately not lived up to the hype.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
^ Kane had way better junior numbers than Ladd. 48 goals in 61 games in his draft year. Ladd only scored one more goal (49) in his draft year & draft+1 season combined (136 games).

Last edited:

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
^ Kane had way better junior numbers than Ladd. 48 goals in 61 games in his draft year. Ladd only scored one more goal (49) in his draft year & draft+1 season combined (136 games).

Yeah, and Ladd was always touted as a much stronger two-way player with better play-making abilities......which holds true until now. Kane has a chronic case of tunnel vision-itis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad