Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
I like what I see in Meyers and Stafford but I miss Bogo. I even miss the way Kane plays. Someone else mentioned it, but our style/team is to be big, fast, hit and be aggressive. Sure we still hit, but Bogo and Kane were all of the above, big, fast, aggressive and they liked to hit. We still play like that, but with those two it was even more so. I'm sure teams even more so would be keeping their heads up with those two in the lineup.

I totally understand what you mean. I think the Chevy and PoMo went out of their way to set up this culture of Big, Fast, Strong mentality by focusing on players that had all three. With that culture now in place, they can now go after other players, and hope that they bring they're set of tools while picking up the ethos of the new team. (esp. with Meyers and Tlusty).

Or it's just the T3s takin' over and it may be time for bed soon...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I totally understand what you mean. I think the Chevy and PoMo went out of their way to set up this culture of Big, Fast, Strong mentality by focusing on players that had all three. With that culture now in place, they can now go after other players, and hope that they bring they're set of tools while picking up the ethos of the new team. (esp. with Meyers and Tlusty).

Or it's just the T3s takin' over and it may be time for bed soon...

I like what I see in Meyers and Stafford but I miss Bogo. I even miss the way Kane plays. Someone else mentioned it, but our style/team is to be big, fast, hit and be aggressive. Sure we still hit, but Bogo and Kane were all of the above, big, fast, aggressive and they liked to hit. We still play like that, but with those two it was even more so. I'm sure teams even more so would be keeping their heads up with those two in the lineup.

Boys I saw John Mayer in concert and he was overrated

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Tyler Myers has more than made up for Bogo. Atleast 2 games he got us a 1 or 2 points by changing the momentum through a complete individual effort. When this trade went down everybody was assessing it under the assuption that Kane was the best player in the trade, what is Myers is the best player involved in the trade?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Not only that, but we might have doubled the teams average IQ post trade.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Not only that, but we might have doubled the teams average IQ post trade.

Thus in lies one of the keys for us.

I hated seeing Kane "the player" go but the situation blew up and Chevy did what he had to do IMO. We definitively lost some team toughness but it appears we had some to spare. In the short term Chevy has done a heck of a job price/value wise welding together options for the run to the playoffs. When the music stops on this season and next year we are looking at Myers, Armia, Lemieux, and the 2015 late 1st for a Kane and Bogo we may feel differently but for now full speed ahead. That is under the assumption we don't get Stafford extended.

So far Myers has exceeded my expectations but its a small sample size in Winnipeg.

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
You don't lose team toughness by losing individual players it is a style of play and a mindset. I don't thing the Jets lost any toughness at all. Did they lose players that like to hit more? Sure, but I don't think it effected their team toughness at all. Hitting isn't the only thing that goes into toughness it isn't a measurable star like hits.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Myers is looking just as good as Sabres fans promised us.

Agreed. Really impressed w/ him so far (in the tiny sample size), hoping we can keep our monster RHD corps together for next season w/o breaking the bank.

Hope Stafford wants to re-up for a salary that won't break the bank... probably pretty nice coming to Winnipeg and immediately ramping up for the playoffs.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
After the trade people were saying Myers for Bogosian was a wash.

But, from what I've seen, Myers looks like the better player.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Tyler Myers has more than made up for Bogo. Atleast 2 games he got us a 1 or 2 points by changing the momentum through a complete individual effort. When this trade went down everybody was assessing it under the assuption that Kane was the best player in the trade, what is Myers is the best player involved in the trade?

I completely agree that Myers is the best player in the trade. Actually by a pretty wide margin.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
After the trade people were saying Myers for Bogosian was a wash.

But, from what I've seen, Myers looks like the better player.

Scores more, hits less. Better or different?

I'm still calling it a wash but more style points to Myers. Still don't see us keeping Trouba+Buff+Myers going forward for the long term - going to be too much salary tied up on RHD for it to happen.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I really like Myers and am happy to have him.

He and Bogosian are starkly different players and both have their attractive qualities and drawbacks. They would make a helluva pairing probably.

I miss Kane. Don't really care what anyone thinks. I loved his effort, swagger and passion.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I really like Myers and am happy to have him.

He and Bogosian are starkly different players and both have their attractive qualities and drawbacks. They would make a helluva pairing probably.

I miss Kane. Don't really care what anyone thinks. I loved his effort, swagger and passion.

I really thought I would agree with the bolded.
I had Kane's back all along, and really didn't see an issue with a lot of his antics.

But something changed in the way everything ended.
I don't miss Kane. I miss what he brought on the ice, but it got to the point where it just wasn't worth it any more.

I thought I'd wish him the best and move on, but unlike a Seguin where things just didn't work out. I feel like he was the reason it didn't work out. It was a bad fit because he made it a bad fit.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I had Kane's back all along, and really didn't see an issue with a lot of his antics.

I don't miss Kane. I miss what he brought on the ice, but it got to the point where it just wasn't worth it any more.

I thought I'd wish him the best and move on, but unlike a Seguin where things just didn't work out. I feel like he was the reason it didn't work out. It was a bad fit because he made it a bad fit.

I miss Kane on the ice. Loved most of his game. I don't think that will change. Kane for Myers, we win. Bogo for a rental and a bunch of futures I'm not so sure. Lets see what we get for that 1st.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I miss Kane on the ice. Loved most of his game. I don't think that will change. Kane for Myers, we win. Bogo for a rental and a bunch of futures I'm not so sure. Lets see what we get for that 1st.

Who knows on this? I believe Chevy will get him signed and he will be a Jet for 4-5 more years. And the futures are damn promising.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Who knows on this? I believe Chevy will get him signed and he will be a Jet for 4-5 more years. And the futures are damn promising.

Chevy may sign all or none of our pending UFAs. Any that he does sign would theoretically have been available to us as FAs anyway so I prefer to just think of them as rentals until they are signed. I'm not convinced on the futures. Armia appears to be severely injury prone and there are questions about Lemieux. Not saying they are not going to be good, only that it is too soon to say. With the strength of the '15 draft class I am optimistic for the pick. It alone could turn the deal into a win. Bottom line is that we will probably not know for at least 2 years.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Player|14/15|15/16|16/17|17/18|18/19|19/20
Evander Kane|6|6|6|6|6|UFA
Zach Bogosian|4|5.25|5.25|6|6|6
Tyler Myers|5|5|4|3.5|3|UFA
Drew Stafford @ 50%|2|UFA
Savings in USD|3|6.25|7.25|8.5|9|6

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

I never really watched Myers in Buffalo. Watched him 3 games here to e able to tell he's the best player in the trade. Took some flack for deciding so soon, but it's true. He is.

pondnorth

Dec 16, 2005

Good post,I see it the same way.

ZeroPT*

He probably is the best player of the deal as of right now. Bogosian has been outstanding and has dragged around Andre Benoit which is an anchor (putting it nicely. He's ****) I think they're arguably a wash. Both are studs in their own right. I think Bogo with more responsibility and playing big minutes has been benificial to him.

That said, if Kane can come in and explode (I think we all agree that he can) that'd make it very interesting. Glad to hear that Myers is looking good. One thing I don't miss is the constant Myers bashing on main boards and a bunch of dumbasses pulling crap out of their ***** withiut actually watching him. We got laughed at for calling him a top pairing shutdown D-man. But he is. And he will likely "blow up" and then all of canadian media will see that he's good! Because points.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
He probably is the best player of the deal as of right now. Bogosian has been outstanding and has dragged around Andre Benoit which is an anchor (putting it nicely. He's ****) I think they're arguably a wash. Both are studs in their own right. I think Bogo with more responsibility and playing big minutes has been benificial to him.

That said, if Kane can come in and explode (I think we all agree that he can) that'd make it very interesting. Glad to hear that Myers is looking good. One thing I don't miss is the constant Myers bashing on main boards and a bunch of dumbasses pulling crap out of their ***** withiut actually watching him. We got laughed at for calling him a top pairing shutdown D-man. But he is. And he will likely "blow up" and then all of canadian media will see that he's good! Because points.

Yes, I'm on board with pretty much all of this.

bazaaa*

I miss both of them because they play the style we try to play.
Kane will never reach his potential though. He'll just be a hard nosed, max effort player, but will never be an elite scorer. I think he'll be a 20-25 goal scorer, 25 being the high end.

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
The thing with Kane is, they want him to score goals. But he is awful at finding the areas of the ice he needs to go when playing with a playmaker. You compare him to a guy like Little, there's no wonder why he's got 25 goals. Kane will be playing with Reinhart or McEichel, so unless he magically becomes a different player, I will be very surprised if he explodes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad