Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
The same way there’s hesitation in drafting Russian players, there needs to be more hesitation in drafting American college players.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Was a stupid pick to start with

No interest in Mailloux at all…not even a tiny bit…so no
I've honestly no idea why. Mailoux has been incredibly impressive in his growth despite missing so much development time. He's Montreal's second or third best prospect.

Fist of Fury

Wang Chung
Jul 24, 2011
Any pics of him in Islanders jersey or sheet? Or Dad was a fan, uncle, grandpa or neighbor. I'd love Rutger to Isles.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Would likely be a great fit in Columbus. Former Michigan teammates and they have assets to move. No clue on value so I won't try, just seems like a potential fit
I feel like Cole Sillinger is a guy the Jets could possibly be interested in to fill their 2C spot...Not sure if he is a true 2C, stats seems to say he is more of a 3C guy. But he has NHL experience in the position which is something I think is a bit of a concern over here going into next season.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Depending on whose available at the time of the trade, I’d probably move 13 for him

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
The same way there’s hesitation in drafting Russian players, there needs to be more hesitation in drafting American college players.
I don't think all teams need to hesitate, but some definitely do, and for various reasons.

From what I've heard re: the Gauthier situation (Charlie O'Connor, Philly beat reporter, talked about it on his podcast, can try find the episode later if you want), BC's head coach made a really strong pitch to Gauthier to convince him to play in the NCAA for another year. Gauthier wanted a similar pitch from the Flyers, so when he told them he was considering playing another year in the NCAA and Briere said they want him to turn pro but would support him staying in the NCAA as well if that's what he wanted, Gauthier interpreted that as the Flyers not wanting him badly enough and wanted out.

Similarly, Friedman reported earlier this year that one of the reasons McGroarty decided to go back to college is because the Jets couldn't guarantee a full-time roster spot for him (kinda a no-brainer considering Perfetti still isn't always a lock, but that could change with Bones retired now), and he'd rather play at UMich than in the AHL.

So while some of this might have to do with "I don't want to play in Winnipeg" or "I don't want to play for Torts" and that kind of thing, I think these players want to feel valued and wanted by a) their teams begging them to turn pro and b) pretty much "guaranteed" NHL roster spots. If a team is comfortable with that then they should draft as many NTDP players as they want. If not, they should probably hold off.

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
zero interest in a player that doesnt respect the nhl code and happily play for who ever drafts him
This code is rapidly changing. I really think we are going to start to see a rift between players and organizations who hold firm to this code, and players and organizations who want to start emphasizing and valuing players having more personal autonomy.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
As a Jet fan I would do a deal for Jordan Harris, Justin Barron and a second round pick 2027. I cant come up with a better slam dunk deal.....

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think this is appealing for the Jets.
Jets need a youth infusion at RD and Mailloux is ready to plug in.
Except....it's NEVER going to happen.

Two of the best sources of humour are non Hab fans who think they are so smart that they can steal whatever they dream of...or ignorant Hab fans who are clueless on the value of players.

Beck is going straight to 3C service with 2C upside and Mailioux just had a fantastic season in Laval with the third highest point for defenseman in the AHL. He's an offensive RHD with size and toughness. Neither is getting traded for magic beans.

Moving on...

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
I'm confused by this narrative, I've read conflicting reports about this draft. Why are some people saying it's Weak?
From my understanding, the belief is that most of the top prospects in this year's draft are very "high ceiling, low floor" (with exceptions of course), and that the quality of prospects available drops pretty quickly after ~mid 1st round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad