Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Except....it's NEVER going to happen.

Two of the best sources of humour are non Hab fans who think they are so smart that they can steal whatever they dream of...or ignorant Hab fans who are clueless on the value of players.

Beck is going straight to 3C service with 2C upside and Mailioux just had a fantastic season in Laval with the third highest point for defenseman in the AHL. He's an offensive RHD with size and toughness. Neither is getting traded for magic beans.

Moving on...
One team's prospect is "magic beans" and the habs'? Sure things.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What if the kid prefers to play on only one team though and it’s not the one trading for him? Clearly any club trading for him would need to speak to him first to make sure he’d sign or they’re just wasting assets.
I think nobody will trade for him without him in agreeing on signing.

Reactions: Fatass

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Yeah I'd imagine if the issue really is that he wants a top 9 spot out of the gate. Then the Jets would likely negotiate a sign and trade situation. If not it's gonna be tougher, he still has 2 more years left so it's possible even if he's traded he walks in 2 years. But Jets will do the due diligence to ensure both parties get their players.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
And Philadelphia.

Carolina too

I guess we can't forget about Justin Schultz in Anaheim either

But I understand the point you're trying to make. Canada sucks and is undeserving

Schultz didn’t want to compete on an Anaheim Dcore that was already full with Fowler, Lindholm, Montour, Theodore, Depres (before concussions ruined him) Vattanen, among others I’m forgetting on the actual roster at that point

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yeah I'd imagine if the issue really is that he wants a top 9 spot out of the gate. Then the Jets would likely negotiate a sign and trade situation. If not it's gonna be tougher, he still has 2 more years left so it's possible even if he's traded he walks in 2 years. But Jets will do the due diligence to ensure both parties get their players.
With him a 1st, he would come with compensation in 2nd (same spot where picked in first) if unsigned.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Schultz didn’t want to compete on an Anaheim Dcore that was already full with Fowler, Lindholm, Montour, Theodore, Depres (before concussions ruined him) Vattanen, among others I’m forgetting on the actual roster at that point

Thrun is another recent guy for Anaheim…. Didn’t want to have to try to jump our depth.

I have a feeling moore will choose same route next season too

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A few points...

Friedman said the McGroarty camp and the Jets weren't talking to him. They are certainly talking to each other, especially if a trade is brewing.

Jets not fast-tracking McGroarty was an indication that the Jets are maybe not as high on his short-term potential as many fans.

Jets' prospect pool is full of wingers, and they need more high-end D and C prospects / young players. So, it's plausible that the Jets are not averse to trading McGroarty since he's a valuable asset, and that might be why they didn't sign him (bad PR, etc.).

Jets reportedly also have Ehlers in trade talks, so they are considering some major trades / shake-ups, and McGroarty would open up a wider set of possibilities, maybe even packaging Ehlers and McGroarty.

CBJ have McGroarty's college linemates in Fantilli and Brindley. They also have a ton of assets that would interest the Jets, including Mateychuk and maybe Sillinger.

Remember that the Canes tried to acquire Ehlers while Waddell was their GM. Could they consider an Ehlers-Laine reunion, if they can't trade Laine?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
What is he worth in the draft next week? I’d love to get him in NJ but other Devils fans are telling me #10 is too much. What would Winnipeg need to add?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
20-year-old physical Power forward who has the potential to be a bonafide top 6 player....and was a leafs fan growing up....and said his favorite player in the world is Auston Mathews?

Is Treliving about to make a huge offer for this kid? :laugh:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Heldig and Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Agreed. And imo, if he is only wanting to go to one specific club his value is reduced to what that club is will to pay to get him 2 years early.

20-year-old physical Power forward who has the potential to be a bonafide top 6 player....and was a leafs fan growing up....and said his favorite player in the world is Auston Mathews?

Is Treliving about to make a huge offer for this kid? :laugh:
Leafs sure could use a player like this right now. Cheap contract is very important with their current cap constraints. Not too sure if Chevy values much that the Leafs might offer though?

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I think all of these offers being made are pointless, this seems like a situation where he wants to pick where he plays.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
wasn't fox only willing to sign with the rangers?
These kids arent idiots. If a 19-21 year old can pick anywhere to live while making millions it’s NYC. Its why the rangers have an unfair advantage in these situations

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
These kids arent idiots. If a 19-21 year old can pick anywhere to live while making millions it’s NYC. Its why the rangers have an unfair advantage in these situations
Fox was from New York, close to home. Mcgroarty is from Nebraska. If he wants to play close to home, that would be Chicago, Detroit or Minnesota.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Fox was from New York, close to home. Mcgroarty is from Nebraska. If he wants to play close to home, that would be Chicago, Detroit or Minnesota.
Hes also 20 years old and probably talks to people around the league who know theres no place better to live in your 20’s than nyc.

Pair that with being a millionaire athlete and your bedroom door is a turnstile

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Grew up a leafs fan. Says it would be a dream to play with Matthews.
spent time in Toronto and says he is comfortable there

Adam fox 2.0

Toronto. His dad is from here and loves it here and Said he would want to play here at draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad