Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The thing with Kane is, they want him to score goals. But he is awful at finding the areas of the ice he needs to go when playing with a playmaker. You compare him to a guy like Little, there's no wonder why he's got 25 goals. Kane will be playing with Reinhart or McEichel, so unless he magically becomes a different player, I will be very surprised if he explodes.

I think Reinhart will do whatever it takes to help EK score. If they put the 2 together. That will work. The others will expect Kane to know what to do and how to do it. That won't work. Just my impression of Reinhart. He uses his linemates and gives them what they need. Most players are looking for their linemates to make them better.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
I think Reinhart will do whatever it takes to help EK score. If they put the 2 together. That will work. The others will expect Kane to know what to do and how to do it. That won't work. Just my impression of Reinhart. He uses his linemates and gives them what they need. Most players are looking for their linemates to make them better.

Reinhart is just an incredible talent. So intelligent. If there was ever anybody to get Kane to explode, it would probably be him. But I still doubt it happens.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Reinhart is just an incredible talent. So intelligent. If there was ever anybody to get Kane to explode, it would probably be him. But I still doubt it happens.

That will be up to Nolan I guess. The temptation will probably be to put him with McEichel initially but after 20 games he should figure out that Reinhart will be the better fit.

Watching the WJC I kept looking at Reinhart and wishing there was a way we could get him to play with Kane. Little did I know.:D I hope I still get to see that .... on HNIC, Buff at TO. I hope Kane has a nasty stomach flu when we play Buffalo. Although .... seeing him try some of his standard moves against Buff might be interesting. :)

blackrock

Feb 8, 2007
Hey guys - Buffalo fan here with a quick question:

Did Bogosian ever play the left side while he was in Winninpeg?

Thanks for any insight. Hoping Myers the best of luck with your team.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Yes. Bogo had a brief stint on the left side paired with Trouba.... It didn't go well.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Bogosian's numbers on the offside weren't bad at all, but the eye test he was.

It was a small sample and it was his first time on the offside, plus with a rookie (although good rookie) on top of it all.

Take of it what you want.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Some very good back and forth on the Kane thread about value but a few things to keep in mind.

Kane may well be the best player in the trade but Buffalo only has him locked up for 3 more seasons before he becomes a UFA. Does Buffalo get him into a long term deal? Maybe or maybe not? This is huge because this team is probably not doing much over the next few seasons so some might ask why would you want a player with 3 years term when your team is in a rebuild?

One other factor that concerned me more with Evander than most players was his style of play. I love his intensity, physicality, and how he will play through pain, but how many man games is he going to miss?

Throw in the distractions that may follow him and there is hair on this deal for the Sabers too.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
True, but if they stroke his ego enough, and if he matures enough, he may be enticed to stay on. Buffalo is pretty much nearly out of their rebuild. Their prospect pool is massively deep, and after this draft, they shouldn't need to go back to the cupboard as hard. Kane is young, and if they sell him on the future, he may want to stay around for it.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
True, but if they stroke his ego enough, and if he matures enough, he may be enticed to stay on. Buffalo is pretty much nearly out of their rebuild. Their prospect pool is massively deep, and after this draft, they shouldn't need to go back to the cupboard as hard. Kane is young, and if they sell him on the future, he may want to stay around for it.

They'll be good very quickly.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Maybe, maybe not? It's a risk for sure but he is an asset so if he doesn't extend they can trade him in a few seasons I suppose.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Some very good back and forth on the Kane thread about value but a few things to keep in mind.

Kane may well be the best player in the trade but Buffalo only has him locked up for 3 more seasons before he becomes a UFA. Does Buffalo get him into a long term deal? Maybe or maybe not? This is huge because this team is probably not doing much over the next few seasons so some might ask why would you want a player with 3 years term when your team is in a rebuild?

One other factor that concerned me more with Evander than most players was his style of play. I love his intensity, physicality, and how he will play through pain, but how many man games is he going to miss?

Throw in the distractions that may follow him and there is hair on this deal for the Sabres too.

Certainly no clear winning in this trade yet, at first I liked it a lot.....after watching Staff for the balance of the season, two prospects, etc.....looking much closer now. Let's see how Kane does next year.

jetkarma*

Certainly no clear winning in this trade yet, at first I liked it a lot.....after watching Staff for the balance of the season, two prospects, etc.....looking much closer now. Let's see how Kane does next year.

Jets made the playoffs , that would npt have happened it it weren't for this trade imo .

If making the playoffs is a plus , we won the very short term , can't see how that is even a question .

We'll now see the mid term and await the long term. I don't see any reason to not feel positive about how those will go , but we'll see .

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Jets made the playoffs , that would npt have happened it it weren't for this trade imo .

If making the playoffs is a plus , we won the very short term , can't see how that is even a question .

We'll now see the mid term and await the long term. I don't see any reason to not feel positive about how those will go , but we'll see .

You define it very oddly. Short term? Who cares about getting swept if it means losing a 30 goal guy (Bogo/Myers is a wash). We need those prospects/pick to turn out or we lost big time. Time will tell.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Kane was gone regardless. He wasn't going to be playing for the Jets again. The fact that we are even arguing about whether or not we won the deal means we won the deal afaic given the circumstances...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Kane was gone regardless. He wasn't going to be playing for the Jets again. The fact that we are even arguing about whether or not we won the deal means we won the deal afaic given the circumstances...

Not a bad way to look at it. Even taking in the circumstances I think we came out on top. Of course we won't know to what extend for a few years yet. But in the short term it is nice having the 2nd first round pick in 10 days. That adds a little to the fun around the draft.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
You define it very oddly. Short term? Who cares about getting swept if it means losing a 30 goal guy (Bogo/Myers is a wash). We need those prospects/pick to turn out or we lost big time. Time will tell.
Hmmm, a very oddly crafted response, full of false equivalencies and conclusions:
1)The Jets organization, players and most of us cared deeply that the Jets made the playoffs, even if they got swept.
2)Myers is better, cheaper and more durable than Bogo.
3)Even if the prospects/picks don't all work out, getting the best player in the trade, securing a PO position, likely securing Stafford for the next few years, for the price of losing a disruptive (albeit talented) force who would have left the nanosecond he was a UFA, is not a "big time loss". Most objective people would describe the trade as an inspired move under difficult circumstances.

My memory must be failing me....tell us again what you think of Chevy as a GM, of his trading history and general, and then whether you think that bias may have affected your view of this trade. :sarcasm:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Hmmm, a very oddly crafted response, full of false equivalencies and conclusions:
1)The Jets organization, players and most of us cared deeply that the Jets made the playoffs, even if they got swept.
3)Even if the prospects/picks don't all work out, getting the best player in the trade, securing a PO position, likely securing Stafford for the next few years, for the price of losing a disruptive (albeit talented) force who would have left the nanosecond he was a UFA, is not a "big time loss". Most objective people would describe the trade as an inspired move under difficult circumstances.

My memory must be failing me....tell us again what you think of Chevy as a GM, of his trading history and general, and then whether you think that bias may have affected your view of this trade. :sarcasm:

At this point the trade looks like a win: Myers > Bogo, and Stafford helped Jets make the playoffs, and the Jets got promising prospects and a 1st round pick. But Kane hasn't played a game for the Sabres yet, and the prospects involved are still magic beans. Let's check back in a year or two or five...

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
At this point the trade looks like a win: Myers > Bogo, and Stafford helped Jets make the playoffs, and the Jets got promising prospects and a 1st round pick. But Kane hasn't played a game for the Sabres yet, and the prospects involved are still magic beans. Let's check back in a year or two or five...

True, but that does not diminish the current value of said assets. You could package our extra first round pick, along with Lemieux and probably get a healthy return today.

For me, it does not matter what Kane does over in Buffalo. His production came at a cost of team chemistry and I believe this to be a character flaw with Kane, one that isn't going away any time soon.

But if we retain Stafford on a palatable deal, and any one of Armia, Lemieux or the extra 1st pan out to becoming a top 6 forward for us, then IMO we win the deal easily.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Sorry but I look at things (or try to) objectively without my home glasses on always, I know not everyone favors that approach.

1) I'm happy we made the playoffs, but if the cost is a 25-30 goal man each year we won't make them very often. I don't care if I or you like a player or not, it's about asset management.

2) While like you I like Myers better than Bogo, but I'm wise enough to say they got a very good player in Bogo. Saying Myers is clearly the better player is too far imo. That's a very subjective evaluation that I won't make. Many fans outside of the Peg (without their Jets hats on) believe Bogo is the better player. I'll say it's very close, both are good players, depending on what you value most. Over the last 6 years Myers has played a whopping 22 games more or less than 4 games more per season depending how you want to look at it. Both Dman are good, but bring different things to the team.

3) We got the best player in the trade? Funny not many share your opinion including the majority of hockey experts. Kane was the best player in that trade and I'm no fan of Kane but I'm objective enough to realize that.

You seem to value Staff more than many, which is fine. I see him as a ok 3rd liner with poor defensive & procession numbers. If we sign him on a very good contract, ok.....if we pay him like a 2nd line winger that's very bad.

Chevy trading history? Average at best.

Seto - Trade was brutal

Frolik - Good

Kane/Bogo - Yet to be seen, ok at moment could get worse if prospects fail and depending how Kane plays.

Budaj - Million dollar goalie who sucked.

Harrison - Gave up little for a plug. Saw off

Lee - I liked this trade

Tlusty - Bust trade

As you can see pretty mixed bag for trading history. Hardly one that I would hang my hat on and claim he's great at trading. He's done ok, but hardly blown me away, maybe you have lower standards which is fine.

Let's see how he does this summer which is a hugely important.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Agreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad