Confirmed with Link: Jets/Buffalo Blockbuster! part II (Kane and Bogo)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Well played Bogo, sad a site mocking a player who gets injured.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Wh... why did he feed the troll?

That's far more concerning to me than anything Kane ever did on social media.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
This part of the trade will always haunt Buffalo;

Lemieux
2015 1st (Jack Roslovic)

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Wh... why did he feed the troll?

That's far more concerning to me than anything Kane ever did on social media.

Yup. I know.

People are still on this? Who cares that he responded to some guy that was mocking him for his injuries. And btw Kane has got involved in twitter wars with people before and it went beyond the one response that Bogo did. In any case though public figures have every right once in a while to respond to people who chirp them on twitter, they can only be expected to turn the other cheek so often.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This will probably be the worst trade in Sabres history.

Doubtful, but it could swing heavily in your favor if the injuries continue to rack up for Kane and Bogo. If they're playing and healthy then this looks to be a win-win for both teams. Kane, Bogo, and Myers are all impact players. They just impact the game in different ways.

I'd honestly love it if both teams benefited heavily from the trade. I have too much love for the players we traded away (Myers and Armia) to be bitter about their success. I understand it's different for you guys with all this news coming out with Kane, but just note this Buffalo fan is sending positive vibes to your organization!

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Doubtful, but it could swing heavily in your favor if the injuries continue to rack up for Kane and Bogo. If they're playing and healthy then this looks to be a win-win for both teams. Kane, Bogo, and Myers are all impact players. They just impact the game in different ways.

I'd honestly love it if both teams benefited heavily from the trade. I have too much love for the players we traded away (Myers and Armia) to be bitter about their success. I understand it's different for you guys with all this news coming out with Kane, but just note this Buffalo fan is sending positive vibes to your organization!

Thanks - always appreciate positive responses from the other side.

From a Wpg perspective, I think everyone is hoping this works out for Bogo & it certainly gives Kasdorf a chance to make it (here he had no chance).

Kane is another story. He has never liked Wpg & has gone out of his way to show his dislike. Sentiment has shifted, with his final shot at the city being what put many of his former fans over the edge. There may be a few folks who still hope he goes on to great things, but that number is dwindling rapidly.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Thanks - always appreciate positive responses from the other side.

From a Wpg perspective, I think everyone is hoping this works out for Bogo & it certainly gives Kasdorf a chance to make it (here he had no chance).

Kane is another story. He has never liked Wpg & has gone out of his way to show his dislike. Sentiment has shifted, with his final shot at the city being what put many of his former fans over the edge. There may be a few folks who still hope he goes on to great things, but that number is dwindling rapidly.

Have to reluctantly agree with this post. I was probably among the last holdouts. Kane has finally pushed me over the edge. Funny thi g about Kane is that he is probably happy to know he has lost his last friend in Winnipeg. :laugh:

I hope Buffalo comes out smelling like a rose though. Both Bogo and Kasdorf turn out well and they get great value when they trade Kane to Toronto or Edmonton or Boston. My 3 least favourite teams.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Have to reluctantly agree with this post. I was probably among the last holdouts. Kane has finally pushed me over the edge. Funny thi g about Kane is that he is probably happy to know he has lost his last friend in Winnipeg. :laugh:

I hope Buffalo comes out smelling like a rose though. Both Bogo and Kasdorf turn out well and they get great value when they trade Kane to Toronto or Edmonton or Boston. My 3 least favourite teams.

Does anyone think he is doing Buffalo any favors by napalming the bridges in Winnipeg and his fans in the city?
The trade keeps looker better and better and...

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
It is kinda weird. I don't know what, if anything, Bogo did to earn the trade. I always thought it was Buffalo's management wanting Bogo and to unload Kane we had to give up Bogo. So why the animosity from the Jets Twitter account towards Bogo. Yeah, it's mostly harmless stuff but it seems really out of character for the Jets squeaky clean image as cultured by TNSE. Think about it: if Bogo had gone to another team, came into town and had spent most of the year injured but was able to play against the Jets do you think TNSE would allow fans to dress up like the picture from the twitter post? Not a chance it would be allowed. So yeah, weird.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
It is kinda weird. I don't know what, if anything, Bogo did to earn the trade. I always thought it was Buffalo's management wanting Bogo and to unload Kane we had to give up Bogo. So why the animosity from the Jets Twitter account towards Bogo. Yeah, it's mostly harmless stuff but it seems really out of character for the Jets squeaky clean image as cultured by TNSE. Think about it: if Bogo had gone to another team, came into town and had spent most of the year injured but was able to play against the Jets do you think TNSE would allow fans to dress up like the picture from the twitter post? Not a chance it would be allowed. So yeah, weird.

That's not the Jets Twitter account...that's just some random fan.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Does anyone think he is doing Buffalo any favors by napalming the bridges in Winnipeg and his fans in the city?
The trade keeps looker better and better and...

There's a few folks that enjoy his attitude and insinuate that the people who dislike his crap are the ones with the problem.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
This trade is seeming ever more lopsided.

Armia roslovic and lemieux are looking to all become decent players. After tonight I am very impressed with armia.

I think Stafford is even better for team than Kane.

Myers is better bogo.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This trade is seeming ever more lopsided.

Armia roslovic and lemieux are looking to all become decent players. After tonight I am very impressed with armia.

I think Stafford is even better for team than Kane.

Myers is better bogo.

Agreed. Huge win by the Jets any way you break it down.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

Wait until Kane scores 70 goals next season:sarcasm:

Armia is looking pretty slick out there. Uses his size well protecting the puck and has some nice hands. Time to see if he has an NHL shot. Seems like Ehlers likes playing with him. I am liking what I a seeing. Definite top six potential.

White Out 403*

The trades already looking pretty good. kane is a disaster, [mod] scoring a point every 2nd game.

a decent return for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Analyzed today, Chevy took Buffalo to the cleaners......
This is not even counting what Lemieux and Roslovic might amount to.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Kane and Stafford are very different. Kane was great on the forecheck and PK. His speed and physicality tilted the ice. He was very disappointing in his scoring. Stafford is pretty good in the O zone and converts his scoring chances well. Kane's youth is in his favour especially if he ever figures out how to score and how to complement linemates. Point is it isn't that lopsided. I like Staff and give him the edge at least in the short term.

Similar story with Myers/Bogo. Given Bogo's continuing injury problem Myers is clearly ahead but Bogo is very close if he can just stay healthy.

If Armia becomes a solid 3rd liner we have won. If 1 of Lemieux or Roslovic makes it we have a big win. I'm not in any rush to call it though.

Unruhch

Oct 20, 2013
I agree today we appear to have won that trade but an aspect I haven't seen mentioned is Kane's resale value compared to stafford's at the end of each of their current contracts.

For comparisons sake lets just call bogo/Myers an even swap.

Undoubtedly Kane in a few years would fetch more than an aging stafford at the deadline. I feel like we traded what would have been an extended amount of known reasonable success (Kane to Date and then what he brings in a future rental trade) plus some potential unknown upside for a little bit more known immediate success in stafford plus some unknown in current prospects armia, Lemieux, and roslovic (which at least appears to be going well).

The difference in value may be a first and a prospect at a time that buffalo would be in a better position to benefit from those assets. Maybe only once we see what Kane can fetch alone in a couple years and compare that to the success of armia Lemieux and roslovic can we more accurately assess who won.

Same logic for the bogo and Myers aspect of the trade but I still think we look back on the trade in 5 years and think we're glad we did it but may not necessarily be the slam dunk it looks like now. The current results are only the immediate portion of the trade.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad