Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
didn’t really care who won the game. Gotta beat whoever you’re matched up with and the Phillies should like their odds against any team. Not saying they will win against any team but they have as good a chance to as any. The bats just can’t go ice cold

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I have gone to one Phillies game in the past 15 years

It was a Taijuan start in Baltimore where Ruiz came in relief. Do not let me get a playoff ticket

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
They’re about 70-40 since June 1.

My wife is a Mets diehard, meaning I am nominally a Mets fan as well...their vibe right now is very 2010 Flyers. You can't see any reason why they should be winning all these games, but you also can't see any reason why they shouldn't, if that makes any sense. Last night was nerve-wracking, but there was still this sense like "They'll come back and win, because why not."

Good lineup, good defensive position players, but their pitching is confusing. Starting staff is just a bunch of guys who can get through 5-6 innings without ever looking particularly smooth or dominant (cough 2010 Flyers goalies). Bullpen is kind of a mess, and Mendoza isn't always the best decision-maker there. Could crash and burn at any second, doubly hard because it's the Mets, but right now they're just playing with that house-money confidence that can be dangerous.

Excited for this series, maybe not so much for the emotional rollercoaster that it will be in this house.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

When Harper’s wife, Kayla, became interested in nutrition a few years ago, he began asking the team chefs to bring in pasture-raised, grass-finished beef and raw milk, much of it from Amish country.

@DancingPanther Raw milk. The E. coli is going to hit in WS G5, isn’t it?

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Mets -> Dodgers -> Yankees

That's a perfect dream trio of dragons to slay en route to the title

I mean, I get it, but I would much rather be facing teams I wouldn't mind seeing win a Series instead. If any of those three teams win, I'll be really pissed off; if it's the Padres or Brewers, who've never won, or the Guardians, whose last win was during the Truman administration, I'd be a lot cooler with that, because at least we didn't lose to a team whose victory personally hurts to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad