Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 Coliers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
With our injuries and on the road this what was needed. Sometimes you just need the points.

It hurts like hell when we get goalied so I try to enjoy the moment when we get the benefit. The main thing I am trying to soak in is how great it is to have a top goalie. I will really miss the Hellebuyck era when its over.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
I lived in Edmonton for 8 years, but was able to make my escape. They have serious Calgary-envy and do nothing but compare themselves to Calgary. Edmonton has the exact same socio-economic issues as we do, don't be fooled if they say they are leagues about Winnipeg; trust me, they are not. When Winnipeg was awarded a second franchise, I can't tell you how many of them exclaimed we didn't deserve another team because we weren't a big-city metropolis like them. And I think someone on that thread was trying to imply Edmonton is like Manhattan 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

A few photos of beautiful Edmonton

View attachment 628896View attachment 628897View attachment 628898View attachment 628899

View attachment 628900

Needless to say I had to knock a few people down from their self-imposed deluded pedestals. I mean, their claim to fame is...........an outdated shopping centre!!! Oh, and the fact that Alberta has oil. Which is the ONLY reason Alberta does well economically (and poorly as well during slump times). So as a former temporary Deadmontonian, I would advise current residents to not go knocking other cities. Take a look in the mirror and clean up your own back yard first.

I also lived in Lethbridge. Loved that city and the people there; by far classier than their northern counterparts.
While I can't say much about Alberta's capital having only visited it three times in my life, my brother lived in both Edmonton and Lethbridge and when he retires he said he would be moving to Lethbridge. Enough said...

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
(chop).. care what Edmonton and/or their fans think? (snip)... it's time to rethink your priorities.

Caring about other's opinions, death sticks, sleazy main-level bars.

giphy.gif

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
While I can't say much about Alberta's capital having only visited it three times in my life, my brother lived in both Edmonton and Lethbridge and when he retires he said he would be moving to Lethbridge. Enough said...
Honestly Edmonton is not a bad place. I kind of like it.

Granted Its no Lethbridge or Med Hat where a feller can slip on his Anderson Beans and be strolling over the bald prairie checking out the flora and fauna within a few minutes.

Last edited:

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Boy, i can't wait until the Jets are good again. They barely skated by a team that played last night. Just dreadful hockey to watch right now.
I don’t understand the negativity. Sure they were under pressure for stretches in the game. However, they did very well keeping things to the outside. We had our own pressure as well and took advantage of opportunities. Quite an entertaining game if you ask me.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I don’t understand the negativity. Sure they were under pressure for stretches in the game. However, they did very well keeping things to the outside. We had our own pressure as well and took advantage of opportunities. Quite an entertaining game if you ask me.

The negativity stems from the Jets looking like they were the one that played a game last night, and not the inverse. Not once did the Jets look like they were in control of the game. That is where my concern is. Getting the two points is good, but it needs to be done in a sustainable manner. The Jets aren't going to win too many games playing like that. They desperately need bodies back. Having half of your forward roster being an AHL team is a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I lived in Edmonton for 8 years, but was able to make my escape. They have serious Calgary-envy and do nothing but compare themselves to Calgary. Edmonton has the exact same socio-economic issues as we do, don't be fooled if they say they are leagues about Winnipeg; trust me, they are not. When Winnipeg was awarded a second franchise, I can't tell you how many of them exclaimed we didn't deserve another team because we weren't a big-city metropolis like them. And I think someone on that thread was trying to imply Edmonton is like Manhattan 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

A few photos of beautiful Edmonton

View attachment 628896View attachment 628897View attachment 628898View attachment 628899

View attachment 628900

Needless to say I had to knock a few people down from their self-imposed deluded pedestals. I mean, their claim to fame is...........an outdated shopping centre!!! Oh, and the fact that Alberta has oil. Which is the ONLY reason Alberta does well economically (and poorly as well during slump times). So as a former temporary Deadmontonian, I would advise current residents to not go knocking other cities. Take a look in the mirror and clean up your own back yard first.

I also lived in Lethbridge. Loved that city and the people there; by far classier than their northern counterparts.

Those pictures remind me of various places here in the 'Peg :laugh:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The negativity stems from the Jets looking like they were the one that played a game last night, and not the inverse. Not once did the Jets look like they were in control of the game. That is where my concern is. Getting the two points is good, but it needs to be done in a sustainable manner. The Jets aren't going to win too many games playing like that. They desperately need bodies back. Having half of your forward roster being an AHL team is a recipe for disaster.
Exactly that’s why it’s not about sustainability because they hopefully won’t have to do this night in and night out because Ehlers and bodies will be back soon so they won’t need to play like this. I think sustainability only refers to a team that is not extremely shorthanded and completely missing a top line.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
It hurts like hell when we get goalied so I try to enjoy the moment when we get the benefit. The main thing I am trying to soak in is how great it is to have a top goalie. I will really miss the Hellebuyck era when its over.
Our 2 best players are UFA after next season and there's PLD, Chevy has his work cut out for him. Helle is a top 3 goalie in the league dare I say best goalie in the league this year, Scheifele is playing like the player everyone thought he was but didn't display the last few years and well apparently PLD wants to be a Hab. Yup Chevy has a lot of work in front of him.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Not going to disagree that they need bodies back. Sure they didn’t look they were ever in control of the game however the effort was definitely there. We had pressure at times as well. Like I said, most everything the Oilers had was kept to the outside. To say that it’s dreadful hockey to watch is a tad harsh. Dreadful would have been no effort and getting blown out. To watch our B team grind one out is great hockey to watch in my opinion.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I agree about us being a AHL team but that's because of injuries only. There isn't much you can do but hope our starters come back soon. In the meantime we have Helly that can win us some games.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
For some reason the Jets tanks were on empty the whole game but they actually held on to win
I'm guessing it was the flu and if that was the case, I am thoroughly impressed with the boys.

Snapping McJesus' points streak was almost a good as winning the game. My god he's just so far above every other player in the league. I think it's fair to say he's the best player to ever skate in the nhl. I don't want to get into era adjustments, but it's just a fact.

Heinola built off his last solid game and was real good in this one. You can start to see the game slowing down for him. Has he turned a corner?

I don't really need to see any more of Harkins. He just isn't good enough. An Ahler who just can't make the jump. He'd be fine a a 4th line but the problem is we have like 6 guys for that role better than him.

Samberg just needs to go down for a while. More terrible plays last night that thankfully did not end up in our net.

Norrissey just doing Norrissey thangs.

The Oilers threw everything they had at an ill, injury ravaged team and still couldn't win. They had the edge in energy but the jets just played within their capabilities, and kept the high danger chances down, and when we gave one up, Helle said no, thanks.

What a way to start the new year.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I'm guessing it was the flu and if that was the case, I am thoroughly impressed with the boys.

Snapping McJesus' points streak was almost a good as winning the game. My god he's just so far above every other player in the league. I think it's fair to say he's the best player to ever skate in the nhl. I don't want to get into era adjustments, but it's just a fact.

Heinola built off his last solid game and was real good in this one. You can start to see the game slowing down for him. Has he turned a corner?

I don't really need to see any more of Harkins. He just isn't good enough. An Ahler who just can't make the jump. He'd be fine a a 4th line but the problem is we have like 6 guys for that role better than him.

Samberg just needs to go down for a while. More terrible plays last night that thankfully did not end up in our net.

Norrissey just doing Norrissey thangs.

The Oilers threw everything they had at an ill, injury ravaged team and still couldn't win. They had the edge in energy but the jets just played within their capabilities, and kept the high danger chances down, and when we gave one up, Helle said no, thanks.

What a way to start the new year.
There was some talk this past week that something is going around in the dressing room, as for Harkins he just has no consistency in his game also he doesn't have much game, Samberg at 23 still makes monumental mistakes on the ice, if he wants to stick around that has to stop. I wont say that McDavid is the best ever but he will be by the time his career is over. Heinola needs games and confidence and the Jets need to let him stay in the lineup no matter who is ready to come back, and finally Helle is Helle and this team is on the outside looking in this year if it wasn't for him.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
I agree. Jets offense wasn't there last night, but what can you expect with only 3 good forwards dressed. They played hard defensively and kept the Oilers from scoring. That's a deserved win in my book.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Reminder to Jets board posters that posting on the Oilers board is likely to get you warning points and lose some site functionality and/or banned site wide.
Yah I don't understand why posters have to jump on the opponents GDT after what is a frustrating loss for them, rile them up and wonder why they lash out.

"MOM!!! Jimmy just hit me... for no reason!!"

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Honestly Edmonton is not a bad place. I kind of like it.

Granted Its no Lethbridge or Med Hat where a feller can slip on his Anderson Beans and be strolling over the bald prairie checking out the flora and fauna within a few minutes.
I loved my time in Edmonton. A great city and great people. Winnipeg and Edmontonians should not be firing shots at each other's cities, because pot, kettle, etc.

I have an interesting question:

Which of the following leads to more wins for their team:

Edmonton's Connor?

Winnipeg's two Connors?

Yah I don't understand why posters have to jump on the opponents GDT after what is a frustrating loss for them, rile them up and wonder why they lash out.

"MOM!!! Jimmy just hit me... for no reason!!"
It's so juvenile and stupid.

I hate it when it happens to us.

Thanks to the mods for their hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad