Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
^ Kane had way better junior numbers than Ladd. 48 goals in 61 games in his draft year. Ladd only scored one more goal (49) in his draft year & draft+1 season combined (136 games).

What Kane did in Juniors means nothing to his NHL career and what he might do in the future is speculative, based on one very strong season, followed by an injury plagued and checkered experience with the Jets.
And frankly, comparing him to our #1 LW, captain, a player with a sustained record of production and longevity, respected for his leadership league-wide, is almost offensive.
Besides, the trade had nothing to do with Ladd. Kane's production over the next 3 years (which is as long as he would have played in Wpg) will have to be compared to Stafford's over the next 2 years,, Armia's, Lemieux's and Roslovic's, over the course of their careers, along with that fraction of Myers' career which is better than Bogo's.
That's the only comparison that matters.

jetkarma*

What Kane did in Juniors means nothing to his NHL career and what he might do in the future is speculative, based on one very strong season,

To be fair he's scored at a pretty high level . The lockout year that followed his 30 goal season shouldn't be dismissed , and yes he get's hurt but the following season he was at a near 30 goal pace again .

I like the trade but I am not dismissing EK9's game . If he fit in here I'd love him or a player like that . I think if he's healthy and his team makes the playoff , he'd be a warrior.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
To be fair he's scored at a pretty high level . The lockout year that followed his 30 goal season shouldn't be dismissed , and yes he get's hurt but the following season he was at a near 30 goal pace again .

I like the trade but I am not dismissing EK9's game . If he fit in here I'd love him or a player like that . I think if he's healthy and his team makes the playoff , he'd be a warrior.
Yes, Kane is a talented player and clearly was valued highly by Murray, judging by the return he garnered in trade.
I was mostly reacting to the comparison with Ladd, which is irrelevant to the trade and inappropriate for a whole bunch of other reasons, which will be enumerated in the press conference announcing Ladd's re-signing in the next short while.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Honestly it doesn't really matter how many goals he scores on Buffalo. Whether that be 30, 40, 50, 124, or 6000 it was never going to happen here.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kane couldn't continue to play with the Jets this past season, or in the future. There is no way he would re-sign with us when his contract runs out in 3 years. He might not re-sign with the Sabres, either. The Jets got a decent top-9 winger and three good futures for him. It's unlikely that any of the pieces the Jets received will be as good as Kane, but if a couple of those futures turn into NHLers, this will be a very good trade for the Jets.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm not really going to dive into this with both feet again except to say that we lost a lot of physical presence when we traded Kane and Bogosian for Myers and Stafford.

I do understand the injury risks etc, but I hope the org. can continue to find ways to replenish that physical play. Guys like Lowry certainly help :)

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I'm not really going to dive into this with both feet again except to say that we lost a lot of physical presence when we traded Kane and Bogosian for Myers and Stafford.

I do understand the injury risks etc, but I hope the org. can continue to find ways to replenish that physical play. Guys like Lowry certainly help :)

There is a bit of a universal movement around the NHL that is focussing more on skill then they are in grit and physicality back. We have enough players that are ohysical. We don't really need Kane or Bogo in that regard. We definitely needed more high end skill and if we got that with Myers will remain to be seen. I have no doubt that the guy can be an exceptional offensive DMan in the years to come.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
There is a bit of a universal movement around the NHL that is focussing more on skill then they are in grit and physicality back. We have enough players that are ohysical. We don't really need Kane or Bogo in that regard. We definitely needed more high end skill and if we got that with Myers will remain to be seen. I have no doubt that the guy can be an exceptional offensive DMan in the years to come.

Kane would hit EVERYTHING in the other uni and played hurt all the time. Was the fastest skater on a very fast skating team and arguably the toughest and best pure scorer. Kane will do well in Buffalo with PP and lots of time with ROR or JE.

Having said that, I liked and still like the trade. Lemieux will play on the team one day (3rd line?) and so will Armia. Roslovic looks like a keeper and Myers had more ice time than any D on the Jets after he came here. Stafford played well with Wheeler and Scheifele and that line put up a lot of points at the end of the season. Plus, Kane did force a trade, no?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
He is from Winnipeg, maybe we did him a favor moving him to an organization were he will have better opportunity.

If he explodes and develops into a better goalie than what we have in our system, it will really hurt knowing we let go of a home town tender, like really hurt.

It was a good risk to take.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
It was a good risk to take.

Yep, and I wouldn't even consider it a risk. He was fifth at best on our goalie depth chart, more likely sixth when you consider the emergence of Jamie Phillips. I'd be disappointed if Kasdorf was just a thrown in piece done as a favour, but if he actually had meaningful value to Murray, Chevy did the right thing.

Not saying there isn't a chance that Kasdorf becomes a quality NHL goalie, but I'd say there's an even better chance that he never makes it in the NHL.

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
To me, Kasdorf is very comparable to Jussi Olkinuora. I believe the Jets may have shipped out the slightly better prospect, but that is still #4 (at best) on our depth chart.
Hellebuyck, Comrie, Hutchinson, Olki/Phillips. The Jets gave Kasdorf a fighting chance. That's a 'solid' move by a classy organization.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Kasdorf becomes a good NHL goalie, it will provide further weight to the axiom: "goalie prospects are voodoo".

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Might have been mentioned on another thread recently but...

Just noticed that Bogo hasn't played a game for Buffalo this season yet. I think that was part of the problem with him was that he'd go in and out of the lineup.

This on a night where Stafford potted 2!

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Kane hurt his leg too in the last game. As much as I love Kane, his style tends to lead to a few more bumps and bruises.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I'm going to call it right now.

The Jets won that trade, hands-down. Myers is better than Bogosian, and Kane will never be the superstar that Buffalo hopes he will be. Throw in Armia and Lemieux, and we have a fleecing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad