Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Who mentioned that?

SY would be crazy...it's not that it's not fair but if a prospect wont sign the team losses all leverage

It sucks but it's business
funny how often it gets stated that teams lose leverage around here only for that team to get good value on the trades

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Who mentioned that?

SY would be crazy...it's not that it's not fair but if a prospect wont sign the team losses all leverage

It sucks but it's business
Somewhere in one of the threads about this...

The team has 2 years of control still. They still have leverage. Look at what Briere was able to get for Gauthier.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I wonder if it's a Canada/Winnipeg thing, or more of a 'they wouldn't sign me' thing. If I'm remembering correctly, it wasn't fully his preference to stay in college right?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I wonder if it's a Canada/Winnipeg thing, or more of a 'they wouldn't sign me' thing. If I'm remembering correctly, it wasn't fully his preference to stay in college right?
I think it's more that he wants a spot in the nhl and would most likely be in the ahl next year

Reactions: jamiebez

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I feel like it’s prob closer to a gauthier situation than a I don’t want to play for scenario

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Somewhere in one of the threads about this...

The team has 2 years of control still. They still have leverage. Look at what Briere was able to get for Gauthier.
Didn’t Briere thank everyone for keeping their mouths shut because if it got out they would’ve lost value?

I think if there’s more than one team bidding the price can get driven up to where it belongs but generally I do think you lose some when it goes public a guy won’t play for you. McGroarty probably doesn’t want to wait them out for two years so it makes it interesting how his side may try to apply pressure to make it happen early.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint and DaveG

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Are you saying next year as in 2025-26?
I'm saying if he were to sign with the jets today he would most likely play the next season with the moose, he wants a spot on the jets roster next year and the jets might not have a spot for him

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm saying if he were to sign with the jets today he would most likely play the next season with the moose, he wants a spot on the jets roster next year and the jets might not have a spot for him
Oh. I thought that decision was already made.

I was thinking that it was the idea of after he played this upcoming year, there still wouldn't be an NHL spot for him, which would be pretty ridiculous.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Andrew Copp and Detroit’s 1st in 2025, top 12 protected.

Nate Danielson was mentioned. Probably worth more than McGroarty ( a bit). Jets have no draft picks to add though.

No way Detroit trades Danielson.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Would likely be a great fit in Columbus. Former Michigan teammates and they have assets to move. No clue on value so I won't try, just seems like a potential fit
Ya I’d assume columbus, Anaheim, Detroit are spots he’d gladly go , if he has a say in it

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Wonder what the highest pick they’d take straight up would be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad