Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe

Listen to the actual comments a bit more insightful

Jets needs are 2C and top 4 RHD
Sounds like Brock Nelson and Ryan Pulock. Not advocating this as I believe both players have trade protection. I always had a soft spot for the Jets. Great people, solid organization, and a small and passionate fan base. Not crazy about when players push this, IF this is true.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
This is a tough situation. As a Flames fan we saw this with 2 prospects who both went to the Rags. One of them won a Norris trophy. It's why I think you've got to find players who care about hockey in Canada. Not how close broadway stage productions are.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
This is a tough situation. As a Flames fan we saw this with 2 prospects who both went to the Rags. One of them won a Norris trophy. It's why I think you've got to find players who care about hockey in Canada. Not how close broadway stage productions are.
from the reports that came out it's not that he doesn't want to play in winnipeg or he wants to choose where he plays, he just wants a spot on an nhl roster

Reactions: DaveG and kenobiwan

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
from the reports that came out it's not that he doesn't want to play in winnipeg or he wants to choose where he plays, he just wants a spot on an nhl roster
Oh well that's a fair ask. If the Jets won't do that I think he should pursue other options. Just don't see why they wouldn't.

10YearsAfter

Feb 11, 2014
Connecticut
With a name like that I'd expect him to be over 150 years old and long since passed away, so no surprise they aren't talking unless the Jets are necromancers.
Rutger is a very cool name
These kids arent idiots. If a 19-21 year old can pick anywhere to live while making millions it’s NYC. Its why the rangers have an unfair advantage in these situations
NY-Shitty is a deplorable place to live

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Here’s hoping the Jets can just fix it. Give the guy a roster spot, he’s likely viable in the top 9.

I’d absolutely hate to lose this guy.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Harsher on players for doing what? Should they be harsher on teams for deciding they don't want specific players anymore?
For not signing/reporting to the team who spent assets in drafting and developing them.
The players are pretty well protected in the NHL as far as teams deciding they don't want a certain player. The contracts are guaranteed...

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Here’s hoping the Jets can just fix it. Give the guy a roster spot, he’s likely viable in the top 9.

I’d absolutely hate to lose this guy.
No thanks…trade him and get a player that fills a need now… mcg isn’t ready and is showing his personality… one we don’t need or want in the room

Reactions: kenobiwan

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Very strange he looked happy on draft day. They certainly have a spot for him too.

You have to admit Habs fans were right to lowball for Dubois the Kings already gave up.

He just wants to play, the Jets are incredibly patient letting prospects develop, almost let them develop too long in cases.

Jets were right not to take low ball offers from anyone onPLD, they got a great return.

Reactions: TS Quint

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Very strange he looked happy on draft day. They certainly have a spot for him too.

You have to admit Habs fans were right to lowball for Dubois the Kings already gave up.
Most offers were fair considering the guy is about to cash in. Same with Necas, they are good not great players about/wanting to get paid. Hence why their teams want to trade them in the first place.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
If the choice is between re-signing Monahan to be our 2C and losing Rutger as a result, you don't re-sign Monahan. Take a chance with the kids - Heinola, McGroarty & Lambert this year. We need some excitement.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
If the choice is between re-signing Monahan to be our 2C and losing Rutger as a result, you don't re-sign Monahan. Take a chance with the kids - Heinola, McGroarty & Lambert this year. We need some excitement.
Monahan shouldn’t be re-signed regardless…should never have been acquired to begin with.
RM should be traded… he’s showing his personality/attitude and it’s not what we need

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
He has a lot of power here because he can hand-pick the team he wants to sign with.

No team is trading assets for someone who isn't gonna sign. Gonna be interesting

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
He has a lot of power here because he can hand-pick the team he wants to sign with.

No team is trading assets for someone who isn't gonna sign. Gonna be interesting
I don't think it will be too hard for a team to sign him, you will just need an open spot for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad