Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
What about something around McMichael? Young center. Second line is certainly ceiling.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
What if the kid prefers to play on only one team though and it’s not the one trading for him? Clearly any club trading for him would need to speak to him first to make sure he’d sign or they’re just wasting assets.

Ducks were the landing spot when his WJC linemate Gauthier didn't want to sign with Philly, so now we assume we are the front runner in all of these situations (joking).

I could see offering something like Lacombe + Oilers 1st but I sort of expect the Ducks would be outbid by a team that isn't already flush with LH forwards.

Reactions: hn777 and Fatass

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

Listen to the actual comments a bit more insightful

Jets needs are 2C and top 4 RHD

1719066644478.png

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Ducks were the landing spot when his WJC linemate Gauthier didn't want to sign with Philly, so now we assume we are the front runner in all of these situations (joking).

I could see offering something like Lacombe + Oilers 1st but I sort of expect the Ducks would be outbid by a team that isn't already flush with LH forwards.
But is this a case where there would be a bidding war? Seems this player has one team he will play for. Like Faber.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
First of all, why does everyone in here think this kid has the Jets over a barrel? He’s got 2 more years of NCAA before he can become a free agent. Second, why would they trade him for a lowball offer like a 2nd when they’ll get a 2nd if he waits to go to free agency?

This is a big fat nothing burger.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What if the kid prefers to play on only one team though and it’s not the one trading for him? Clearly any club trading for him would need to speak to him first to make sure he’d sign or they’re just wasting assets.
True that certainly would hurt his value, granted I feel like most of the time it’s more than 1 team they’d sign with so we’d be competing vs other teams he’d sign with…. Isn’t he best friends with gauthier? I imagine he’d have no issues coming to Anaheim

Reactions: Fatass

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
First of all, why does everyone in here think this kid has the Jets over a barrel? He’s got 2 more years of NCAA before he can become a free agent. Second, why would they trade him for a lowball offer like a 2nd when they’ll get a 2nd if he waits to go to free agency?

This is a big fat nothing burger.
Because you'll get a lot more if you trade him now to a team he's willing to sign with.

The NHL really needs to make it harsher on player doing this imo.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
jet fans fall in love with their prospects way to much. they thought it was ok he didnt want to sign after year 2 as a 1st rounf pick. i hated it. i said i cant remember a 1st rounder not signing after 2 years. a 1st rounder playing 3 years in collage would be a step back in his development. they should think of trading him. well here we are. he should have been traded the day after he turned down his entry level.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Rangers could use some young talent. Hopefully he pulls a Fox.

Seriously though, I think they’ll get decent value though it’s obviously frustrating if rumors are true.

Reactions: noncents
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad