Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

That's not what was said.

Friedman said he reached out for comment, but the family advisor for Rutger isn't talking and the Jets aren't talking, but he's (Friedman) has heard his (Rutger) name in trade talks.

Correct

The thread title and opening post is misleading that’s why I added the actual 32 thoughts, but apparently no one listened to it

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
really don't think the jets would have interest in a mid first from a weak draft, all the moves we have done were to try to be competitive

Reactions: Pongs21

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This would be intriguing to say the least and from the outside seems very reasonable.

Luneau is a pretty good d prospect, so I don't see how it's garbage ?

It's another solid offer.
Personally I can’t see luneau being available due to our lack of RHD, the the org loves luneau, and think he has top pairing upside.

Def wouldn’t add a 1st to him for Mcgroaty either

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
His value dropped when he refused to sign. Winnipeg does not have the leverage here.
You are making huge assumptions. We dont know he refused to sign or is refusing to sign (ever). Yes, he chose to go back to school. That is what we know.

Doubtful they would trade him in division regardless.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How about Hawks 2025 1st with just 1st overall protection? Lands anywhere else and its Jets

If Hawks end up with 1st overall in 2025 they get Hawks 2026 1st unprotected

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
If this kid gets traded to a team he likes, does he have to go back for his junior year or can he sign an ELC right away?

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Rutger went back to the NCAA for a third year because he had no direct route to the big club. Chevy slow-cooks all of his prospects and wouldn't have promoted him from the Moose this coming year. While I hope there's just nothing to say between the two camps right now, it is what it is. I'd rather not do a deal right now since his stock isn't going to decline.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
With a name like that I'd expect him to be over 150 years old and long since passed away, so no surprise they aren't talking unless the Jets are necromancers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad