Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I'm going to call it right now.

The Jets won that trade, hands-down. Myers is better than Bogosian, and Kane will never be the superstar that Buffalo hopes he will be. Throw in Armia and Lemieux, and we have a fleecing.

Roslovic will play a major role in the Jets fleecing Buffalo when this trade is discussed years from now.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
[table="head]Player|Team|GP|G|A|PTS|+/-|PIM
E.Kane|BUF|8|1|2|3|-5|2
D.Stafford|WPG|8|5|2|7|+1|4
Z.Bogosian|BUF|0|0|0|0|0|0
T.Myers|WPG|8|0|2|2|-1|6[/table]

Trade Impact on 2015-16 Season
[table="head]Team|GP|G|A|PTS|+/-|PIM
BUF|8|1|2|3|-5|2
WPG|16|5|4|9|0|10
[/table]

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Roslovic will play a major role in the Jets fleecing Buffalo when this trade is discussed years from now.

For such a "blockbuster" this deal has been a non event. The biggest impact so far has been the Jets unloading those horrible contracts.

I do think you might be right about Roslovic though. The kid is off to hell of a start at Miami, which is very impressive considering the jump from USHL to NCAA.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
For such a "blockbuster" this deal has been a non event. The biggest impact so far has been the Jets unloading those horrible contracts.

I do think you might be right about Roslovic though. The kid is off to hell of a start at Miami, which is very impressive considering the jump from USHL to NCAA.

I think Myers and Stafford have had a pretty big impact on the Jets.
Not sure how its a non-event.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Myers has been just ok (at best). Stafford was UFA. His impact last season could be figured into the deal, but not this season.

I've liked Myers a lot.

And wrt Stafford, I am very skeptical that he is on the team this year if we hadn't traded for him last year.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I agree that can't include anything for Stafford past last season.
No telling whether or not Stafford would have signed here otherwise.
Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't, but Buffalo wasn't trading Stafford's current contract.

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
I agree that can't include anything for Stafford past last season.
No telling whether or not Stafford would have signed here otherwise.
Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't, but Buffalo wasn't trading Stafford's current contract.

I factor Stafford into evaluating the trade. If you read the recent In Flight program, it talks about the playoff run, atmosphere in the mts centre, and his teammates, being big factors in choosing to sign here. Stafford (love him or hate him) doesn't sign here as a UFA without first playing here.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I factor Stafford into evaluating the trade. If you read the recent In Flight program, it talks about the playoff run, atmosphere in the mts centre, and his teammates, being big factors in choosing to sign here. Stafford (love him or hate him) doesn't sign here as a UFA without first playing here.

yup.
needle in the haystack vs staying with a team you're comfy with.
Stafford himself said that the decision was involving his wife and kids and what they wanted.
and you know what? even if he walked? i still like the trade. 1 of the 3 prospects will stick with the Jets, if not 2. 1 may have a significant role. and Myers has been OK this year. not dynamic, tho. but Bogo's been...injured. again.

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Did I read this right or is Kane now out 4 to 6 weeks with an injury?

How much worse can it get in hindsight for Buffalo...

At least they have Eichel.

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Myers has been just ok (at best). Stafford was UFA. His impact last season could be figured into the deal, but not this season.

How has Myers been just ok? Maurice plays him a ton and every game Myers rushes the puck dynamically at least a couple times. He's comfortable pushing the offense.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Did I read this right or is Kane now out 4 to 6 weeks with an injury?

How much worse can it get in hindsight for Buffalo...

At least they have Eichel.

Oh...you heard it right. Out 4-6 weeks with sprained knee, but no surgery required. There's a bright side though - now Bylsma will HAVE to put someone else on Eichel's wing...someone that won't keep the puck from him. Silver linings, I know...I take what I can get when I follow a team that has never won a Cup. Send your sympathy cards via PM. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I get that argument but we got Stafford as a rental and that was his 'book value' in the trade. The fact we were then able to re-sign him when we MIGHT not have been otherwise is like measuring the intangibles when evaluating players. It is there and we all know it is there but exactly how much value do you put on it?

Evaluating that trade is still going to have to wait a few years. Right now it looks like a massive win for the Jets but it just hasn't been long enough yet. Myers and Stafford are both subject to injury too. Armia and Lemieux still have red flags. Roslovic is looking really good but he is at least a couple of years away.

Stafford has been great on the RW with good defensive players. I had my doubts but he is being good value so far. Very happy with his play and I don't mean just the 5 goals.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
[table="head]Player|Team|GP|G|A|PTS|+/-|PIM
E.Kane|BUF|8|1|2|3|-5|2
D.Stafford|WPG|8|5|2|7|+1|4
Z.Bogosian|BUF|0|0|0|0|0|0
T.Myers|WPG|8|0|2|2|-1|6[/table]

Trade Impact on 2015-16 Season
[table="head]Team|GP|G|A|PTS|+/-|PIM
BUF|8|1|2|3|-5|2
WPG|16|5|4|9|0|10
[/table]

It cost us penalties :shakehead :sarcasm:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Has anybody heard anything about Bogo's injury? What is it and how long will he be out?

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Too early to tell about this trade.....I'm dissapointed Armia looks like a long time moose place holder at this point.
Stafford is a solid NHL player nothing more
Kane is a streaky goal scorer that is very physical but not easy to play with
Myers is a very very good player
Bogo is a very good player who is hurt way to often that won't change
All the futures the jets got are still big ????
Salary part favors the jets

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No leaks out of Buffalo. He might have even suffered a UBI while out on his LBI. Last actual news was about a week ago when he returned to practice with a red no-contact jersey on. He practiced for two days and has not been on the ice again...:shakehead

That is not good. Sorry to hear it. I would prefer that both Bogo and Kane were giving good value and fans of both teams were happy. Nothing wrong with a win/win. At least until we are playing each other. Then I want to see Kane shooting at Hutch's logo and taking dumb penalties, Bogo scoring own goals and missing checks at the blueline. :):laugh:

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Oh...you heard it right. Out 4-6 weeks with sprained knee, but no surgery required. There's a bright side though - now Bylsma will HAVE to put someone else on Eichel's wing...someone that won't keep the puck from him. Silver linings, I know...I take what I can get when I follow a team that has never won a Cup. Send your sympathy cards via PM. :laugh:

My condolences.

I liked Kane - always did and still does play very fast and disruptive game. If he could learn to control the power (which I thought he would by now, which is partially why I was sad to see him go originally) he could be a good weapon. So far what I've seen though its the same thing - exciting breakthrough - useless play.

He really didn't like Winnipeg so best for him to leave but I always felt like he actually gave a sht when he played despite that. However, with he AND Bogosian being injured, the trade is looking even better than it already did.

I think you bring up a good point though! Let's see how Eichel does with someone maybe a little more refined.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
yup.
needle in the haystack vs staying with a team you're comfy with.
Stafford himself said that the decision was involving his wife and kids and what they wanted.
and you know what? even if he walked? i still like the trade. 1 of the 3 prospects will stick with the Jets, if not 2. 1 may have a significant role. and Myers has been OK this year. not dynamic, tho. but Bogo's been...injured. again.

Nope.

Sure it increased the chance of him signing but that's still an unknown that exists in every trade and you can't add that..

Buffalo didn't give up those years. We got him from UFA. Yes his re signing was a nice byproduct of the trade, but that's it, a convenient thing in the side.

Stafford was included as a rental that the Jets hoped to turn in a regular player, and did so successfully.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
At this moment Kane and Bogo are not playing who know when they play again, Stafford and Myers are contributing to the Jets easy win for the Jets. Kane has 2 year left after this year and he'll be out of Buffalo as fast as he can or be traded, no slight on Buffalo.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
So fine then. At the time of the trade, Kane was a non-player for us. We got Stafford...who was a player for us. We won that. We also got Myers for Bogo...and as it turns out Bogo is injured again and isn't playing and actually I think Myers is at least as good and IS playing for us. Now Kane is out again (and yapping about how things sucked here to boot) and Stafford is still playing for us and scoring goals. I don't know...I thought at the time it was an amazing deal for us simply because it almost felt like we got something for nothing given that Kane wasn't coming back either way. Now, it looks like a slam dunk.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I was just saying how one should go about analyzing the trade, not giving my own opinion on it one way or the other.

It's like when people say you can't judge drafting until 5 years after... No that's hindsight. You have to go with the information that was available at the time.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I always thought Reinhart would be the better C for Kane. Came from watching the WJC. Reinhart will figure out what will make Kane most effective and find a way to give him that. Just my impression of the kind of player Reinhart is. Note: Not necessarily giving Kane what he wants. Giving him what he needs. And I don't mean a good swift kick in the butt. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad